Drink drivers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 41 Old 27-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Drink drivers

I absolutely hate them.

They end up killing an Innocent person and get 5 years. Argh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rayq81

Re: Drink drivers

If a scumbag with a gun gets two years for killing someone during an armed robbery why should a drink driver get life ? sorry i agree five years is lenient but the punishment and crime never match in this country

(Post Link) post #3 of 41 Old 27-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire

They should both get life.
AO Member

Myself and my colleagues encounter these drink drivers from time to time. Some of them even drive drunk with their children onboard, how they think they can get away with it is beyond me.
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin dack View Post
They should both get life.
yes they should you have got more chance of justice in this country if you strap a bomb to your @rse and shout ......... and no offence meant

Last edited by classicgal93; 27-09-07 at 22:55. Reason: can be seen as racist, Joyce

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Gavin,

The law - and the world - is not a fair or rational place mate.

The only thing that we can do as individuals is to recognise our responsibilities to ourselves and others, and act in a manner that reflects that; i.e. by not drink-driving.

I'd love the world to be a fair and just place. But it ain't gonna happen, boss

g
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin dack View Post
I absolutely hate them.

They end up killing an Innocent person and get 5 years. Argh
5 Years? Since when has a drink driver ever got such a long sentence? Its normally about 24 months, and they're out in 12 if they behave themselves..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post

I'd love the world to be a fair and just place. But it ain't gonna happen, boss

g
Too true, we need more vigilantes! Tarring and feathering for all drunk drivers!
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post

Too true, we need more vigilantes! Tarring and feathering for all drunk drivers!

Only tarring and feathering
Club Member
Membro Premio

I'd say castrate them as well but I ain't touching anyone elses b******s. I'll leave that up to you
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
I'd say castrate them as well
AO Member

"Drug/ged drivers" too, equally cretinous individuals.
HSTDriver

Hate to play devils advocate here, I refuse to condone drink or drug driving (both are heinous and should be dealt with severely indeed) but how many people here have driven whilst tired?
How many have landed at the airport feeling like [email protected] and got into their car and driven home?
How many work shifts and have driven to/from the first night/late shift of the week following a previous week of days/earlies?
How many have had a new baby and driven to work following a sleepless night looking after the little 'un?

Driving whilst tired can be as dangerous as driving whilst drunk, yet the vast majority of us have done it, and continue to do it with a degree of regularity

Club Member
Membro Premio

That is very true HST. It's scary to hear the 'bump bump bump bump' or your wheels going over the cats-eyes only to realise with a shock that you had fallen asleep for a split second. In fact, my brother wrote off his Corsa the exact same way, coming home from Bradford to York at 5pm having started work at 7am..
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

A couple of years ago I was driving home late down a backroad, and came across a Ford Ka, smashed up in the middle of the road having bounced off of trees either side the road. I went to see if the driver was ok and it was a Chav who was as P*ssed as a Mattress. He said "I have a mate on his way to come and get me". I drove off round the corner and phoned the police. They then came and carted him off. Stupid Idiot could have Killed me if I had been driving down that road about 5 mins earlier, so there was absolutely no regrets about shopping him.

Giulietta 2.0JTDm (170)
Club Member
Membro Premio

pi**ed as a mattress? Not heard that one before

Good on you for shopping him , that'll teach the cnut
Darren156

To be honest I'm long since over caring about the judicial system within the UK. The whole countries gone to the dogs, and I can't see us ever getting out.

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
To be honest I'm long since over caring about the judicial system within the UK. The whole countries gone to the dogs, and I can't see us ever getting out.
Darren, I loath that sort of apathy, because that is why things slip further. But, I have to confess, I'm now in the same boat as you mate. I could'nt give two hoots either, these days. There seems no point fighting the good fight anymore. I'm cross that I've let this apathy slip in, because it goes against every bit of me that says it is important to care. But I can't do it anymore.

Best thing to do is keep your nose clean and hope that you're never in a situation where you have to go through the legal process/judicial system.

I'm not proud of feeling like this at all.

g

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
Darren156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
Darren, I loath that sort of apathy, because that is why things slip further. But, I have to confess, I'm now in the same boat as you mate. I could'nt give two hoots either, these days. There seems no point fighting the good fight anymore. I'm cross that I've let this apathy slip in, because it goes against every bit of me that says it is important to care. But I can't do it anymore.

Best thing to do is keep your nose clean and hope that you're never in a situation where you have to go through the legal process/judicial system.

I'm not proud of feeling like this at all.

g
My problem is that I do really care, but there's nothing I can do about anything whatsoever so why bother?

As an individual what can I personally do? Nothing really. Just look after my own lot and be done with it.

Anything else that happens to other people is up to them to deal with, because although I may not agree with something it doesn't mean that moaning about it can do anything about it.

I don't want to feel this way, but it's the only way I can feel.

I'm seriously considering moving to America actually. I have family out there anyway so could fit in reasonably well, take the missus and see how it goes.

Because honestly? The UK is done for.

Global Mod Team

County: British Columbia
Garage

You will find that every country has the same issues. It is a sad reflection on our democracy at the moment. It's hard not to feel down about it but as an individual we do have power, even if it is just to be good citizens ourself. Remember there is power and it comes from within. Not an easy road to take, but really, its the only one we have.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgal93 View Post
You will find that every country has the same issues. It is a sad reflection on our democracy at the moment. It's hard not to feel down about it but as an individual we do have power, even if it is just to be good citizens ourself. Remember there is power and it comes from within. Not an easy road to take, but really, its the only one we have.
Agreed.
Darren156

Well, I guess it's not just the UK then. The Earth's doomed in general.

I had a massive argument with a mate down the pub on Friday about this. He'd recently driven home leathered after a fight with his mrs and he doesn't even seem to care. Numpty.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

There have been two accidents on the M4 in South Wales with people driving down the wrong side of the motorway in the last fortnight.

The first accident killed five people (two innocent ones, a couple of seventy year olds heading home from a holiday). The driver of the car at fault was released early from prison for dangerous and drunk driving.

The roads being what they are, it would never enter my mind to drive on 'em whilst sober.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
Do you remember just how bad things were in this country when Wilson and Callaghan were Prime Ministers, or even Heath, come to that ? We had constant strikes, rubbish rotting in the streets, the dead were unburied and power was rationed to just 2 or 3 hours per day. Then along came Thatcher and she sorted the buggers out.It might be a few more years, but eventually cometh the hour, cometh the man !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page