Neighbours!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 42 Old 28-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
Madness Neighbours!!

I finally called the cops about our next door neighbours tonight I am only just calming down from early evening.

They have space for 6-7 vehicles on their drive yet the annoying twonks always park loads of vehicles, especially breakdown trucks with wreckers on them outside our house or other neighbours. They own a scrap-yard and we all call them "The Clampitts" - including the lady vicar who lives opposite funnily enough!

Tonight, presumably because MrsJim had the audacity to park ger car outside our front window instead of on our drive, and perhaps because the vicar complained about their kid's teenage friends urinating on their drive/garage door (we've seen this dozens of times including young women! ) he decided to take the breakdown truck with a scrap Sierra on it off their drive and actaully park it half on the pavement and half on my lawn. So far onto it, in fact that the cab's screen was covered by a large conifer in the middle of my side garden.

Infuriated, I went next door and very politely asked him to get his truck off my lawn. His immediate response was (with a large steak knife in hand - he appeared to be eating) to ask WTF I wanted, to scream he was F'ing sick of "you" f'ng lot and he'd f'ing park his f'ing trucks wgerever he f'in well wanted.

Trying to stay cool and thinking sadly about people being stabbed to death for similar minor complaints (pathetic I know) I stepped back and said -politely again - "you have plenty of space on your drive, there is lots of road out there, kindly get your truck off my lawn". He went off on another purple-faced, spittling tirade and slammed the door so hard that his door bell fell off! H shouted to get the F*** off his drive and not to come on his land again as he slammed it in my face!

I'd had enough and finally called the police. An hour later he moved it before the cop arrived to have a word. Meanwhile the vicar and her 18 yr-old son came over to give us moral support and to say he'd heard all the exchange from his bedroom.

The police advised there could sometimes be a negative reaction but I said, I didn't care, go round and speak to him.

I am so sick of these [email protected]@rds yet I don't want to be driven out by them.

Thanks for listening. I had to get it off my chest. I am actually calming down and I genuinely believe I am very placid person 99.9% of the time.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Jan 2019 New Giulia Veloce Misano Blue
2008-15 New 159Ti experience: overwhelmingly positive. Reliable and fun over nearly 100k.
2015-18 147 1.6TS runaround
6/9/12 - 15 New Mito 135MA Distinctive - 100% reliable 37k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Neighbours!!

Jim

I d like to send you a huge hug, All my sympathies mate. Double bluff them, invite them around to your house as an olive branch and serve them up dog **** pie and **** wine, then plant drugs in their yard and call the police, or sometihng similar. Phone the tax man and have them investigated or simply put their house on e bay!

If I can do anything to help let me know.........xx
(Post Link) post #3 of 42 Old 29-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Thanks for those kind words Foxy.

Drugs! I have never even smoked fags! No idea how, what or why! Too old perhaps.

We've put up with their ***** for years and I'm just reaching the end of my tether. I've threatened them with the cops a couple of times but always thought better of it. MrsJim's snapped ages ago .

Their lad and his cruddy mates are smoking whacky-baccy almost every night and their detached garge-studio constantly thuds out a bass that rattles our windows and drowns the TV.

It's doing our heads in.

The lady vicar came over and begged us not to sell up. I want out but don't want to give in to the [email protected]

you dont need the stress, you deserve better, what is this country coming to? I m only 32 and have seen a change for the worse in the last 10 years, it drives me mad, I m a defender of the crown and some days I wonder why I bother! Even the taliban display better manners than some of our own citizens.....tut. tut....
AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Sorry to hear about this jim.

Im constantly astounded by the lack of respect shown by some people, and i just cant understand what goes through these peoples heads (if anything at all) when they go off on one.

Hoping things settle down for you
(Post Link) post #6 of 42 Old 29-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Thanks for the support and kind words guys. It's Sunday morning, the sun is shining, my wine-induced headache is receding after a full English and two mugs of tea.

Maybe I'll mow the lawn without feeling intimidated in my own home, who knows?

Foxy - I guess you are in one of the forces? Besides, I thought you were 36 not 32? Sorry - bit cheeky for the morning.
AO Member

So sorry to hear about that. Nightmare neighbours are not fun. We bought out house 3.5 years ago and 3 years ago the neighbours sold up and it was bought and tunrned into a B&B come hostel. Basically there's now a transient populat5ion in there consisting of people that the council can't be bothered with - so basically charvas. You know the kind of people I mean I'm sure - don't work, no intention of working, thinking that fashion means cut price shell suits etc. I have many many stories to tell but it would just make me angry!

Keep going to the police about everything. It'll all be on record, and if anything (god forbids) kicks off then when the police turn up they will see that you've been the calm non-agressive person telling the police and not resorting to anyhting else and it'll help you no ends.

Fingers crossed....
(Post Link) post #8 of 42 Old 29-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Cheers Pritsey. I know others have to put up with similar issues. I'm sorry about your situation too.

Nobody should have to put up with it or have to call the police though. All most people want is a modicum of considerate behaviour and to be left in peace.
Nev

Hope you mentioned the knife to the cop.

(Post Link) post #10 of 42 Old 29-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

I did, Nev, but I said he was probably eating. He may well have intended to intimidate me with it. Although that whole scenario flashed through my mind as he was going purple-faced screaming at me, I don't really think he'd have been that stupid.

Then again, it is exactly that kind of "quiet" neighbourhood-guy-asks-trouble-makers-to-move that ends up in the 'papers with the poor bloke murdered. Maybe a bit melodramatic but, as I say, it flashed through my mind that this was a bad idea.

I still can't believe his attitude. "I'll park my trucks whereever I want, now you get off my land!"
Nev

It's a difficult situation. And a literal nightmare.

TBH that side of life did push me towards looking
elsewhere. (I lived in Chorlton before moving out here.
It was nice, but there was always that undercurrent of
trouble. Blood on the pavements at weekend etc.)

I'm sure there are parts of France with the same type
of issues, but the only "trouble" I've had with neighbours
here are the holiday home ones who party until the small
hours. And that's only for 2 month in the year anyway.

Hope you and the other neighbour can sort something.

(Hint: VAT fraud always seems to trip up these "fly-by-night" bonzos. )

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Sorry to hear about all this Jim, certyainly not a very nice situation.

As it seems this is a problem family have you investigated to see if the Council will serve an Asbo on them?

Have you made a record of all the 'events' with them; I wonder if it might be possible to get some sort of anti-harrassment injunction served on them?

Anyway, let us know what happens.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Sorry to read about the **** you have to put up with Jim. Keep your cool and don't feel intimidated in your own home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg View Post
Have you made a record of all the 'events' with them;
Was going to suggest the same, with time and date info, aswell as informing the police when necessary as you have been.

I hope things get better soon...
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Keep a log of times, dates and details of what the neigbours have done, put cctv cameras up or use a camcorder if you have to to record stuff. then when you have enough go to the police and get them to sort it out.

Sounds like a nightmare Jim.

If it's any consolation, we had a similar family over the road from us. They used to bring their stolen cars home and park them on their 'drive' (they smashed in pieces of their fence in order to get a car onto the front garden). I was forever worrying about what they might do to our house whilst we're at work. I started off by threatening them when I found them in our garden one day, but when they smashed our neighbours windows for 'grassing', I decided a better tactic was to befriend them and warn them of the dangers of 's**tting on their own doorstep'.

Meanwhile, I was in touch with the council. It took over a year to get them moved, but it wasn't by any of our actions. They just decided that they'd wrecked that house, and it was time to move on. Authorities do nothing to help.

Has anyone seen Outlaw? Not condoning the theme of the film, but it shows that us decent folk are really getting fed up with yob culture. I guiltily admit that I voted Labour. Blairs Britain!
rhett71

I prefer "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, the whole country is going to the dogs because of a selfish minority. If anyone finds a bag of guns and needs a hand give me the nod! I have a whole street of people that need wasting!

AO Member

Quote:
I prefer "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, the whole country is going to the dogs because of a selfish minority. If anyone finds a bag of guns and needs a hand give me the nod! I have a whole street of people that need wasting!
great film
great idea technically... but problematic in the eyes of the law and prisons are already full (oh and they don't work either for over 50% of the prison population because they are overcrowded and rehabilitation plays second fiddle to basic security)

sadly its going to take more than asbo's to deal with what is basically poor parenting mixed with a total disregard for decent people who live by a set of rules

but then nobody on here needs me to tell them that. deepest sympathy to 73gtvjim
wrinx

Sorry Jim, I hate this kind of selfish and arrogant behaviour. A little bit of thought for our fellow people goes a long way....I would dream of blocking someone's drive or parking on their property without permission.

Can't add much more to what's already been suggested except to reinforce that you log everything! There may be repercussions after tonight but you have to be strong and don't be intimidated....they are bullies!

wrinx

rhett71

they wouldn't be suitable for prison if I got my way! dig a big hole!!!

(Post Link) post #20 of 42 Old 29-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Cheers guys. I just had to get it off my chest last night.

CCTV - the irony is their house is literally festooned with cameras, bars on widows and they had a panic room installed at the turn of the year following a gang-land style robbery that some neighbours now say was the result of him being involved with dodgy sorts from a rival gang that he'd paid to "rough up" some burglars that broke in a few months earlier.

The lady vicar is keeping a log and I guess we should too. I've tried to keep a low profile and hope they'd go away but this latest huge extension they're building suggests we have them for life.

It's not like the movies in real life though, even if we sometimes feel seduced by the violent response.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

It can sometimes be strange how nails pierce tyres.

Careless people drop them at an angle of about 45 degrees just behind a wheel so that when the car moves the nail just punches straight through.

I do so hope that your neighbours do not experience such problems.

Paul.
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

I have ways and means, whilst not infallible, often work. Strategic tactics to call their bluff once and for all. Do or Die! Death or Glory! Fear Naught! F.O. Pillocks!
happy man

Jim only just caught up with this I feel for you mate, incidents like this really make me

Just to go along with Wrinx and Oranges advice keep a log and tell the police of your concerns including the drug and gang thing hopefully they will have a community liason officer they can send round to advise.

What ever you do DON'T take matters in to your own hands the revenge thing and the *** for tat behaviour will only exacerbate the situation

I know Mrs H and I where in the same situation you are in now a few years ago and by co operating with the police it was all sorted the family in question just leave us alone now and all is peacefull now

Keep mate and stay safe

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
It can sometimes be strange how nails pierce tyres.

Careless people drop them at an angle of about 45 degrees just behind a wheel so that when the car moves the nail just punches straight through.

I do so hope that your neighbours do not experience such problems.

Paul.
Hmmm..the problem with that is the tyre is unlikely to burst straight away; but could then bust when the tyre is put under heavy loading, causing the driver to loose control and some innocent person or persons could end up getting killed.

I'm sure the person who 'dropped the nail really wouldn't want that on their conscience
AO Member

Member car:

alfa romeo

sorry to here of your troubles, I hope you sort it out. I would do as wrinx and a few others have said.

Good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page