Sports Direct - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Keithy
  • 1 Post By Alfamack

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 26-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Sports Direct

What a pile of *&%@e this lot are

Last year I broke my Badminton bat by trying my best to drive a shuttlecock through an opponents ear-hole by using my forehand smash

A look through their site and, surprise surprise, there are quite a few nice new bats that were 8 bajillion that are now reduced to a much more reasonable 30 or there about.

A trip to the sucking retail park anus that is their shop and, shock horror, none of these bats are available, everything they have that was 8 bajillion is only reduced to 279.99 and there are a couple of really crappy primary school type kits. There are some odd bits that are OK so I mosey out feeling aggrieved and slightly done with a 40 bat that can at least help me in my mission to inflict my opponent with concussion.

Fast forward and I now find myself in need of a ping pong paddle.

You can tell what's coming, can't you?

The sharty web site shows me that the current world-championship bit of wood with sticky back plastic on it is 2.3 bajillion, but , it is currently on offer for 15.

So am I going to visit their festering pustule of a shop to search forlornly through their s*&%^y shelves?

Am I [email protected]#!

I'll order the gear I want, get one of their acne raddled yoofs to prepare it and I'll get Mrs Pat to pick it up on the way home from work

Checkout, stage two, click "click and collect" - WTF is this a 5 charge TO COLLECT MY OWN FECKIN' ORDER

I won't bother telling you how utterly rubbish their e-commerce site is, I'm hoping that this little tirade will be sufficient to put you off using these twarts, but I can assure you it is cack.

As is their "add a crappy mug and a pointless magazine to your order in the hope you won't see it" strategy.

As is their "sign you up to our crappy newsletter by default" strategy.

As is their "fancy a tenner discount from some god-awful third party that will charge you some sh*t subscription fee" offer strategy.

Guess what Sprouts Direct?

YOU CAN STICK IT!
FredDibnah and Headgasket14 like this.

No 2 on the Git list

Are you folding?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

If you worked there (on minimum wage obvs) you could claim staff discount and get a few shekels off. But only on Thursdays. And only on stuff in your size.

No shift on Thursdays? Tough.
Want to buy your dad a pair of trainers? Tough.

A thoroughly unpleasant organisation in every respect. Thankfully elder child has now jacked it in apart from during the holidays.
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire
shuttlecock

Snigger
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Why don't you just order from those nice tax dodgers, Amazon?
They delivery it right to you door.

As Mike said: You said, "shuttlecock". [Snigger]
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

Sports Direct... as a Rangers fan I don't go near them.
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

I dislike them and Ashley...but have to admit to using them...in N Ireland we don't have the option to click and collect and i must admit am surprised you have to pay to use this facility....you may as well get it delivered.

Best way to use SD is buy a few items at a time saving you multiple delivery costs....and cancel that poxy 1 magazine at checkout !!
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithy View Post
What a pile of *&%@e this lot are

Last year I broke my Badminton bat by trying my best to drive a shuttlecock through an opponents ear-hole by using my forehand smash

A look through their site and, surprise surprise, there are quite a few nice new bats that were 8 bajillion that are now reduced to a much more reasonable 30 or there about.

A trip to the sucking retail park anus that is their shop and, shock horror, none of these bats are available, everything they have that was 8 bajillion is only reduced to 279.99 and there are a couple of really crappy primary school type kits. There are some odd bits that are OK so I mosey out feeling aggrieved and slightly done with a 40 bat that can at least help me in my mission to inflict my opponent with concussion.

Fast forward and I now find myself in need of a ping pong paddle.

You can tell what's coming, can't you?

The sharty web site shows me that the current world-championship bit of wood with sticky back plastic on it is 2.3 bajillion, but , it is currently on offer for 15.

So am I going to visit their festering pustule of a shop to search forlornly through their s*&%^y shelves?

Am I [email protected]#!

I'll order the gear I want, get one of their acne raddled yoofs to prepare it and I'll get Mrs Pat to pick it up on the way home from work

Checkout, stage two, click "click and collect" - WTF is this a 5 charge TO COLLECT MY OWN FECKIN' ORDER

I won't bother telling you how utterly rubbish their e-commerce site is, I'm hoping that this little tirade will be sufficient to put you off using these twarts, but I can assure you it is cack.

As is their "add a crappy mug and a pointless magazine to your order in the hope you won't see it" strategy.

As is their "sign you up to our crappy newsletter by default" strategy.

As is their "fancy a tenner discount from some god-awful third party that will charge you some sh*t subscription fee" offer strategy.

Guess what Sprouts Direct?

YOU CAN STICK IT!
That has to score 10/10 for making me laugh endlessly.
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
I went in one once, I got scared so came straight back out, got in my car and drove as fast as I could home. It really was populated by a cross between those mug wielding types and the Star Wars bar clientele... Not for me, I love the faceless internet shops better because I don't get asked pointless questions, I just tick (or don't) the boxes that mean I'll never have my inbox worried by marketing carp!
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
SD bought up many of the well-known and trusted names but the standard of merchandise is appalling. I made the mistake of buying a number of 4 3/4 and 5 1/2 oz. cricket balls for our league finals from SD, reputable make too, Slazenger. Some of them lasted less than 10 overs being hit by U12 and U13 players. The insides revealed poor materials poorly constructed. Never again.
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

It appears to me, to avoid any litigation, that SD buy brands that are struggling and then use those brands to fill the shops with tat. The major brands you see in there are usually last years items, although I could be wrong.
average joe likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
I have bought a few things from them and not really had any problems.

They do however own Dragon Carp who sell fishing tackle. Most of it is cheap tat.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

My GF's youngest works for them whilst he's still at college. The wages are incredibly bad, he is also expected to sell a pair of insoles with everything.
Keithy, if you had bought a bat it would have had insoles.

He gets commission on what he sells as you would expect. I think it was a fiver this week... or was that this month Most of it was from insoles.
Funnily enough my GF bought a pair of walking trainers from them on a day he was not in. We laughed when the young chap suggested insoles and directly after telling us how good the soles on the 'Balance' (think that is the brand) trainers were

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just going.
Statements above are all my own opinion and not fact.
AO Platinum Member

Better selling insoles than assoles?
(Post Link) post #14 of 17 Old 28-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata4Now View Post
Better selling insoles than assoles?
Ass-soles, an underpant protector/liner/cushion!?

Ker-ching!!
AO Gold Member

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headgasket14 View Post
That has to score 10/10 for making me laugh endlessly.
That explains what happened to HG - obviously laughing too hard to post ever again.
AO Platinum Member

And let's not forget:

Keithy said, "shuttlecock."

[snigger]
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version