The car selling nightmare. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

alfafamily

The car selling nightmare.

This will almost certainly have been ranted on before but why do people say they are coming to view your car and then not turn up. We are now into our second ruined weekend because of these idiots. One even had the nerve to call back 2 days later after he let us down. Why can't they just say not interested, car sounds rubbish, anything, just don't p155 us around. Some who have called are obviously alfa enthusiasts. If they want to call for a chat about alfas, thats fine, but why pretend they want to buy the car.
So please to everyone on here,if you are guilty of this, don't do it again, respect other alfa owners.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mark Alfa

Re: The car selling nightmare.

Happened to me once when trying to sell my old Fiesta

wrinx

How about going to view and car and they're not in

wrinx

alfafamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinx View Post
How about going to view and car and they're not in

wrinx
Just as annoying, I might do it to that guy who rang back after letting us down

Had both.

Went to view a 944 a few years ago, confirmed the date, time and address with the guy TWICE and he wasn't in and didn't answer his phone.

When I sold the 944 I did buy, the first two 'buyers' didn't show.

Actually, perhaps it's just me and Porsches...
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Sorry to hear that alfafamily. I can't abide that sort of behaviour.
mudhut

It's just human nature. "Had a better offer", "something came up", "can't be bothered", "changed my mind", "can't afford it", "handbag control says no" etc. ad nauseam.

None ofthis any excuse for messing people around though or for not picking up the phone and saying "sorry not coming after all". So many people just look out for themselves and s0d everybody else.

I feel better now. Going for a drive.

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Yeah..its bl**dy annoying - that's why I never sell anything privately; to much agro
AlfaLincs

We've all had this happen, and its annoying, but I never have any expectations, so I'm not over worried by no shows. What I try and do is pin callers down to a time, and get a phone number off them "Just in case I have to go out". You can often judge the level of commitment by the reply.

What was new on me the other week was two questions from potential ebay buyers. One was attempting to redirect me to another site. I reported that to ebay and they confirmed the account had been hijacked by a third party. Not nice. The other email I got was from someone apparently just wanting a chat about Alfas from abroad..which had a funny smell about it, and I felt it might have been an attempt to get account details from me. So I deleted it without reply.

A friend sold his car, and the bankers draft was a forgery. The insurance co did not pay as they said he had not been vigilant enough, and should not have released the car before funds were confirmed as transferred.

The no-shows are just an irritant compared with the nasty b*stards, who are bent on theft.

AlfaLincs

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

I once arranged to go look at a 147 when I was looking for mine, they knew I was making a 60 mile round trip to look at it, I got there to find that they had sold it 10 minutes before I arrived.

They had the audacity to ring me up 2 weeks later when the fella that put his deposit down never turned up and ask if I was interested. Of course I said no, was a bit of a strange one though, black with white leather interior, they also had a black 156 with white leather in as well. Never seen another like it.

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior
alfafamily

Faith has been restored. Proper Alfa enthusiast turned up dead on time, chatted about alfas,looked at the car, knew exactly what he was getting, paid his money Perfect

AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage

Glad to hear that! Alls well that ends well!
AO Silver Member

County: -

Good news AF.
It's a bit scary when you get a buyer who doesn't know the car and doesn't check it over properly.
Much better to sell it to an enthusiast.
alfafamily

In typical Alfa owner fashion he came in the same type of car he was looking to buy (155). So, he pretty much knew his stuff , which is good because the car then sells itself when its ok.

I made an appointment to buy a 2003 Alfa 147 in pristine condition from some Italian dude. I saw the car, then called him the next day to tell him that I will buy it, and I pay with cash. He said we will meet at this lawyer thing to finalize the whole thing. I bring cash, he brings car. He never showed.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

sadly all indicative of human nature today. Had exactly the same issue with a chap and the Clio. "Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow mate".

Guess what...he never showed or called.

Not calling to cancel the viewing is a complete lack of courtesy. I won't want that sort of bozo owning my car anway.

g

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page