Brilliant planning guys - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 09-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Brilliant planning guys

... so which band of Nobel laureates decided to hold 3 of the biggest sporting events in the British calendar on the same afternoon?

Wore out the batteries in my zapper trying to watch the GP, the Tour De Kent, and Wimbledon simultaneously.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

EddieGTA

Re: Brilliant planning guys

Oh yeah the tour de kent. Close all the roads with no indication of when they will open, strand me so I have to leave my car at my parents. And then time an ad break for when they hit Dartford. I mean I know Dartford isn't that pretty but FFS!!!

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
Oh yeah the tour de kent. Close all the roads with no indication of when they will open, strand me so I have to leave my car at my parents. And then time an ad break for when they hit Dartford. I mean I know Dartford isn't that pretty but FFS!!!
Eddie, the road closures were widely publisized, signs up all over the place and even if you didn't see it on the leaflets or in the papers it was easily found on the web!

You're sounding a bit like some of the old wrinklies who pestered the town clerk in tenterden, moaning about the roads closing! And absolutely nothing to do with the town council!
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.deackes View Post
Eddie, the road closures were widely publisized, signs up all over the place and even if you didn't see it on the leaflets or in the papers it was easily found on the web!

You're sounding a bit like some of the old wrinklies who pestered the town clerk in tenterden, moaning about the roads closing! And absolutely nothing to do with the town council!
Please re-read my post. No where did I criticise the council, in fact the council was also concerned that not enough information for the Dartford area had been given.

You will also see that I WAS aware of the closures as I left my car elsewhere, boards had been up for some time. My point is that even on the website times for the road closures in Kent were not advertised.

So please don't compare me to wrinklies in Tenterden, at 28 I don't fit that bill. And just expect some common courtesy when people decide to organise c*** like this past where I live.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Sorry Eddie, didn't mean to cause offence!
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.deackes View Post
Sorry Eddie, didn't mean to cause offence!
Sorry, bad day shouldn't have taken such offence.

Would have actually been funny to show the roundabout by me on the box, they didn't direct them very well to say the least. Some went the wrong way, some went the right way and some started to go the right way and changed their minds, and that included the support cars.

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Quote:

Would have actually been funny to show the roundabout by me on the box, they didn't direct them very well to say the least. Some went the wrong way, some went the right way and some started to go the right way and changed their minds, and that included the support cars.
Not a cycling fan then Eddie?
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert View Post
Not a cycling fan then Eddie?
What gives you that impression eh?

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Quote:
You're in the right place for taking offence at least, this is the rant room!
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Very narrow minded, blinkered approach by myself, I'm sorry to say!: Just F1 for me. I was under the impression that it was only me that had no comprehensive recording/playback ,contemporary, electronic wizardry on tap. Obviously not.:
VO2Max

Quote:

Eddie, I'm sure you are an ardent cycling fan by now ( ) but if you watch any subsequent stages on TV (ITV4 7pm), you'll find that whenever the Peloton (bunch) go across a RAB, they generally peel off and go round both sides to keep the flow going, otherwise a massive pile-up ensues (infact sometimes it just does anyway!) Enjoy!

I rode down into Kent via the Gravesend foot passenger ferry and saw the race there (as well as Tonbridge after a swift ride south). What really made my day though, was getting chatting to a 94yr old guy in a wheelchair at Gravesend who was a clubman all his life and did some brilliant rides in the 30's, including a 100 mile time trial in 5:00:30. Awesome considering the road surfaces and equipment at the time. We promised to meet each other again when the Tour returns in 10 years time, I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge him that!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page