credit cards - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 19-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa romeo

Not Happy credit cards

What is up with these people.

I had a Tesco CC for ten years always paid the balance in full over the phone two day's before the balance was due. A few month ago I saw charges on my account, I ask what was this for etc only to be told it was a computer problem. This happened 4 times over the last 8 months and would totaled 50 quid so i canceled my card with them.

Thought i would go with virgin, no they will not give me a card as I have no credit status, i.e i do not have bank loans etc anly savings.

How stupid is this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

EddieGTA

Re: credit cards

And you won't get a loan either for the same reason, very frustrating. I ditched my banking with alliance and leicester when I got the GTA. Every month with my statement they would include leaflets about low rate loans, then when I actually wanted one I couldn't have it at 6.9% it had to be 10% with payment protection and everything else. I had the money in savings so I just blew that on the car and told them where to poke their bank account.

Try getting one of those credit history checks, as things that have nothing to do with you can have an effect on getting CC's.
I tried for a capital one card, but was turned down, even though I have a loan and CC, all of which are paid on time, and no missed payments on anything.
My friend was turned down for a CC, and when she did a credit check, it turned out that her brother had missed payments on his loan and CC, and was a bad debter in general, and the credit check saw that there was a bad debter linked with my friends address, and she was rejected on this basis.
She had to prove that it was her brother that had the debt and not her, then the card was granted.
It's a stupid way of working really, as people who dont even live at you're address anymore can have an effect on you're credit history.
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 25-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa romeo

I did not know that, thanks. Going to go with my bank but it's not a great card but we will give it a go.
mikebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
And you won't get a loan either for the same reason, very frustrating. I ditched my banking with alliance and leicester when I got the GTA. Every month with my statement they would include leaflets about low rate loans, then when I actually wanted one I couldn't have it at 6.9% it had to be 10% with payment protection and everything else. I had the money in savings so I just blew that on the car and told them where to poke their bank account.
Ed if they forced you to take protection they are breaking FSA and banking codes and are liable for very hefty fines...

mike

You can use an online service to get you're history, "Experian" I think it is (Ex something anyway, someone point me in the right direction)
Costs about £3 to do. Worth it.
AO Member

don't get a virgin card, i had no end of problems, took a balance transfer deal, got charged for not paying the correct amount, even though they set the direct debit up, took me 4 months to notice at 35 quid per time. After lengthly phone calls did get the money back. when i paid it off within the interest free period, they offered me an interest free cash advance (which i actually used when buying my alfa), 2 months later got a letter saying my apr was going up to 25% in 3 months, luckily i had the money to pay it straight off. Really put me off virgin.
mikebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
You can use an online service to get you're history, "Experian" I think it is (Ex something anyway, someone point me in the right direction)
Costs about £3 to do. Worth it.
yep experian and costs 2 pounds either by post/telephone or online

EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrown View Post
Ed if they forced you to take protection they are breaking FSA and banking codes and are liable for very hefty fines...

mike
No matter now, think they got the message when I closed all my accounts and went elsewhere

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page