Trading Standards What's the point - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 14-06-07 Thread Starter

Trading Standards What's the point

Over the last 9 months I have had problems with a local tv repair shop.It's a long story but basically the shop has ruined my tv (which cost well over a grand) .They now cannot get the parts for it and it's ready for the scrap heap(by the way it's sony tv 7 years old and you cant get parts for it how ridiculous is that). Anyway, been onto trading standards 8 times, what have they done errr zilch, can't even bother to phone me back after promising many times to do so.
I really can't see the point if there not going to help the consumer. I should of just taken the tv guy to court months ago and saved myself the grief.
Another gripe about these good for nothing do gooders is bootsales.Our local bootsale is crammed with bootleg dvd's, cd's pirate software and so on. There is a big sign to the entrance of the sale saying " no counterfiet goods".Surley they no what going on, why don't they stop it.Is it turn a blind eye,can't be botherd or lack of manpower. what ever it is, it's not good enough.

Rant over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

wrinx

Re: Trading Standards What's the point

I think your expectations or Trading Standards may be too high.

You're right, you should have gone to court for direct action. I suspect Trading Standards aren't able to do much except offer advice in this situation...which they didn't do

wrinx

(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 14-06-07 Thread Starter

My gripe with them is purely that they promised to offer assistance all be it minimal. They did'nt even call me back allthough they promised on several occasions to do so. I don't think I am expecting to much really, just a phone call with a bit of advise. If they can't do that which is minimal what can they do, not much really by the looks of things.

If they operate like this no wonder the crooks prosper and we get programs like watchdog and rouge traders!
AO Silver Member

County: -

I think it varies. You may be lucky and get somebody who really cares about justice, and others for whom it is just a job.
In my experience I was sold goods that went faulty very quickly and the eBay seller wouldn't honour the guarantee. My local Trading Standards spelt out the exact legal position and the seller's stance changed immediately. Sorry that you haven't been so lucky.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 14-06-07 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
I think it varies. You may be lucky and get somebody who really cares about justice, and others for whom it is just a job.
In my experience I was sold goods that went faulty very quickly and the eBay seller wouldn't honour the guarantee. My local Trading Standards spelt out the exact legal position and the seller's stance changed immediately. Sorry that you haven't been so lucky.
I think you have summed it up well bodger. If I worked at trading standards I would want to and enjoy throwing the book at some of the virmin, not that i am sadistic or anything

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page