justice - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 16-11-07 Thread Starter

justice

My wife's workmate was having trouble where she lived..a flat which

was ok..then they moved junkies in and alcoholics..then she could

not sleep at night..partys,argueing late at night etc..she used to come

in to her work crying saying she could not take anymore...then they

moved the junkies alcoholics out...so she went to the council saying

i hope u r not going to move junkies alcoholics back into the empty

flats..their reply, oh junkies and alcoholics have got priority...so on

that basis,if u r a honest hard working person pay u r taxes u r below

the junkies and alcoholics...i honestly felt sorry for her..cause she is

a funny decent person who should not have to go through that crap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Re: justice

It is sad when you hear stories like that
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

nobody gets to choose their neighbours unfortunately, wherever they live. the difference is if you own your home there's **** all you can do about them. if you have a council house at least you have some way of getting them shifted
AO Member

County: Antrim

Always the same-the honest hardworking tax payer is always at the bottom of the pile.If I drive my car with no tax,I get a fine at best,the car crushed at worst.If some toe rag nicks it,drives with no licence,insurance etc.,he gets six months in a "programme" where he is given cars to race! If an underage drinker p*sses in the street he gets councilling,if my dog cr*ps I get £80 fine!What a wonderful country we have the pleasure of inhabiting
AO Member

County: Scottish Borders

Same thing happened to my sister, what had been a nice new set of flats when she moved in, with nice neighbours was rapidly becoming just a dosshouse for any of East Lothian's Human garbage that was so bad they couldn't house them where anyone knew them.

Sickening really
AO Silver Member

County: Nicosia

retire and come to Cyprus
AO Member

We had that with a house across the road, council wouldnt do anything, we took petisons in phones enviromental health everything, in the end the whole street got together and sorted it out our selfs & gave them no choice but to move lol
Rayq81

Take the council or Housing association to court if they keep putting undesireables in the same flat, they have a duty of care to all residents i used to live in a block of flats full of drug addled no hopers i stopped paying my rent on the grounds that the housing association had deliberately affected my quality of life, they took me to court for non payment of rent i counterclaimed and the judge ruled in my favour so it can be done.

AlfaLincs

On a parallel note my son has just gone to Uni, and the others in his accommodation seem to be OK, but a friend's son has gone to another Uni and its been a nightmare as one of the new students in their accommodation is into drugs and has invited the local 'drug scene' gang to virtually take up residence and take the place over, and the non druggies are all scared and intimidated, and been threatened, and basically they are trying to get them out.

The Uni has not done much to help so far. It shouldn't be like that and certainly wasn't in my time at Uni.

I work in Housing Association properties for about five Associations. Their policies have changed dramatically. Traditionally they would have a 'sink estate' or dumping ground for all the 'trash'. The 'New' thinking is to distribute the undesirables over the entire housing stock in the hope that moving them to a 'nice' area will put pressure on them to improve their social behaviour, and also split them up. Is it working? I couldn't possibly say, but some of the older folk who felt quite secure in 'Old Fogey Avenue' are now too frightened to go out. Sometimes though, it does work oddly enough. It is upsetting though to find what was a nicely kept garden with three scrap cars parked on it, and ten dud car batteries.etc etc.......

AlfaLincs

Last edited by AlfaLincs; 17-11-07 at 17:45.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page