Thick inconsiderate people - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

10Likes
  • 1 Post By keithyboy
  • 3 Post By Keithy
  • 1 Post By Greener123
  • 1 Post By Headgasket14
  • 2 Post By GhostyDog
  • 2 Post By Headgasket14

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 18-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

Thick inconsiderate people

Friday is bins day in sunny Stoneclough where I live. It's always been Friday, it's not a new thing, a change, a freak occurence or an anomaly.

We have alternate collections, non-reycyling one week, recyling the next. This week it was recycling bins. Except they haven't been emptied.

We live at the end of a cul-de-sac. The people at the other end of the street are stupid. They have a Discovery that doesn't fit on their drive. They park it outside their house, then they park their other car, a Focus, across the road because the Discovery that doesn't fit on the drive is blocking it so the Focus can't be put on there.

This leaves a narrow gap so the bin lorry cannot reverse up the street. The bin men basically **** off and leave the bins unemptied as a result. What's really really annoying is that the people who have blocked the street get their ****ing bins emptied because the truck can get that far.

******s.
symon likes this.

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
*******s
Like people who park in the middle of a two-car space and leave the car unused for a week.
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Option 1
Take a photo of the offending tractor.
E-mail your council twart rep
Option 2
Collect all the bins from the close
Park them on the Disco

I vote for option 2
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
Ask everyone in your cul-de-sac to empty their bins on the driveway of the people who block the road.

The council can then come back and collect it from there.

There is a similar thing going on here, the road is narrow but each house has a pretty large drive or area in front of it. Yet people still park on the road making it difficult for the bin lorry as well as other vehicles to pass.

The favorite at the moment is to have one of the houses opposite park both of their vehicles directly in front of my drive on the opposite side of the road. The drive is angled to one side slightly, and the way I usually have to go out is opposite of the direction the drive is angled, so to get out of the drive I have to shunt backwards and forwards a few times. Also I cannot get back in easily due to not being able to swing out wide enough to make the turn.

Giulietta 2.0JTDm (170)
AO Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

seat leon 1.8 fr

If the bin truck can't get up the road how about a fire engine?

You may have a case for yellow lines if not.

Arrogant b-----s though.
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Bananna up exhaust of said landrover and as mentioned above every one elses carp emptied on their drive or rover.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Empty the bins on the cars. Job jobbed.
AO Member

County: -norfolk
just typical of discovery drivers. ignorant and usually accompanied with a dollop of arrogance thrown in for good measure .
AO Silver Member

County: Herts
Garage

Member car:

Subaru Legacy H6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilift View Post
just typical of discovery drivers. ignorant and usually accompanied with a dollop of arrogance thrown in for good measure .
I agree with that, they're normally the bar stewards who leave big dents all over your car in car parks too with those big, heavy, pointy rear doors
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilift View Post
Nah. Estate drivers are the very worst.
Mainly, but not exclusively Audi Avant drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2k View Post
I agree with that, they're normally the bar stewards who leave big dents all over your car in car parks too with those big, heavy, pointy rear doors

Nah, that's just drivers with kids. The ****ers.

Wow this stereotyping is easy!
AO Platinum Member

County: Hampshire
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

It's the faux off road evoque types you've got watch out for, nasty little beggars
TheGrimJeeper likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny boy View Post
If the bin truck can't get up the road how about a fire engine?
Fire brigade have the powers to move a car themselves if causing an obstruction. (I would think the end result would not be good).
steveisfrowning likes this.
AO Platinum Member

Fire trucks should be fitted with ******** fenders.
Similar to the cow fenders they used to put on trains in the wild west.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

Subaru Legacy H6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata4Now View Post
Nah. Estate drivers are the very worst.
Mainly, but not exclusively Audi Avant drivers.

Nah, that's just drivers with kids. The ****ers.

Wow this stereotyping is easy!

Mine's from bitter experience, my cars have the scars to prove it...

1) Walking back to my car, and a S3 Disco owner ripped off the rear bumper whilst reversing out of his parking space. I stopped him, and he apologized profusely and promised to get me a new bumper since he didn't want to go through insurance. We swapped addresses and phone numbers, but he'd given me false details

2) Sitting in my car, engine off, on the phone, and a S3 disco owner opened her rear door hard into my wing, leaving a big dent. I stopped her and asked what she was going to do about it. She replied with 'eff off your car's worthless!' so I left her a nice go-faster stripe with a screwdriver when I drove off

3) There's a suspiciously S3 disco shaped dent on the rear wing of one of my cabs after I left it in the car park next to a S3 disco for 5 mins; the car had gone and there was no 'sorry' note of course...

I don't park next to the beggars any more if I can help it, and if I do I make sure I take lots of pictures on my phone so I can get them through insurance if they damage my car again

Admittedly I live near London so we have a fine class of complete ers around here anyway, but the S3 disco owners are definitely the pick of the bunch! (I used to own a S1 Disco btw)
AO Platinum Member

Sounds like you live in a right warzone.

Maybe they're targetting you ?

Have you checked if your registration is on
www.discoveryownervendetta.com ?

AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

Subaru Legacy H6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata4Now View Post
Sounds like you live in a right warzone.

Maybe they're targetting you ?

Have you checked if your registration is on
www.discoveryownervendetta.com ?

Could be, I am a traitor after all OTOH it could just be because they're tough, very big cars with heavy doors which swing wide before the door stop clicks, and that makes for a bad mix with the lovely London drivers...
Alfa git

Demand a refund of council tax. It's the councils problem not yours.

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Same on my and dads street, every house has a garage. But mot a single person uses it for a car, hence the street is littered with cars on both sides making it a single lane cul de sac.

Garages are for cars, not ****e you bought that you never use but cant be arsed to take to the tip.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
Same on my and dads street, every house has a garage. But mot a single person uses it for a car, hence the street is littered with cars on both sides making it a single lane cul de sac.

Garages are for cars, not ****e you bought that you never use but cant be arsed to take to the tip.
The Problem with garages is this....If it's an old house, the garage was designed for an Austin 7 or old Ford pops, and even today, Builders haven't quite grasped the size of modern cars and still build small garages. Fine, you can drive in them, but you can't get out of your car once in.
symon and steveisfrowning like this.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headgasket14 View Post
The Problem with garages is this....If it's an old house, the garage was designed for an Austin 7 or old Ford pops, and even today, Builders haven't quite grasped the size of modern cars and still build small garages. Fine, you can drive in them, but you can't get out of your car once in.
My dad manages to get his car in his with room for a wood pile and space to get out the car
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
My garage is too small for my Giulietta. Plus is has an MG Midget inside at the moment which just about fits...
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Our 1930s garage is a good size. It's the access that means we can't get a car to it so it's full of cycling and gardening stuff!
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Quote:
That's no excusve
Global Mod Team

Have you spoken to them - perhaps they don't realise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyboy View Post
Friday is bins day in sunny Stoneclough where I live. It's always been Friday, it's not a new thing, a change, a freak occurence or an anomaly.

We have alternate collections, non-reycyling one week, recyling the next. This week it was recycling bins. Except they haven't been emptied.

We live at the end of a cul-de-sac. The people at the other end of the street are stupid. They have a Discovery that doesn't fit on their drive. They park it outside their house, then they park their other car, a Focus, across the road because the Discovery that doesn't fit on the drive is blocking it so the Focus can't be put on there.

This leaves a narrow gap so the bin lorry cannot reverse up the street. The bin men basically **** off and leave the bins unemptied as a result. What's really really annoying is that the people who have blocked the street get their ****ing bins emptied because the truck can get that far.

******s.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page