More ranting, driving-wise - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 03-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
More ranting, driving-wise

i live at the top of a hill.

At the bottom of the hill is a 'traffic calming measure', with priority given to those going up the hill.

This morning, as i got to the bottom of the hill and the TCM, there were a load of cars behind me. The cars coming up the hill, were slowed by weaving in between the cars parked on the hill.

Opposite me, at the other end of the TCM, was a lady in an XC90 (uh oh - one of those again...). Clocking the grid-lock ahead of her, she recognised that relieving the grid-lock could be achieved by letting me through the TCM first. Doing so would give the traffic flow the relief it needed to break the bottle neck that had built up on either side of the road.

So, what did our Peroxide friend do? That's right. She exercised her right to priority on principle, thus blocking me going down through the TCM, which meant no-one else could go up the hill, including her. Well done, Gridlock Gonk. You fu*5ed it up for everyone. How retarded does your brain need to be to take a point of principal over a bit of logic that is stareing you in your dumb-ass, Gucci-glasses clad face? Pardon my rudeness, but how thick do you need to be?

Next time this happens, my response will be thus. I'll stick the Polo in Park, switch off the engine and abandon it. Then the brains of Britain can work out how to fix the problem.

I am sick to fu*5ing death of idiots. Truely sick to to death of them. I want to throw things at them. Either rude words, rude gestures or general inconveniences. Thickies should not be let near a car.

g

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HSTDriver

Re: More ranting, driving-wise

If we ALL respected one another a bit more then traffic would flow a lot smoother and easier....

AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Once again G, I agree. No need for any of this bad driving to be occuring...

... and another XC-90... not having much luck, are ya chap!
Global Mod Team

County: British Columbia
Garage

Seems to be a rather rude bunch of drivers over your way. Hope your day is better tomorrow.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

He lives down south, I'm led to believe they're all like that
AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Easy Bazza!!
AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

People just drive about in their cocooned metal boxes oblivious to everything thats going on around them. They dont pay attention, dont have any courtesy and worse of all no common sense. I'm beginning to think that common sense is not so 'common' anymore
VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
He lives down south, I'm led to believe they're all like that
You're lucky, you have ferrets and whippets for stress relief

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
i live at the top of a hill.

At the bottom of the hill is a 'traffic calming measure', with priority given to those going up the hill.

This morning, as i got to the bottom of the hill and the TCM, there were a load of cars behind me. The cars coming up the hill, were slowed by weaving in between the cars parked on the hill.

Opposite me, at the other end of the TCM, was a lady in an XC90 (uh oh - one of those again...). Clocking the grid-lock ahead of her, she recognised that relieving the grid-lock could be achieved by letting me through the TCM first. Doing so would give the traffic flow the relief it needed to break the bottle neck that had built up on either side of the road.

So, what did our Peroxide friend do? That's right. She exercised her right to priority on principle, thus blocking me going down through the TCM, which meant no-one else could go up the hill, including her. Well done, Gridlock Gonk. You fu*5ed it up for everyone. How retarded does your brain need to be to take a point of principal over a bit of logic that is stareing you in your dumb-ass, Gucci-glasses clad face? Pardon my rudeness, but how thick do you need to be?

Next time this happens, my response will be thus. I'll stick the Polo in Park, switch off the engine and abandon it. Then the brains of Britain can work out how to fix the problem.

I am sick to fu*5ing death of idiots. Truely sick to to death of them. I want to throw things at them. Either rude words, rude gestures or general inconveniences. Thickies should not be let near a car.

g
So what happened after she blocked it???
VO2Max

Back to your point g, a few weeks ago, early in the morning and driving to work, I was going through a narrow, twisty bit of residential road before I got out onto a more major road where I continue my journey. On a downhill blind bend bit, I had to cross the the RHS of the road to go past a row of about 10 parked cars. As I got to the last 2 cars, I saw a car coming the other way. Now, I am well aware of the rule that says the car with the parked cars on his side has to give way. But I was amazed to find that the car coming the other way kept on coming, blocking my exit from this situation. he would have had to wait literally 4 seconds for his way to become clear! So we both stopped, but being dark and both having headlights on, I can't see his face (nor he mine). But I could see that he wasn't going to budge. By this time, 4 cars had come up behind me and were in the same predicament, all blocked by Mr. 'I'm in the right' F*ckwit. So, I have nowhere to go. We all just sit there for a whole minute and eventually I wind down the window and exclaim 'look mate, I know technically you're in the right, but where can I f* cking go? If you back up 5m, in a few seconds, we'll all be on our way, eh?' Anyway, eventually our friend begrudgingly pulls back the requisite 5m and we all continue our journeys, by now completley stressed out because of this moron. I bet when he got home that night, he told his wife what a nasty man he met on the drive to work, or perhaps he's on the BMW owners' forum right now, telling them all how Alfa drivers don't know the friggin' Highway Code! Tw4t!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page