****s in chaved-up toy cars - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 37 Old 10-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire
Madness ****s in chaved-up toy cars

I was woken at 5am this morning to the sound of horrible sounding but very loud little cars being raced along the main drag into our part of EK. If the little feckers make a habit of it I'm going out with my cameras to get a video and some number plate piccies - I'll sort the little sh1ts out and get their toys confiscated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: ****s in chaved-up toy cars

Do that mate, hopefully they'll get their licenses taken away!
mikebrown

ah bless em....

AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage

I live just up the road from Strathy Park. . .home of the boy racer. . .you can guess what thats like

You have my sympathy and empathy Fraser!
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

you know there was a report out last week, saying that parents are less likely to let their kids play in the streets these days for fear of them being abducted etc. Can we assume that these aren't fears shared by the parents of the assorted chav riff-raff that's out being a public nuisance until the small hours?

g
(Post Link) post #6 of 37 Old 10-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

They meet at the town centre car parks on Sunday evenings I think, vroom up and down and generally show off to each other. The police know about it, talk to the organisers and let it happen. I can see the advantage in this but you get the impression the leniency is being abused (vis-a-vis ear-bleeding exhausts).
EddieGTA

Dartford one way system was reworked and made two way largely, at expense. All thanks to the chav element treating it like a race track. Glad to say I never did that, we just used to get drunk and after buying a kebab stand on the corner of iceland car park hurling abuse at them as they came past Best was a fiesta a bit further round, it was too new to be his so obviously mummy's car. He lost it and went into the railings, i can only wonder how long the little 5h1t was grounded for.

Ah those were the days!!!

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 147virgin View Post
I live just up the road from Strathy Park. . .home of the boy racer. . .you can guess what thats like

You have my sympathy and empathy Fraser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
They meet at the town centre car parks on Sunday evenings I think, vroom up and down and generally show off to each other. The police know about it, talk to the organisers and let it happen. I can see the advantage in this but you get the impression the leniency is being abused (vis-a-vis ear-bleeding exhausts).
lol, you'd think they'd all be down Strathy park on Sunday evening...that's where it's at after all

I used to look in there when it was still quite respectable, must be 5 years ago now (I was still young and I have mates in Shettleston and Carmyle)...I hear it's chav-central these days.

Last time I was there the animals tore this modded Astra to bits with their bare hands (after destroying the clutch/gearbox with doughnuts) then set it on fire and pushed it into the lake...ah the memories

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

C'mon guys they're only doing what young lads do...it's gone on since the 1950's, ton-up boys scaring the old ladies.
AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

put a stinger across the road
(Post Link) post #11 of 37 Old 11-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert View Post
C'mon guys they're only doing what young lads do...it's gone on since the 1950's, ton-up boys scaring the old ladies.
Er, no - scaring the old ladies is bad enough, but waking up whole neighbourhoods is extermely anti-social. I think if you'd heard it at 5 in the morning you would be well pee'd off too.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

The rear bumper of the Brera has a built in magnet that attracts these to$$ers !!

I'd go to the Police or the local council dude ! (For all the good it will probably do it's likely not worth it but at least you will have reported it !! )
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

We get this on a regular basis, in the area we live. Think they should ban the excessively noisy boom box exhausts, and the 'wannabe' a racer, that use them.

Always seems to start on a Thursday evening, ( pay packet day?) goes on over the weekend, then dies a bit of a death by Monday or Tuesday. Reckon they are skint by then, money for Benzine has run out.
AO Member

County: Bristol

We don't have so much of a problem with the chavmobiles in our area, but those b*$%^&y de-silenced 'kin scooter things can be heard for miles . They are so low geared that the chavs have to rev the noisy nuts off 'em for ages whilst they attempt to catch up with the grannies on their motability scooters!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpat View Post
put a stinger across the road
What Dpat said
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

I'M the **** in the chavved up car in my neighbourhood
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

we live on the high street, and they use the road outside as a race track (well try to!) but one came a croper the other week as we have a shallow speed hump just down the road, and yep you guessed it, a very low astra (or corsa!) came hurtling down at +40mph loads of noise (being chased by a civic) then a nasty crunching noise then no noise, have a look outside, a few 'kids' standing about. He gets towed home, turns out his sump met the hump, oil all over the place. I had to laugh!

One thing I would like to see either banned or reduced is the amount of bass output the car stereos put out. That is pretty awful, I just hope they suffer serious hearing loss.

147 GTA
The ONLY way to fly

Gone but not forgotten .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
we live on the high street, and they use the road outside as a race track (well try to!) but one came a croper the other week as we have a shallow speed hump just down the road, and yep you guessed it, a very low astra (or corsa!) came hurtling down at +40mph loads of noise (being chased by a civic) then a nasty crunching noise then no noise, have a look outside, a few 'kids' standing about. He gets towed home, turns out his sump met the hump, oil all over the place. I had to laugh!

One thing I would like to see either banned or reduced is the amount of bass output the car stereos put out. That is pretty awful, I just hope they suffer serious hearing loss.
My office is immediately above a set of traffic lights and the sound of bass and "tish", "tish" euro guff just about sends us all nuts. There's also a Rangers fanatic (in a blue proton!!) who plays constant flute band music at full volume..Christ almighty, I keep thinking I've been trnsported to Strabane on the 12th July.
(Post Link) post #19 of 37 Old 11-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
There's also a Rangers fanatic (in a blue proton!!) who plays constant flute band music at full volume..

As a Rangers fan (armchair variety) I can honestly say, what a d1ck

Difficult to avoid these things - at the age of five I was wandering the streets of Wishaw singing "The Sash" with the big boys and the whole protestant/catholic thing was a big issue in that part of Lanarkshire (still is in places and with some people). The trick is to get out and about and see a bit more of life and meet more than just the "tribe" you know - otherwise you can get sucked in by the culture.
AO Member

County: Glasgow

Quote:
I was woken at 5am this morning to the sound of horrible sounding but very loud little cars being raced along the main drag into our part of EK. If the little feckers make a habit of it I'm going out with my cameras to get a video and some number plate piccies - I'll sort the little sh1ts out and get their toys confiscated.
There was a pretty big meet in our neck of the woods (Tradeston, Glasgow) on Saturday night - wonder if these were the stragglers?

At one point I looked out the window to see one twunt in a Skyline going round the corner sideways. I don't mind them having a meet, but driving like %$£^s on public roads is not on.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

Quote:
The trick is to get out and about and see a bit more of life and meet more than just the "tribe" you know - otherwise you can get sucked in by the culture.
Hmm, I think it's got more to do with the size of brain afforded to the individual and that culture that is still desperately trying to prevail in central Scotland. It's probably one of the things that really turned me off of football.

Sorry, I'm wandering off topic again .
Ant
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
you know there was a report out last week, saying that parents are less likely to let their kids play in the streets these days for fear of them being abducted etc. Can we assume that these aren't fears shared by the parents of the assorted chav riff-raff that's out being a public nuisance until the small hours?

g
Maybe they want them to be abducted.

Quote:
As a Rangers fan (armchair variety) I can honestly say, what a d1ck

Difficult to avoid these things - at the age of five I was wandering the streets of Wishaw singing "The Sash" with the big boys and the whole protestant/catholic thing was a big issue in that part of Lanarkshire (still is in places and with some people). The trick is to get out and about and see a bit more of life and meet more than just the "tribe" you know - otherwise you can get sucked in by the culture.
I couldn't agree more.

I must admit I was very naive (I nearly said green there) when I came to live and work in Central Scotland in the '80s and I was shocked and stunned at how polarised that sort of thing was. Coming from an area where you could get a Rangers supporter and a Celtic supporter from the same family I had some very fast learning to do.

I remember driving through "Wishie" one July and seeing all the lovely flags out and I asked my colleague in the car if it was Wishaw Gala day soon? They all looked at each other wondering if I was taking the p!

Unfortunately, the progress seen in the Central belt has been matched with the opposite down here...Yes, bigotry has found it's way to Dumfries..But as FF says, down here it's mre to do with the given brain - and many of the good ones are heading North!
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

I have to admit i could be seen as a boy racer type... I have an expensive alpine head unit, 2 rockford fosgate subs and a big amp to power it all. But luckily, being of the 'normal' variety im blessed with the ability to indentify the volume control!! - I like punch to my music, but i dislike being punched by it!

Normally the boy racer chavtastic type annoy me, but just lately ive found it humbly satisfying wiping the floor with them and making there tiny, immature ***** shrink even more!

Remember anyone can put there foot down....But it takes much more to drive a car - Most boy racer chavs manage the first part.... If they are lucky!!

As for the sidetrack subject on Scotland. I spent nearly 2 years there in the west end, just off of Dumbarton road in Glasgow. I was shocked at how fanatical Rangers and Hoops fans are. I remember first day at work, all the technicians after introducing themselves asked me Blue or Green... I didnt comment til the only other english bloke explained... As he was finishing explaining someone shouted it, i screamed back Blues! - It turned out every single one was a Hoops fan!!

None of them ever spoke to me again... Christ its football, its just a bloody game i thought!! Then a week later a new lady friends brother was knifed to death walking home. He walked down the wrong street wearing a hoops shirt.... And was murdered by some Rangers fans...

It is for those two reasons i do not follow football today.

Last edited by Alfa_156; 12-06-07 at 13:35.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Christ its football, its just a bloody game
I agree.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page