fast car drivers who dont know when there beat... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 50 Old 02-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
fast car drivers who dont know when there beat...

dont know if this was anyone on here or not but on sunday evening, about 7pm heading back into shields there was some clever lads in a 156 2.5 V6 saloon in front of me, obviously thought ooo look a 147 4 potter, lets waste him... in future can you please not waste your time in trying... i dislike having to lift my foot OFF the throttle as to avoid going into the back of you as you fail miserably to pull away...

hehe.

sorry, little rant at people driving a fast car and not knowing when to accept they have been defeated by a supposedly slower car... might have fewer cylinders mate but my god i put them to good use!

im sure im not the only one on here who has been annoyed by 'bigger' cars being driven in a way that says the driver believes they are superiour... us little uns have a LOT to offer... dont forget that... next time, pull over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: fast car drivers who dont know when there beat...

I hope you gave him the Alfa Wave Marko

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

Haha, nice one.
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

LOL! They'd have gone home and got their old car mags out to see how much BHP you're supposed to have then been scratching their heads for ages!

Nice one
AO Member

Member car:

156 V6

Well done Marko

I had the same happen to me. I was driving down some country roads and started to catch up on an E55 AMG merc. I ended up spending about 4-5 miles doing 35 in a 60 or something greater area when i got the chance i went around him and got a look at the driver he was about 150 years old. However for the next 10 miles he was sitting on my rear spoiler being a complete danger to him and me.
Ended up keeping the V6 running at around 4500 to 7000 rpm and pulled away from him. However when I got to the motorway he came batting past me at well over 120. That was ok though as an unmarked Volvo T5 was in the inside lane. Both of them were in the inside lane of the motorway with nice blue flashing lights on the Volvo
But still Shame on that man

The propeller at the front of an aeroplane is only there as a fan to keep the pilot cool. When it stops watch him sweat
AO Member

Member car:

156 V6

Just out of interest Marko what are you bhp Figures
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

I have the same problem when i'm driving the Yaris, some people in Micras and CityRovers think thay can outrun me but no.......

AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert View Post
I have the same problem when i'm driving the Yaris, some people in Micras and CityRovers think thay can outrun me but no.......

I try harder not to "race" these days. It's not so much people don't know when they're beaten, more to do with they don't know when to be safe
AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

I used to have the same thing in the turbo Cinquecento. You get the Vectras, Mundanos etc. sitting on your bumper in the 3rd lane of the motorway trying to harrass you out of the way when you're stuck behind someone else doing 60.

Then the traffic clears, boot goes down, repmobile gets smaller and smaller in the mirror
BlueEvo2

It's also the same if you drive an older car. Lost count of the times people tailgate me when I'm in the Integrale; they just see it as an old thing that looks like a Golf with a bodykit. As Pete says, as soon as the traffic clears they discover why not all newer cars are quicker

Going to be so much fun when she's back on the road - aiming for some serious BHP at the tarmac which should be fun! Just hope the bank manager agrees

Last edited by BlueEvo2; 02-05-07 at 16:18. Reason: So as to avoid further upset :)

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Well I realise all TDi's are sh1te yadda yadda yadda but of course it could just be a remapped TDi behind you with loads of torque and a 50 to 100 time to make you look a bit silly !!

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEvo2 View Post
so those "170bhp" TDi's are going to look even more foolish.... ) which should be fun! Just hope the bank manager agrees
Oh no, here we go again And I thought we'd resolved some issues on the "Diesels shouldn't be this fast" thread.

Course, it could be a 170 bhp petrol behind your Integrale, now THAT would be as quick - NOT.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
could just be a remapped TDi behind you with loads of torque and a 50 to 100 time to make you look a bit silly !!

As much as I respect the performance of some of the new generation diesels, I don't think they're going to make a 'grale look silly, no matter what measure of performance you use.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Well lets just say there are some serious pieces of kit out there that may well be able to do just that !!

After all as, Marko stated, you never know exactly what's under the bonnet eh !!
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
As much as I respect the performance of some of the new generation diesels, I don't think they're going to make a 'grale look silly, no matter what measure of performance you use.
Don't disagree Bazza, it's just the usual tiresome reference to diesels whereas a similarly powered petrol car would be no better. But, hey, I realise it's all mince anyway and one day it will all wash over me
(Post Link) post #16 of 50 Old 02-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear

oh im runing a few tricks under my bonnet 150hp is long gone...
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

That's not fair Marko, your car looks pretty normal ... until you hear the sound that is
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

What power is the 'Grale running at? I've no doubt they are brutal quick, but those new-fangled 335d Beemers can be remapped to 344bhp! Thats more than an E34 M3 and with twice as much torque.

Not bad for a repmobile
AO Member

Member car:

156 V6

not bad for any car on normal roads
AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Quote:
Well lets just say there are some serious pieces of kit out there that may well be able to do just that !!
Well, don't forget, the reason tdi's are so quick is because they have turbos. The 'grale has turbo and a petrol engine.
AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
What power is the 'Grale running at? I've no doubt they are brutal quick, but those new-fangled 335d Beemers can be remapped to 344bhp! Thats more than an E34 M3 and with twice as much torque.
But remember as they're a lot more modern, they're pretty lardy.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgers_nadgers View Post
Well, don't forget, the reason tdi's are so quick is because they have turbos. The 'grale has turbo and a petrol engine.
Oooooo yeah I forgot that !!

BlueEvo2

Heh heh

I've started a debate without meaning to! Guys, I would love nothing more than peace and harmony between the diesel and integrale community

The reason I referenced TDi's is because they're normally the ones hassling me. I don't have an issue with diesels per se - we have a Golf Mk V GT TDi in the household and it's quite pleasant to drive and is indeed quite torquey.

My main point was being hassled when in an older car - and the people doing it are normally in newer cars. Newer cars are normally company cars, and company cars are normally TDi's. End of, from my perspective. So no, I'm not having a pop at diesels!

Turning to whether the Integrale is going to be troubled by a TDi, yes, there might be something out there that will do it, and I will tip my cap to the driver when they do - it's not that important to me either Fraser; just a bit of fun!

The Grale, before the strip, was running 260bhp+ but there are some unbelievable power outputs out there on the cars that people tune. Auto Integrale have a 450bhp Integrale demonstrator, for example. It's completely road legal and a customer could do the same if they wished with the kit from AI.

The other thing the Grale has is how it gets the power down - you can unleash a significant amount of shunt almost anytime, anyplace. As was said, it's brutal. Not just a little quick - going from A to B it's awesome. Yes there are quicker things out there, but you'd rather hope so after 15 years of development really!

PS: Apologies to Nomad and Fraser, whom I seem to constantly annoy and no doubt have again

BlueEvo2

Thumbs Up Re: fast car drivers who dont know when there beat...

Quote:
Well I realise all TDi's are sh1te yadda yadda yadda but of course it could just be a remapped TDi behind you with loads of torque and a 50 to 100 time to make you look a bit silly !!

I've edited the post, Nomad: I was kidding around! Believe me, this gets debated to the death on other forums related to the Grale and I've said there, and will say here, that I couldn't give a monkeys in all seriousness if a newer car overtakes me - I'd rather expect it to occur more often given the years of development between them.

Still not overly nervous, though.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEvo2 View Post
PS: Apologies to Nomad and Fraser, whom I seem to constantly annoy and no doubt have again
No annoyance here dude just making a point - and not in particular to you - that there are some suprising TDi's about !! (Allard tuned VAG's in particular !! )

Now if you'd initially said that you meant rep mobiles & their drivers.... that would have been a totally different matter !!

PS An 'late' Evolution will be in my dream garage .....when I finally get it !!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page