Ateco Australia...Doing Alfa owner one hell of an injustice! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ateco Australia...Doing Alfa owner one hell of an injustice!

Well now i have found this rant section i have decided to tell everyone about a car importer named Ateco.

Ateco are the importers and warranty claim handlers of Alfa Romeo in Australia.

There are ruthless, condescending, innate, foolish, scroupouls fck knob gits you could ever come across.

All legitimate claims on my car whilst STILL under warranty have been rejected by Ateco and have been replaced out of good will of the actual AR dealership.

I have been on the phone to these useless fools numerous times and was told by there rep when i asked to speak to the persons who make the decisions around the place that i could not speak to 'these people' as they don't deal with the public, they only deal through agents....well i wonder why

Only after threatening to take Ateco to the cleaners for numerous breaches of the implied conditions under the TPA did i get my warranty work subsidized, (they paid for labour) nice don't you think... NOT!

All i can hope is they lift there game as i know of many un happy people and not just AR owners but from Suzuki's to the likes of Ferrari's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Re: Ateco Australia...Doing Alfa owner one hell of an injustice!

I think you'll find that the consensus on ATECO's modus operandi is in sweeping agreement with what you mention. I have not had any direct dealings with them so it would be unfair for me to comment, but if you do a search for the term "ateco" you'll see what I mean.

Must be absolutely frustrating, sorry to hear of your woes.
EddieGTA

That is so frustrating and stands a chance of turning people away from alfa. BMW have issues too, I don't care what people say but they have better aftersales so it is such a pain in the ass when something does go wrong!

AO Gold Member

County: -

All my warranty issues were actually solved promptly by my dealer including a new Clutch master cylinder. My complaints about Ateco are related to parts 'stocking' (typical of importers) and the fact that you really cannot get an Alfa without sweaty, cold and slippery Dead Cow skin seats

The other thing I notice is that they definitely do not do any bargains...selling Alfa Romeos well past the date a new model is introduced. i.e no runout sales. The 156 was still being sold for several months after the 159 came out and until about 2 months ago there were still a few new 147 GTAs still on sale.

Warranty issues solved...replaced both sunvisors , new boot lock which ended up including 3 new interior boot trims as dealer mechanics kept brasking them , Clutch master cylinder and the control valve for the Variator

however Dealer claimed Ateco will not fix rattles .................

But is Ateco any worse than Alfa Romeo...in 1979 I waited 5 months to get my New car back on the road even after talking to Mr Massa, the Managing Director of Alfa Australia at the time!!!!!! Drove it for 4 days and waited 5 months for parts.

Last edited by Stori; 08-11-07 at 19:11.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page