PC Fecking World - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 03-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Madness PC Fecking World

Don't buy anything from this group of morons.

I purchased toner cartridges for a printer from them in April on a company credit card. These were not in stock (although they had to check this manually as their computer was down , so they were going to get them delivered to their Wrexham branch. After ordering the items, I realised that they were available cheaper on the PC World web-site. I telephoned them about this, and they said that they would refund the difference.

I went to the Wrexham store to collect the items, but was told that they had made an error, and had delivered them to Bangor University instead. For the next couple of days they tried but failed to deliver the items. I lost patience and cancelled the order, buying the toner cheaper from Staples instead.

I then received a telephone call from PC World querying if I had received my order, as the person who was dealing with it had gone on holiday and no-one could read his notes. I explained that the order had been cancelled, and I then received a credit note from PC World but only to the sum of £299-86. I telephoned them and the woman I spoke to said she couldn’t understand the various invoices and credit notes, but agreed that I should be refunded the sum of £418-11.

I then received a further four invoices from PC World as well as a telephone call from their delivery company trying to deliver the cancelled order! I ignored the invoices believing that they had simply crossed since I spoke to them on the 14th May, a view that was strengthened when I received another credit note from them on the 29th May to the sum £79-97. However, shortly after opening this credit note I received a telephone call from PC Word, querying why I had not returned the items to them. I again explained that the order had been cancelled and that we had never received the items.

I still haven't been refunded my money. I spoke to them today, and in between computer crashes etc they said I still had 3 outstanding invoices, although they don't know what these are for. They are now going to phone me back - again

Their whole operation is shambolic. They sell PCs and yet their stock, invoicing and auditing systems appear to be totally inefficient. Believe me I will never set foot in one of their stores again.

In every step, I hear your sobbing
Dare I break the shade with one caress
Dare I trespass to lift the veil
To touch the lips so soft and frail

It may be that love comes once and once only, preceded by rehersal, followed by regret.

Know well that however right a man may be they always find the fallen one guilty.

All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Re: PC Fecking World

I hate PC World. Absolutely hate them. Crap staff. And they try and flease anyone that buys a pc from them.

They will never get my money.

OA
Nev

It's Dixons, what do you expect?!

(Post Link) post #4 of 13 Old 03-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
It's Dixons, what do you expect?!

Dixon's Don't get me started on them
AlfaLincs

Dixons is one of the great retail sucesses this country can boast about...apparently. Stanley Kalms gets a knighthood. Can't understand it myself.

I've thought they are rubbish for well over thirty years now. I do confess to have bought the odd thing from PC world..but only when desperate. Its the buying public who are easily fooled unfortunately by promises of expertise and service that simply don't exist, and/or are vastly overcharged for.

Having said that..my wireless router bought direct from BT has conked out after about 2 years..sodit...gone back to wires.

AlfaLincs

AO Member

County: Bucks

Member car:

GT DIEsel

Lord Kalms to you! :P

alfa_147_jtd_16v

Part of the DSG group! Say no more.

I bought a digital camera off their website a few months back and I read the t&c's as I wanted to know where I'd stand if I wanted a refund. It said return within 16 days with recepit to the store.
When I received it throught the post the box looked really really tatty.

Cut a long story short, I decided the camera was not for me so I took it back to the Basevildon store where one of the miserable assistants said I cannot return it as I got it off the web and its not the same company!!! I told him otherwise that this was not what it said on the website.
Then he said 'have you opened it' I said 'no' (although the t&c's say its ok to do this providing the goods are resalable). He started saying the I did as the square electronic tag was all coiled up. I denied it again and said it came like it, which it did. I then made the comment that I was disappointed when it arrived due to the condition of the box - it looked like it had been thrown around the warehouse floor!
He then said 'mmmmm' as if I done it. Yeah thats right Mr. sales guy I always like destroying boxes and then returning them to the store.

The he moved onto why do I wanted to return it? I said 'change of mind'. Guess what he said? 'We don't have a change of mind policy'. At this point I got very annoyed and asked to see his manager as he did not know what he was talking about. At that point he issued me an immediate refund...phew!

They are a total load of muppets in there and they want rediculous prices for any service work. Good job I am self sufficient working in IT Support!.

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

Wasn't he the copper who got Garry Glitter banged up
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post
Dixons is one of the great retail sucesses this country can boast about...apparently. Stanley Kalms gets a knighthood. Can't understand it myself.

I've thought they are rubbish for well over thirty years now. I do confess to have bought the odd thing from PC world..but only when desperate. Its the buying public who are easily fooled unfortunately by promises of expertise and service that simply don't exist, and/or are vastly overcharged for.

Having said that..my wireless router bought direct from BT has conked out after about 2 years..sodit...gone back to wires.

AlfaLincs
Cheapo capacitors probably - what make was it out of curiosity?
AO Silver Member

County: -

Anyone mind if I jump on the bandwagon as well? I nearly got a laptop from them by going into the store but it was an "internet" deal and couldn't be bought in store.
To me the stock looks a bit unloved and things like network cables are farmed out to a company called "Belkin" who charge about £10 for a £1 cable.
Shame because if they did things properly they would clean up.
AO Member

PC World/Hellfrauds...Shops by monkeys, for monkeys.
Nev

Did I just see a PCWorld add on TV
advertising that they charge 30 quid to
copy files from your old PC to a new one!?

Thieving ****ers!

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Yeah... I avoid them

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page