National lottery advertising - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

7Likes
  • 5 Post By keithyboy
  • 1 Post By steveisfrowning
  • 1 Post By ransoman

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

National lottery advertising

Am I alone in finding the campaign completely lacking any sort of logic?

If I understand it correctly, and I think I do because it really isnít difficult, if you buy a lottery ticket and pick all six numbers correctly, you win the jackpot. If someone else has picked the same numbers, you share the jackpot with them. In the event that you were the only person who bought a ticket in any given week, and you picked the right numbers, you would win the whole prize fund. The prize fund itself is 47.5% of the value of the total tickets purchased. Thus, if you were the only person who bought a ticket, and you picked all 6 numbers, you would win 47.5 pence. It doesnít matter who else has bought a ticket, or how many people have bought a ticket, you cannot prevent someone else from winning by buying lottery tickets.

Where is he going with this I hear you ask? Well, if you donít want Katie Price, Piers Morgan, Noel Edmonds, or Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen to win a fortune on the National Lottery it seems to me that, rather than buying more tickets, you need to buy no tickets at all. Buying more tickets will simply mean that they might have to split the jackpot with someone but theyíll still win big if they have all six numbers. You also need to encourage your friends and relatives to buy fewer tickets. If we get to a point where only the irritants in the adverts are buying tickets, it wonít matter if they win the top prize because the prize fund will be less than a tenner.

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VO2Max

...I'm guessing you don't buy Lottery tickets, do you KB?

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Also, with this use-model, Scamalot will start losing huge amounts of money hand-over-fist;
driving them out of business.

Bonus !

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage
20k people chipping in a quid........and no more Piers Morgan
VO2Max likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Once when I was bored at work I made a "National Lottery" simulator using VBscript that ran in interenet explorer.

you would start with £500, pick your numbers and it would keep doing weekly draws. Any money you won was added back to your starting money to buy more tickets.

I lost count of the amount of times I ran the program but probably 200 years worth of draws and not a single big win. Most was 4 numbers which under my program got me £75. £10000 spent of that, may 16 £10 wins.

After that I vowed never to play the real lottery again.
steveisfrowning likes this.

Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - Quaife diff, Wizard SS manifolds, Scorpion SS downpipes, Scorption GTA catback, Bilstein b4 Dampers, braided brake lines, MTEC drilled disks, Red Stuff pads.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page