Car parking - again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Madness Car parking - again

On Saturday drove into town about 1pm to do some shopping. The car park was rather full, and so people were having to drive around and wait for spaces.

We drove into one part of the car park - a BMW was infront. We waited behind it a while, before it moved off further down the line of parked cars. Just as it moved off a lady got into her Clio and begun to reverse out of the space. BMW suddenly reversed down from where it had been waiting, but couldn't get in. As I moved into the space the BMW sounded its horn. However, another space then appeared, and it then parked in that space!!

What was this guys problem - okay, so its annoying if you're waiting for someone to come out of a space and someone nicks it, but in this case he'd moved off. Indeed, we may well have been in the car pak longer then him.

Personally I think its typical of BMW drivers, not only do they think they own the road, they think they own the car parks too

In every step, I hear your sobbing
Dare I break the shade with one caress
Dare I trespass to lift the veil
To touch the lips so soft and frail

It may be that love comes once and once only, preceded by rehersal, followed by regret.

Know well that however right a man may be they always find the fallen one guilty.

All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Re: Car parking - again

I had exactly the same thing happen to me once with a woamn in a BMW. She had driven right to the end of the row, and I was at the start of it, I stayed where I was as I saw someone at my end getting into their car. She then reversed the whole length of the row, and planted herself across the person, so they couldn't get out of their space until I reversed further so she could let them out without risking someone else 'stealing' her space.
I then parked in one of the two spcaes which had opened up right by us while she was doing this, and when we got out she actually had the temerity to have a go at me!
"that would have gone a lot easier if you had reversed straight away" I pointed out that it wasn't her space, she had driven straight past it and the reason I reversed was to help out the poor person she had blocked in - not her.
She argued that it didn't matter that she'd gone past it, so I apologised. "I'm sorry, I should have realised you own a BMW, so the whole car park is yours"

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 20-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Exactly. His wife/girlfriend started speaking loudly to him about "Some people" so my wife told her that if she had something to say say it. The bimbo girls then when on about how it was 'their' space - at which point my wife told her that we didn't respond very well to someone sounding their horn - which shut her up. He was looking quite embarrassed and told her to leave it.

I just hate BMW drivers, there're all a bunch of to55ers
AO Silver Member

its such a shame, BMW's especially the Mcars are really good cars, its just a shame that without exception they are all driven by to55ers
AO Platinum Member

I tell you what.. I was just climbing into bed the other evening when some fella I never saw before popped out from under the sheets and told me to sling my hook as he was "busy" with my missus!

I was rather taken aback until I looked out the window and saw his Beemer on the drive.

I should have realised.. the Beemer boys own not just the road and the car-parks but your bed and missus too!

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page