Another Senseless Death - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 28 Old 14-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Madness Another Senseless Death

First the chap on the bike; then the Farther confronting youths smashing up his car; now a death over litter:

Litter Death

What is the world coming to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Re: Another Senseless Death

I know mate. It ****es me off so much.. A woman and toddler were stabbed about a mile from where I live in Barking last night. The woman is critical but the 2 year old daughter died.

Not very nice at all. I'm glad my block of flats has security fencing and gates..

(Post Link) post #3 of 28 Old 14-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
I know mate. It ****es me off so much.. A woman and toddler were stabbed about a mile from where I live in Barking last night. The woman is critical but the 2 year old daughter died.

Not very nice at all. I'm glad my block of flats has security fencing and gates..

Yes...but with that one they think the mother did it
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

I watch some of those old episodes of 'Cops' sometimes, and can see an almost mirror image of that which they had to come to terms with over there, about 10 years ago, being reflected over here.: What a road we appear to be heading down! Madness, which has got to be halted, before it becomes uncontrollable?
AO Gold Member

County: Cheshire
Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Its awful it really is, at least the Police have arrested some people over the youths smashing that guys car up!

Its madness!
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 33 p4

bring back hanging
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg View Post
Yes indeed they do and the Police aren't looking for anyone else in connection with the incident !!

Turns out she'd been reported to Police and Social Services by local shopkeepers etc. regarding her Mental Health but she 'passed' a Social Services 'Test' and therefore her daughter was left in her care !! Fecking useless [email protected] !!
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg View Post
Didn't know that! :S
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Personally I think we need to see beat police back on the streets, even with a few police walking the beat it could be enough to break up groups (and even stop speeders through high streets etc and drunken ********s at 12.30 on a friday night).

It's folly to think they can rely on cameras.

Poor sod that got killed on friday night, those *******s have left his family fatherless at probably the most important time of their young lives (not saying there is a good time!) and they'll probably get off or a reduced sentence due to circumstances and be out in a few years. Hang em high...............bring Clint Eastwood back.

147 GTA
The ONLY way to fly

Gone but not forgotten .
Voo
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

GT

For sure there needs to be a greater police presence on the streets.

There should also be zero tollerence to deal with the scum.
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 33 p4

i think alot of it has to do with this pc crap, for instance if they catch the people who killed either that dad or the young lad, what are they gonna get - 10 years, out in 5 , thats nothing for taking away someones life and ruining it for the family and friends.these days its fcuk the victims and rrrrrrr they must have had it hard for the murderers. hang em high anyone caught with a knife - 10 years on the spot, anyone with a gun - life, thats how it should be.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

mitigating circumstances, thats the watchword, get that in and the sentence is halved.

blood boiling already, last night whilst queuing on the M11 (for 2hrs) I was choked to hear what that guys daughter wrote whilst he was dying in hospital, I'd just like to hear mum and dad of these scrots start saying 'he's a good lad really but easily led'....... say that whilst they are being put in their box..................
AO Platinum Member

Don't know if anyone else watches those episodes of 'Cops'? Probably just me, but the pro-active policing, at the lower level, seems to be pretty effective with good results. It's probably down to the number of patrol officers, (money) they deploy, nipping things in the bud, on the streets? There again, they seem to have various special squads who go out battling with the real gangsters, criminals, so I suppose it's down to the numbers, cash available, bit like the way their forces are well funded, by comparision to ours?
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Can't remember the guy's name but he was chief constable of Cleveland police a while back - they used to call him Robocop as he had an absolute zero-tolerance policy toward crime of any level. If I remember correctly the crime rate tumbled under his reign but he was eventually ousted, no doubt by a bunch of mealy-mouthed middle class social workers who though he was being cruel to the horrible, ferrel little scrotes terrorising Middlesbrough (Ros & Mr O? )

The town where I have my office (Ramsbottom, near Bury) used to be a split personality town - very nice by day but a no-go zone at night due to gangs of p*ssed up teenagers roaming around bored, looking for a cheap thrill. Loads of shops & offices were regularly vandalised, not a day went by without another bus shelter smashed to pieces or litter bin set on fire. Things took a turn for the worse though when a few incidents occurred of grown men getting beaten senseless on their way home from the pub by kids just for a laugh. Then a load of scum from a rotten council estate a couple of miles away got ASBO's and couldn't hang around their place so took it upon themselves to knock about Ramsbottom at night making the violence & vandalism even worse. The town actually has a police station but it's one of those little ones that's only open in the day (no doubt to rid the town of the serious criminals who wear trilbys and frequent tea-rooms and steam trains). Finally however, pressure came to bear upon the police and local council and they started introducing officers on a night-time beat and - HEY PRESTO - crime has virtually disappeared overnight.

Just the presence of a couple of uniformed officers has changed the whole look & feel of the town at night. I know it's not the answer to everything but surely more police on the beat (particularly in areas prone to trouble) is the easiest and most effective solution to the problem.

Once the symptoms of the problem have been addressed then measures could be taken to address the cause of most anti-social behaviour. Yes, SCUMBAG PARENTS.

- Keepin' it moist -
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
Can't remember the guy's name but he was chief constable of Cleveland police a while back - they used to call him Robocop as he had an absolute zero-tolerance policy toward crime of any level. If I remember correctly the crime rate tumbled under his reign but he was eventually ousted, no doubt by a bunch of mealy-mouthed middle class social workers who though he was being cruel to the horrible, ferrel little scrotes terrorising Middlesbrough (Ros & Mr O? )
Ray Mallon was his name Al !! He was tarnished as being a 'dirty cop' IIRC but the feeling with the people I knew - I lived there around that time - was that he'd uncovered some dirt on a few of the local councillors and they kicked him out before he got them ousted !!
AO Platinum Member

Very good write up that Al.:
AO Platinum Member

Trouble is, there's 400 people a month being added to the jail population.. there's nowhere to house the feckers.

Obviously each Con' needs a proper suite, with it's own plasma telly and swimming pool.. can't do with cramming the scum in, 4 to a cell (or 20 to a cell, like in Brasil)..

So the judges are under pressure from the government to "find alternatives" to imprisonment, which means giving the murderers a shorter stretch and spanking the vandals and thieves with "community sentences". You have no chance of deterring anyone, frankly.

Ralf S.
AO Platinum Member

And yours is relevant I reckon Mr.Nomes.:
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

agreed Al.

Its a step in the right direction. Also when you see a uniformed officer out you do 'feel' a little safer, now whether you are is debatable, but its the way to go IMO.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

I think the councillors had some help from within the force too Zed.... some of the vice cops in the Boro were actually pimping girls themselves !! (I know that for a fact BTW )
Apparently Mallon was gonna 'out' them too !!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

bring back the sweeney thats what I say, a good beating sort of puts them in their place!

"shut it slag"..........................

Although without the Ford Cortina!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

AO Platinum Member

Ooops! I'm off to the Techie stuff, sharp like.:
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

chasing the villians!

and we ain't had our dinner

getting a kickin

not meaning to make fun of the problems, but somethings go too far, a 'slag' can beat you senseless and sort of get a slapped wrist, but stand up for yourself, you get done, the worlds gone mad.
AO Silver Member

It's definitely **** alright. Although let's not panic and slip into "In my day this were all fields and you could leave your doors unlocked" because that hasn't been true in my lifetime anyway.

Biker: appears to have been a planned attack by people that new him

Graffiti killing: awful, I know nothing about the area

Litter death: awful, but I wouldn't have picked a fight with two black teenagers in Crystal Palace. Sorry but its a sh*t hole and best avoided wherever possible. I wonder what the situation was. Was he slagging the teenagers off or just playing dire tunes? Still, didn't deserve to die.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page