UN madness - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Sipe

Not Happy UN madness

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6645715.stm

*Sigh* I was going to say something but I think I am going to go and cool off for a bit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Re: UN madness

Heard it on BBC World News at 5am. Argh!!!! Crazy, crazy, world?:
AO Gold Member

County: -

Well we now know what standards are set in Africa and they are extremely low .....
AlfaLincs

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, but then I am a teapot.

"I am the King of Democracee, so everybody bow down and pray to ME"

Now which leader of which country in a large equatorial continent sings that in his bath I wonder.

AlfaLincs

AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Good One AL.:
VO2Max

Unfortunately, the UN madness is the sum of all its members' madness .

Perhaps Mgabwe himself could give a lecture on slash and burn techniques, with a paragraph on necklacing? It would lend their tenure an air of authority.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

alfa 156

Can't blame people for not taking the UN seriously anymore.
Nev

Like any "Democracy" the people elected are
the ones the organisation (or country) deserve.

wrinx

I don't know enough about this to comment fully...but if other nations voted for them what's the problem (atrocities aside!)?

I have no idea how those votes may or may not have been influence...

wrinx

VO2Max

It seems all the African Nations voted for him, presumably they see it as 'voting for their own'. So long as they have this type of attitude and vote for this type of tyrant, they will maintain the status quo and the majority of Africa will remain living in a sea of sh*t.

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Well said Max.

mikebrown

nicely put max...its just so unbelievable ....

Mjh

How can nations sit back and let this happen ?If people in power in the West really cared then mugabe would be no longer in power
wrinx

Echos of Iraq in that last statement...look where that's got us.

wrinx

Sipe

I was born and grew up there. Makes me sad.
But, I've worked in most southern African countries and been personally involved in the diamond trade there. Unfortunately there is a sinister factor to the involvement of huge foreign companies. It's in their interest to keep wars and strife going to avoid competition.
The bad side is that once attention like this risks the spotlight on them then they withdraw their capital to the detriment of the locals.

It's really a sad situation which won't be resolved by modern politics.

VO2Max

Indeed, seems to be a conspiracy of fools...

AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

What a crazy crazy world we live in. Why are we trying to save humanity? Cull all humans I say.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
It seems all the African Nations voted for him, presumably they see it as 'voting for their own'. So long as they have this type of attitude and vote for this type of tyrant, they will maintain the status quo and the majority of Africa will remain living in a sea of sh*t.
I think African's were just sick of being ruled by whites, they saw it as the cause of their problems, which is why Zimbabwe and S. Africa now have 'black' governments. To be fair, us colonial power's were always just in it for ourselves but we still did a far better job of managing Africa than the Africans have done since.

But how can you expect a working democracy to form only 4 generations from when Africa was mostly still tribal, it took us two thousand years to move from being tribes throwing spears at each other to working democracies, you can't expect miracles overnight, and there have been some success stories in Africa, although these are few and far between.

My unfortunate prediction is that no matter what we do or don't do, the majority of Africans will stay living in a sea of proverbial sh*t.
VO2Max

AFAIK, S. Africa is doing rather well, the changeover from White Rule under (bugger, can't remember his name, the last white Premier!) was very well managed, they had the truth and openness (?) commission which allowed people to come out in the open, admit the misdemeanours and atrocities they committed, meet the victims and for everyone to move on in a spirit of hope. Mandela of course, proved to be a giant of a man and was ultimately embraced by the outgoing and incoming regime, thank God. I know there are some S. Africans on here who will have their own (much better informed) views on this, but Zimbabwe has thrown the baby out with the bathwater in a spirit of revenge and we have all seen the result. They had working systems in place, they could have worked towards redistribution of wealth and a fairer society, but all Mgabe wanted to do was ***** the white man. He has ended up f*cking his country!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page