un-FRIKKIN'-believable... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Killer not deported


I really don't understand how UK courts interpret
laws.

This wouldn't happen in other countries:

This woman in the 'States didn't knife anyone and she's getting kicked out.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

What a crock of s:swear:

Kick some of these old pr1cks off of the bench and get some none PC, Soft Lefty types up there I say !!
nomad is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midlands
Posts: 277
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Well we can thank DEAR tony and gorden for this blummin MESS......
Geoff436 is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...



Nothing to do with the EU then
chrisd_b is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,278
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Seance Enoch, and ask his views? Up the old school of thought?:
zulu ferret is offline  
Status: Chugging along at 99.9mpg!
AO Gold Member
 
coyotes_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 9,958
Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

I always thought we couldn't deport people if their home country was war torn/in danger of persecution and death etc...... Cant really say that about Italy!
coyotes_uk is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

The other work around is to deny the ****
parole.

The actual EU HR protocol is the
one denying him a right to a family
life.

Well he denied the Lawrences the right
to a family life, so **** him.
uk.gov is just gutless.


 
VO2Max
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

I guess the line is that once you have served your time, etc, etc. But in the case of murder, you have taken a life, why on earth shouldn't your life be a sea of sh*t as a result? Especially if the family of the victim are having their human rights denied by knowing the sh*t is still in their country when he came from somewhere else and wreaked havoc on them.
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
hogfisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 62

Member car:

GTV

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Yes I heard this on the radio tonight and it made my blood boil. It should be simple really. Commit a crime like murder and you should have any claim to human rights revoked. In fact, just throw them into a dark, dingy hole somewhere and let them rot there for the rest of their miserable lives.
hogfisch is offline  
GFK
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Berkshire
Posts: 844
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
I always thought we couldn't deport people if their home country was war torn/in danger of persecution and death etc...... Cant really say that about Italy!
It seems we cannot deport anyone, any where, regardless of any horrendous crime they may have committed. Not only that, but we now import known terrorists and give them sanctuary, even when we are under no obligation to, as in Guantanamo five.The victims? They don't matter, especially if they are white and Christian.
GFK is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Overall it's just a reflection on
the bad way that uk.gov drafts
national laws and interprets EU
regs and laws.
 
Status: -
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 754
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

And some people wonder why sections of society have lost faith in authority.
Colinjb is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

I'm not familiar with all the facts, but wasn't he bought up in the UK?

I can understand the knee jerk reaction to wanting to send him back to Italy, indeed, perhaps that's what should be done - but there must have been a reason why the courts came to the decision they did...
Gary Slegg is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slegg View Post
I'm not familiar with all the facts, but wasn't he bought up in the UK?

I can understand the knee jerk reaction to wanting to send him back to Italy, indeed, perhaps that's what should be done - but there must have been a reason why the courts came to the decision they did...
He's not a Brit he's an Italian.

The reason they came to their decision was to
protect his EU human right to a "family life".

Because they've kept him in the UK (in Prison)
for so long (>10 years) this has earned him the
"right" to stay due to his Italian father.

Edit: "Funnily" enough when they tried to deport
him before, the courts ruled it was too soon into
his sentence to do so. (6 years ago?)

I seem to remember his father was some kind
of enforcer in Italy who was convicted of an
acid attack on a woman and got sent down.
(In Italy)

It's also alleged that the "gang" he belonged
to was involved in other brutal murders and rapes.
 
Jed
Status: Never went to Jamie's Dream school!
AO Silver Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 4,759

Member car:

Rosso GT

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
Seance Enoch, and ask his views? Up the old school of thought?:
I'm hoping that was a joke ZF

And not the old blame Gordon/Tony/Leftie/pinko/bring back hanging-type argument again please

The home secretary can order the deportation of prisoners to another EU country only if they pose "a fundamental threat to the interests of society".
The question is, if we consider Lawrence to be reformed or not following his sentence. There is, of course, a separate argument to be had regarding whether life sentence should be life etc.

I believe the Home Office are appealing against the decision, with the proviso that foreign nationals living in the UK have rights but there are incumbent responsibilities that come along with them

Trying not to be too emotive about this, I'm still not entirely sure what purpose deporting him would have (he cannot speak Italian and both his parents are in UK prisons!!). Surely Mrs Lawrence, a keen advocate of human rights, cannot feel any less pain knowing this guy is in Norwich or Naples?

The meek shall inherit the earth
but not the mineral rights
J. Paul Getty
Jed is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
The question is, if we consider Lawrence to be reformed or not following his sentence. (
Just as a point of accuracy, I think 'Lawrence' was the chap he killed

I agree with what you say about whether or not he is reformed though. Surely if prison has done its job then he should be free to stay here - if it hasn't then perhaps he should be let out at all...
Gary Slegg is offline  
Jed
Status: Never went to Jamie's Dream school!
AO Silver Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 4,759

Member car:

Rosso GT

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slegg View Post
Just as a point of accuracy, I think 'Lawrence' was the chap he killed

I agree with what you say about whether or not he is reformed though. Surely if prison has done its job then he should be free to stay here - if it hasn't then perhaps he should be let out at all...
Oops
Jed is offline  
VO2Max
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
Surely Mrs Lawrence, a keen advocate of human rights, cannot feel any less pain knowing this guy is in Norwich or Naples?
I think she'll be the judge of that, and apparently she is very unhappy about it!
 
Jed
Status: Never went to Jamie's Dream school!
AO Silver Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 4,759

Member car:

Rosso GT

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
I think she'll be the judge of that, and apparently she is very unhappy about it!
Well, as we were all debating on her behalf, I thought I'd ask the question most posters seem to understand (and I can't). No - that came out wrong. I guess I mean we all seem to be answering on her behalf and in agreement with her views that have been reported.

I'm trying to ascertain whether this decision should be purely based on the wishes of one person (the victim in this case) or on a society level
Jed is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
badgers_nadgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 7,154

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

I don't really see that he should be deported. This is his home. Why he's only been in gaol for 12 years for murdering someone is the bit that infuriates me.
badgers_nadgers is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgers_nadgers View Post
I don't really see that he should be deported. This is his home. Why he's only been in gaol for 12 years for murdering someone is the bit that infuriates me.
That is nearly half his life though...

He might have changed...
Gary Slegg is offline  
VO2Max
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
I'm trying to ascertain whether this decision should be purely based on the wishes of one person (the victim in this case) or on a society level
No, of course not, but since you suggested that being a human rights activist she wouldn't mind where he lived now, I thought I would post up her (reported) feelings.
Society should decide of course, but it should be aware of how victims of crime feel so that appropriate legislation can be passed.
 
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

It is a depressing fact that in the UK the human rights of the perpetrator, seem to matter more than those of the victim and their family. A fact that I am sure depresses the police as much as myself.
 
Status: Guess who's back baby! :D
AO Member
 
155_Manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cardiff
Posts: 954

Member car:

155 2.0 16v =D

Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

He would probably be better of in Italy. When he gets released, how many people are actually gonna take him seriously for jobs/friendships etc. I would be surprised if he wasn't hospitalised within a month of being released. Many peoples attitudes towards immigrants are falling quicker than most realise.
155_Manson is offline  
Status: Busy busy busy!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Pud237's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 71
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cumbria
Posts: 44,880
Re: un-FRIKKIN'-believable...

Its just a joke really. Sure, he was only 15 when he committed his crime, but that shouldn't give you any defence, you know whats right and wrong at that age. If it was up to me, he'd have hung as soon as he turned 21.
Pud237 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome