Dip your $^&ing Headlights you ignorant $%^&ers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 16-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Dip your $^&ing Headlights you ignorant $%^&ers

ive noticed in the the last few months an increasing number of people driving around at night with their main beam on who will not dip it when im coming the opposite way. what is wrong with these people are they thick or just ignorant? this is mostly happening on dual carriageways and motorways, do they think it doesnt count on these roads and how blind do you have to be to need to use them on a motorway anyway, are they looking for the hairpin bend they are sure is somewhere on the M5????? if you need to use main beam on a motorway(they are wide and straight and have lots of catseyes) then you need your eyes tested and shouldnt be behing the wheel of a car, but if you do feel the need to be able to see 2 miles down the road have the bloody common decency to dip your lights if there is traffic on the other side or infront of you, yes we have mirrors you idiots and get just as dazzled from behind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Re: Dip your $^&ing Headlights you ignorant $%^&ers

I agree, its one of my pet hates
kevjtd

you sure it's not just johnny foreigner with his euro headlights pointing the wrong way hell of a lot of them around now, bet everything i have that their headlights are still dipping to the right into your face

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Theres a Polish registered Nissan Navara that used tp live near me in Boro, his lights always used to dazzle when he came into the street as I was leaving. But there is a few foreign registered cars I've passed, and thats the only one thats dazzled me
(Post Link) post #5 of 16 Old 16-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

definitely not foreign cars, just ignorant to55ers
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

just put your mainbeams back on. Soon stops them. If they still don't dip, put your foglights on too.
AO Platinum Member

If they still don't dip, turn on your pair of 8" Cibie Oscar (it's what God uses when the sun is in for a service).

Ralf S.
(Post Link) post #8 of 16 Old 17-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

i just turn on the 4 spotlights on the top of the cab of my truck, people think the sun is coming up

I've also noticed a lot of people who seem to have their full beam on in daylight hours as well.....
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
what is wrong with these people are they thick or just ignorant?
Both...
AO Platinum Member

I also think a lot of Beemers and Mercy-dos with the HID lamps just don't have them adjusted properly out of the factory..

Ralf S.

4x4's are the worst. If they are following you their lights are at just the right level to your rear view mirror. Even if the mirror itself is dipped its still horribly distracting!! One of them flicking on their main beam while following you, at night along a single carriage way when you're not expecting it is possibly the worst thing that another driver has done to me whilst driving, It nearly blinded me causing me to not notice a rather sharp corner, how I got round it i've no idea!!
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
I also think a lot of Beemers and Mercy-dos with the HID lamps just don't have them adjusted properly out of the factory..

Ralf S.
That applies to new peugeots aswell, its something that should be picked up on PDI but never does coz our garage network are becoming just as lazy as the to55as who won't dip their lights.

on my old astra i adapted my drivers rear view mirror to pivot more so when theres a a55hole behind with his main on, i could return the favour and send it straight back!!!!! worked every time!
how comes i can gass the back roads and twisties at night WITHOUT the need for high beam or fogs?
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

I find it happens alot on dual carriageways and Motorways !!

I guess they think that as they're not heading directly at a car coming in the opposite direction it's OK to blind all the poor barstewards that are overtaking them !!

And as for Fog lights.... don't get me started on that subject

(Post Link) post #15 of 16 Old 31-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

the other thing that happens is ****s who put their main beam on whilst they are overtaking me, great!!! straight into my mirrors, ignorant ******s.
AlfaLincs

I confess to being imperfect. Occasionally (i.e. not very often) I forget I'm on full beam. If someone gives a polite reminder 'flash' I immediately dip, as thats what I intended to do in the first place.

I don't mind an overtaking car going to full beam. They are accelerating into a risk area and need to see where they are going. I usually keep mine on full if poss until they are level with me to give them a bit more light, then dip before they are dazzled.

I don't like driving towards xenon lights coming the other way, and try not to look into them.

If you go back a few years the French gave you a very nasty reception if you did not have yellow bulbs...All gone now though.

As for 4x4s..well i've got one, and have not had any road rage/ headlight flashing in my direction from other road users, so I can only assume they have no major problem with the lights

I confess to getting into 'grumpy old man' mode when people use fog lights in good visi. I don't mind if its an old lady..she just has no idea where the switch is..its the chav/pratt brigade that wind me up more than I should let them.

Good opportunity for a rant though

AlfaLincs

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page