Pharmacists and I.O.U's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

1Likes
  • 1 Post By VO2Max

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 21-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Pharmacists and I.O.U's

With the recent talk of perscription charge reintroduction i feel that i need to rant.
Have been a Type1 Diabetic for over thirty years now and applaude the fact that i do not need to pay for my insulin and syringes. This was thanks to H.I.V. as before my parents used to buy in bulk disposable syringes and needles. We all know that the NHS is a shadow of its former self and this makes me sad as i see us, (UK) the same as the USA in approx twenty years and this really will be a shocking disgrace and an unforgiveable insult to future generations.

I see the biggest ****-takers of the NHS are those who make a living from it. I normally get a monthly perscription (Bulk) and every month its the same.
"We dont have that in stock, heres an IOU." ....and before anybody jumps in to defend them (Bazza?) And say 'Well they might not have any stock' . Today, i had a free half day and went to collect one of the IOU. I was treated with annoyance and disgust and the counter lady actually turned and said.
" You are one of the very few who actually comes back for your IOU!"

I looked at her and said " Is it any wonder the NHS is on its knees" and left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Never heard of pharmacist IOUs.

Why don't people go back for their drugs owed to them?
(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 21-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
It's regularly used by every pharmacist i have ever used. What erks me is that rather than telling you "Oh sorry we don't have any of that drug in stock" before they prepare your perscription , they tell you as they hand you your perscription at which point you can't say "Ok no worries i will go to the pharma across the road"

They see it (I beleive) as i see it. Havn't got the time to go back tomorrow or i forget about it or lose the IOU.
I then phone my GP surgery and order a repeat perscription and so the cycle begins again and the Pharmacist submits my perscription and claims the money for drugs or medical equipment that they never provided.

Its not a one off thing either, i have found this practice in virtually every pharmacy i have ever used. PS: It only appears to happen where free perscriptions are being exercised too in my experience.
If you pay for your perscription i don't think they would chance their arm? Its abit like ordering a round of drink and being told after you have paid , call back tomorrow for the beer and vodka as we dont have any left in stock!? .....

....... I reckon you like me would tell them to Jog On!
AO Platinum Member

County: herts
No complaints at all with the service from our local pharmacies I'm pleased to say. :

Of course I am on free prescriptions now, but wasn't when I had a regular income in full time employment?
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk
I also have free prescriptions and have never had a problem. What is the talk of "reintroduction of prescription charge"? Haven't heard about that. I know my wife pays as she is younger than me, but over 60 is free.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Here they'll give you, for example, 3 boxes of 10
pills instead of 1 box of 35 pills for a 3 week
course of treatment even though it's more expensive.

Citing that the medical insurance company will
otherwise count the number of pills and disallow
the claim/payment.

Riiiiiight.
VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
With the recent talk of perscription charge reintroduction i feel that i need to rant.
Have been a Type1 Diabetic for over thirty years now and applaude the fact that i do not need to pay for my insulin and syringes. This was thanks to H.I.V. as before my parents used to buy in bulk disposable syringes and needles. We all know that the NHS is a shadow of its former self and this makes me sad as i see us, (UK) the same as the USA in approx twenty years and this really will be a shocking disgrace and an unforgiveable insult to future generations.

I see the biggest ****-takers of the NHS are those who make a living from it. I normally get a monthly perscription (Bulk) and every month its the same.
"We dont have that in stock, heres an IOU." ....and before anybody jumps in to defend them (Bazza?) And say 'Well they might not have any stock' . Today, i had a free half day and went to collect one of the IOU. I was treated with annoyance and disgust and the counter lady actually turned and said.

Find another chemists with a better attitude, and use them. Explain to them that you'll be needing 'X' amount of stuff every month, and ask the senior pharmacist if he can make sure of having it in for you. Once you've organised all this, make sure you tell your old pharmacist he won't be seeing you any more.

Regarding 'prescription charge reintroduction', I guess you mean for everyone, even with life-threatening lifelong conditions such as diabetes? That's tough, and I can understand your annoyance. I'm sure I'm telling you something you already know though, when I say you can get a '1yr season ticket' which will cover all your prescriptions for a year? It's just over £100. It's £100 you didn't have to spend before, but not the end of the world. You can save 5 times that by shopping around for all your insurances every year .

VO2Max

Quote:
It's regularly used by every pharmacist i have ever used. What erks me is that rather than telling you "Oh sorry we don't have any of that drug in stock" before they prepare your perscription , they tell you as they hand you your perscription at which point you can't say "Ok no worries i will go to the pharma across the road"

They see it (I beleive) as i see it. Havn't got the time to go back tomorrow or i forget about it or lose the IOU.
I then phone my GP surgery and order a repeat perscription and so the cycle begins again and the Pharmacist submits my perscription and claims the money for drugs or medical equipment that they never provided.

Its not a one off thing either, i have found this practice in virtually every pharmacy i have ever used. PS: It only appears to happen where free perscriptions are being exercised too in my experience.
If you pay for your perscription i don't think they would chance their arm? Its abit like ordering a round of drink and being told after you have paid , call back tomorrow for the beer and vodka as we dont have any left in stock!? .....

....... I reckon you like me would tell them to Jog On!

I don't know whether this is available to you...I can access and order my repeat prescriptions online: "Welcome to Patient Access: Patient Access lets you use the online services of your local practice. These may include arranging appointments, repeat medication, secure messages, medical record and updating your details."

Speak to your doctors surgery about whether this is available to you?

A few days before I run out, I order more stuff from the doctors online. I can specify which local pharmacy the 'scrip goes to, and then I give them a day or two to make sure it's in. Then I go and pick up. Simples .
EauRouge likes this.

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Ours in all automated with a smartcard and you can fill prescriptions at multiple pharmacies.

AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:

I don't actually see your beef here...is it because you have to make 2 trips ?? Or that the counter lady was rude ? Or they didn't have the IOU ?

My chemist usually has only half my prescription but i just leave the IOU aside and pick it up when i need it.I would prefer to get it all in one go but in the grand scheme on things.....it's no big deal....
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

I use patient acces to make appointments

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page