High Post Bullies - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: So good I did it thrice
Newbie
 
PC7671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: A4074
Posts: 2,083
Garage
Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady006 View Post
This is only to be answered by people below 1000 posts,
Do you think that people with high posts are bullies?
Do you think they stick together?
Do you think they think their superior?
If you do answer i think you've proved the point.
1.That's Me.
2.WTF
3.They spend more time on here than with there loved ones.
4.No,they just know they are.
5.No I think you've just proved a point.
PC7671 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
richyfox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Suffolk
Posts: 200
Re: High Post Bullies

I have never felt bullied on this forum and have only ever felt welcome. In part this is due to the fact that my posts are,I think uncontroversial and therefore do not invite strong opinions. This is a result of my shy, timid nature and not because of perceived intimidation by high posters

And if anyone says any different I'll kill them
richyfox1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: High Post Bullies



Don't you take your pre-flight nerves out on us dude



nomad is offline  
(Post Link) post #54 of 385 Old 24-07-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
ady006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Ceredigion
Posts: 1,024

Member car:

156 2.0,155 8v

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by richyfox1 View Post
I have never felt bullied on this forum and have only ever felt welcome. In part this is due to the fact that my posts are,I think uncontroversial and therefore do not invite strong opinions. This is a result of my shy, timid nature and not because of perceived intimidation by high posters

And if anyone says any different I'll kill them
I think your right about being controverial ,thats me i think i need to learn to keep my head down, then maybe people won't try & shoot me down, but hey wouldn't life be boring I have taken onboard alot of what people have said, i don't think everybody are all of them things all the time, but some people can be some of those things, some of the time , if that makes sense, someone will probably take offence but there it is.

Last edited by ady006; 24-07-07 at 09:45.
ady006 is offline  
Status: Chugging along at 99.9mpg!
AO Gold Member
 
coyotes_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 9,958
Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Re: High Post Bullies

Having read this thread I wanted to say it does not bother me if some people have huge post numbers. As a newbie im not yet into double figures, its crazy people are getting worked up over it! Its just a number!?!?!
coyotes_uk is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
As a newbie im not yet into double figures
You fibber



nomad is offline  
(Post Link) post #57 of 385 Old 24-07-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
ady006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Ceredigion
Posts: 1,024

Member car:

156 2.0,155 8v

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
Having read this thread I wanted to say it does not bother me if some people have huge post numbers. As a newbie im not yet into double figures, its crazy people are getting worked up over it! Its just a number!?!?!
I don't think you can look at a post count and not make some assumption.
ady006 is offline  
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEvo2 View Post
Wasn't EvoForum was it, Eddie?
May well have been Got to be careful as you have an Evo 2 , but at the time all I could afford was a non evo 16v. And prefered to get a top notch 16v rather than a dog of an evo. There were a few people on there that had the attitude of 'oh you don't have an evo' and God help you if you asked a question without meticulously going through the rubbish search function. I may have ignored it, but you just don't seem to get that on this forum.

Still miss the 'grale though that and the GTA are the best cars I have owned.
 
Status: pointy
AO Gold Member
 
Lookin' 4 Ferdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 11,735
Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady006 View Post
I don't think you can look at a post count and not make some assumption.
Such as " Look at all those posts - why don't they get a job/life "



Lookin' 4 Ferdi is offline  
Status: Chugging along at 99.9mpg!
AO Gold Member
 
coyotes_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 9,958
Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
You fibber



Lol honest I wasnt when i posted that message!

Ady006 Seriously?
coyotes_uk is offline  
(Post Link) post #61 of 385 Old 24-07-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
ady006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Ceredigion
Posts: 1,024

Member car:

156 2.0,155 8v

Re: High Post Bullies

Yeah! their allways hanging around here causing trouble.
ady006 is offline  
(Post Link) post #62 of 385 Old 24-07-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
ady006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Ceredigion
Posts: 1,024

Member car:

156 2.0,155 8v

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
Lol honest I wasnt when i posted that message!

Ady006 Seriously?
Ooookkkkk!!!! i beleive you ( honest guvna)

I'm off to work now boy's see ya later
""" A ! i heard that ( thank [email protected]@k for that)
ady006 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
Lol honest I wasnt when i posted that message!
Of course you were dear

*Said in a non bullying type tone/voice*



nomad is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady006 View Post
I don't think you can look at a post count and not make some assumption.
Stop bl00dy whinging and get back in the 'Name Game' and 'Story' threads.... NOW !!



Consider yourself offically bullied !!
nomad is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 37
Re: High Post Bullies

i hardly post, yet i never feel intimidated by the high posters.

from experience on other forums i would guess that someone who has posted over 600 posts in 5 months will post 99% bull****.... they tend to post in the "random" or "joke" rooms a lot. and ask peoples opinions on lots of things they know they will never actually buy.

hope the thread starter isnt one of these....
lincoln_dj is offline  
mudhut
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
May well have been Got to be careful as you have an Evo 2 , but at the time all I could afford was a non evo 16v. And prefered to get a top notch 16v rather than a dog of an evo. There were a few people on there that had the attitude of 'oh you don't have an evo' and God help you if you asked a question without meticulously going through the rubbish search function. I may have ignored it, but you just don't seem to get that on this forum.

Still miss the 'grale though that and the GTA are the best cars I have owned.
Sorry folks - mini-hijack:
Crikey. I have been considering a Delta but can't be doing with an attitude like that. LMC is no better though - let my membership lapse last year over the recent row.
 
Status: Another new 166
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 96
Re: High Post Bullies

Do you know, it never occurred to me that anyone could consider themselves bullied on a forum, it's just words on a page as someone mentioned earlier. As for high post counts; who counts? Either HPs are very helpful, like a good laugh or no-one will talk to them IRL. If you feel threatened by HPC owners you should maybe consider a little shrink wrapping to help you feel better about yourself. How sad do you have to be to worry about how many times someone has made a post? Well, here's my opinion for what it's worth.

Short posts are a way to acknowledge other people's views when one is being extremely productive in other ways and I personally appreciate anyone who takes the time to just send a smile or a word, whatever that "**+~£$???" word is, just so I know someone is out there.

Who wants to have to read through all the adorable, bewitching, captivating, delectable, enchanting, frank, gushing, heavenly, ingeniously joking, knowing, loving, meaningful niceties, to reach the point?? Optimistic people query not random sentiments, truly understanding veritable good wishes; xenophobes yapping zealously together never think of; are ever present.

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful day, feels forever loved and appreciated by all, and may misfortune look the other way when they pass by xxx.

Bu7cN
New166 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: High Post Bullies

nomad is offline  
Dibby
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: High Post Bullies

Personally, I like people with high post counts, I don't find them intimidating at all. They are the most experienced, helpful and friendly people on message boards, this applies to here and all the other boards I'm on. A high post count is usually due to a lot of chit-chat but the most acive people on a board are the most active for a reason: A genuine passion for the topic of the board and sharing that passion with others on the internet.

So a big thanks to all those high posters, you guys are (more often than not) the first ones in with a helpful solution to my seemingly endless Alfa troubles. Big thanks to the guys with small post counts too for the help, in fact, big thanks to everyone!

I don't have time to spend on the net as much as I'd like (bloody work!) so I'm one of those that jumps in and out of discussions without keeping up with where the thread has developed but try to stay relevant and as helpful as I can.
 
Status: Chugging along at 99.9mpg!
AO Gold Member
 
coyotes_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 9,958
Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
Personally, I like people with high post counts, I don't find them intimidating at all. They are the most experienced, helpful and friendly people on message boards, this applies to here and all the other boards I'm on. A high post count is usually due to a lot of chit-chat but the most acive people on a board are the most active for a reason: A genuine passion for the topic of the board and sharing that passion with others on the internet.

So a big thanks to all those high posters, you guys are (more often than not) the first ones in with a helpful solution to my seemingly endless Alfa troubles. Big thanks to the guys with small post counts too for the help, in fact, big thanks to everyone!

I don't have time to spend on the net as much as I'd like (bloody work!) so I'm one of those that jumps in and out of discussions without keeping up with where the thread has developed but try to stay relevant and as helpful as I can.
Quite right, most people on here are brill, thanks to everyone who said welcome etc... on my introduction threads! I will be looking forward to the time I can afford to buy an Alfa and the genuine advice the people of this forum will give!
coyotes_uk is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,278
Re: High Post Bullies

Agreed Dibby: Would just like to know who they are being paid by?

Have to watch ones step though, because if you upset them, they will do all sorts of nasty things, terrorist fashion.:i.e. Get 'Im'
zulu ferret is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,278
Re: High Post Bullies

Coyotes uk, loads of good information in back posts, but as always has been the case, MV problems are constantly evolving, so we often require on line assistance, directly, Not so? I'm so paranoid to be thinking once they have sucked your knowledge base, they may decide to put you on the scrap heap! : Loads more knowledge accumulated over many years, up there, may take some of it to the grave though, who's loss.?
zulu ferret is offline  
Status: 159 Hunted......
AO Platinum Member
 
dpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 32,440
Re: High Post Bullies

Flippin' heck

At the start of the year my post count was about 1500, now I am a lot further on and I am the same person I just know a few more people on here and my post count has increased. I try and participate where I can, always welcome new people and would never ever bully anyone.

I hate bullying in any form and will not stand for it.

and K is right we are much more interested in boosting our post count then spend time bullying people

One more for me..............
dpat is offline  
Status: Daddy bear
Global Mod Team
 
bazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Congleton - The centre of
Posts: 44,732

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Re: High Post Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady006 View Post
I never seeked you out to argue, if i saw you i would have what i saw as banter ,if you took offence to this i am truly sorry.I said some things about speed limits on roundabouts that were at times wrong & other times misinterpreted, but i'm sure you make mistakes & dont like to admit them.I am very sorry but i have a way with words that sometimes makes me appear rude or unfreindly, sometimes i am rude ,along with most people on here at sometime or other P.S this is not aimed at bazza for your info. They are questions not opinions.
Then I've misjudged. But your writing style does come across as a bit combative.
For instance, I said I find your football team dull to watch. You described my football team as a 'bunch of f***ing pansies", or something like that. It's a couple of orders of magnitude different.
But as you say, it's easy to misinterpret what people type - were this not my first two days back at work after a week off, and therefore I'm in a foul mood, I'd probably have taken it as banter.

Oh, and I never make mistaeks

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams


"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
bazza is offline  
Status: Broken again...
AO Platinum Member
 
GhostyDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Side O The Pennines
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 25,672
Re: High Post Bullies

Wooooo Hot thread.

P.S. Bazza the ONLY footballer who isn't a pansy is Vinnie Jones
GhostyDog is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome