Pet owners in apartment blocks.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Nev

Pet owners in apartment blocks....

... WHY!?!?!

Small yapping dogs, locked up all days
yapping away and ****ing everywhere
when allowed outside.
And cats that never see the outside world.

Not just annoying, but damn cruel IMHO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: Pet owners in apartment blocks....

I agree it's complete nonsense.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS

yes I agree - don't really see the point in owning a pet if their going to be locked in all the time - why not just get a goldfish??
AO Silver Member

County: South Yorkshire

Just as annoying is dogs that are locked outside in gardens all night and never allowed in the house and spend all night barking away with the owner never doing a thing about it
AO Member

County: Greater London

I have had dogs on and off most of my adult life and have also lived in apartment block. The dogs I have rescued have been well looked after, well fed, well exercised and well engaged. And yes, periodically left alone all day. While this is not appropriate for all breeds there are many than can have a quite fine life even if they do need to be left alone during the day. My current two get let out at lunch most days but even when they are not, they have a much better life then they did at the Dogs Trust before I rescued them. My neighbours have never been annoyed by them (and I have asked) and I always pick up after them (as distasteful as it may be!) Off my soapbox now. Time perhaps to stop letting the TV to raise your children?
AO Silver Member

County: South Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches View Post
I have had dogs on and off most of my adult life and have also lived in apartment block. The dogs I have rescued have been well looked after, well fed, well exercised and well engaged. And yes, periodically left alone all day. While this is not appropriate for all breeds there are many than can have a quite fine life even if they do need to be left alone during the day. My current two get let out at lunch most days but even when they are not, they have a much better life then they did at the Dogs Trust before I rescued them. My neighbours have never been annoyed by them (and I have asked) and I always pick up after them (as distasteful as it may be!) Off my soapbox now. Time perhaps to stop letting the TV to raise your children?

Our last dog as from a rescue too and she was in the house all day whilst my Wife and I were at work. My Mum would come down to the house about three o'clock each day to meet the kids and then she would have the run of the (quite large) back garden. She was a hell of a lot happier than she would have been at the rescue as well and had a fantastic life with us until she died at the age of 13 last Year . We had her since she was 2 and she had a nightly walk and was very well looked after.

I agree there is nothing wrong with leraving animals in the house all day whilst you are at work if that is what they have grown up being used to and they have an otherwise active and healthy life and are loved by their owners and not neglected.

We have a cat as well and he hates being outside...he spends about 30 minutes a day outside these days ( he is 14 now) and prefers to just sleep and be cuddled in the house

'I got my violence in high def ultra realism'
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

ST170

I have a similar problem, not just apartment blocks, a couple of houses away from ours has a dog which spends most the time on it's own in a small run in a back garden. The dog (a Labrador) gets regular walks and I have no doubt it is well looked after, but to me it seems to be very bored as any time I see it, it is standing on its back legs to look over the garden wall and barks very loudly at anything that moves.

While this may be good for security, it's not so good at 2 in the morning when the fox is about and the F#####g dog barks relentlessly at it for hours, (the fox usually just stares back at it), same thing happens with birds, passing cars, rabbits, sheep & anything that moves, but the prolonged sessions seem to involve the fox.

I know it's not the dogs fault, I honestly think it just wants something to do rather than look over a wall for most of it's life.

It also thinks our front garden, drive and back garden are it's toilet, but that's a whole other rant.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Exactly. What do owners really know about the animal's behavious when left alone?

There's a couple a few doors down the hallway. They own some small, yippee little dog. I don't any idea what breed of dog because I've never seen it. I have, however, heard it. When the owners are out (which is most of the day) the dog barks its head off. Every time somebody walks down the hall or comes off the elevator (which is almost directly opposite the yippee dog's apartment) the dog loses its mind and starts barking like crazy.

I'm fortunate that I've got a firewall between my apartment and theirs, so I can't hear the dog when I'm in my unit, but it really bugs me that every time I step out of my door I've got to listen to the mutt.

Now don't get me wrong. I like dogs just as I like most animals. In fact as much as I'd like to have a dog, I know that I don't live in an environment that is really condusive to owning a dog (especially a larger dog which is my preference). As far as I'm concerned an animal has the right to be an animal, and that includes having enough room to run around in and enough variety in the landscape (trees, grass, dirt, etc.) to allow it to explore. Even if I had one of these postage stamp backyards that are coming with new homes in the city I don't think that's adequate enough for keeping a dog.

On the flip side, I also believe in training an animal to behave. It drives me crazy to see people whose lives are run by their pets. Fido wants to bark and jump up on visitors...okay. He's just being a dog. Kitty wants to walk all over the kitchen counters as a meal is being prepared...sure. Cats like to climb. Of course, as Marksie said, that's another rant.
--Toronto
AO Platinum Member

Next door uses their garden to train their dogs for show jumping!

Of course Fido and Rex get all excited and bark while clattering over all the obstacles.. I had to stick my head over the fence and tell the owners what I thought! They try to be more 9-5 now...

I think if you have inconsiderate neighbours, then you should take up an inconsiderate hobby too and indulge whenever their noisy pet makes sleeping/relaxing impossible.

I find that "Tuning 2-stroke motorcycle race engines" is pretty much Top Trump if you really want to make the point. Not much you can say to a pair of expansion chambers..

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page