Body Armour at School - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 22-03-07 Thread Starter
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Not Happy Body Armour at School

This is London today I suppose

Storylink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Re: Body Armour at School

Got to be an answer to this somewhere? Return to the Middle Ages,-Join the cavalry, sword and breastplate? Military control of our streets, as we mentioned before? What a B**** state of affairs, 2007?
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 22-03-07 Thread Starter
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

You're right ZF, it feels modern society is regressing into a more violent society.
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Had that trip to Walthamstow not long back, for satellite gear. Parking was the first problem,would it still be in one piece on return? My personal concern is the Pond Ripples effect. We are still fairly ruralatory,(GBS's word again) at the moment, but it's spreading.

Got a pretty fair idea of why things are developing as they are, but don't think it's containable without drastic, forceful measures. If we all evacuate,whole family, but where to? Gremany has it's share of problems, no doubt about it,would consider a move there, but the wife is reluctant to go. Have to say, always feel safer in Berlin, Hamburg, and so on, pro-active policing is far more evident. This is probably the wrong Forum.Apologies.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

Agression is everywhere and on the increase daily. People just can't seem to deal with each other in close quarters I think (at least here). Really sad that an 11 year old feels he has to resort to body armour.
AO Member

Just a thought - feel free to shoot me down for being dumb but this came to me whilst tackling a particularly tiresome rust section on my money pit, ahem, I mean Alfa

Unfortunately our society is creating this type of behaviour. Many 100's or 1000's or years ago (sounds like once upon a time ) this type of behaviour would not have been allowed to continue in 'society'. If a (what would then be considered) young adult, or adult for that matter, committed a murder or stabbing with intent to kill, they would either get the beating of their life, or more likely, be killed or kicked out of the settlement due to their threat to the stability of the group dynamic. This would naturally prevent them from mating and passing on their clearly violent/psychopathic tendencies, and act as a very strong deterrent to others who have lesser tendencies of this nature i.e. you don't want to be removed from the group otherwise you may well die and cannot mate.

Now, however, we have become more and more tolerant of crime e.g. banishing of the death penalty, suspended sentencing for rape and assault, slaps on the wrist for quite shocking crimes as I am sure you have heard about in the news. BTW I am not saying the death penalty should be reinstated and that we should chop peoples hands off for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their starving children. I am just giving one possible theory as to why this type of behaviour is becoming more prevalent.
With this increased tolerance of horrific crime, such as the stabbing & killing of a teenager, the stabber is allowed to continue existing (particularly if never caught or convicted) after a short(ish) sentence because they are a minor, and once released from the rehabilitative institution within which they have been detained they are free to spread their genetic code amongst the population as they see fit. The stabbee on the other-hand, who may well not have the natural 'killing' tendency is removed from the gene pool, and is therefore unable to contribute their obviously preferable DNA to the societal gene pool. This results in the inevitable degradation of what we may class as 'acceptable behaviour' within our society, but alas our natural unwillingness to exact the harsh measures required to prevent this genetic problem, leaves us powerless to prevent it.

We could, of course, issue a new law that means if you are convicted of a severe crime such as mentioned here, you are made to have the snip or whatever but again, this would be in breach of the stabbers human rights, even though it is what could be better for the welfare of the group

I would just point out, that this is a forum for the discussion of ideas, opinions, thought, preferences etc. The above in no way forms my opinion about how this problem should be tackled, or indeed that this is actually what is causing the apparent degradation in our behaviour as a society - if indeed there is any at all. It's just a thought that occurred and I have posted it for a bit of discussion.

Fire away dudes
AO Member

County: Bristol

Hmmmm - it's that phrase "human rights" again.

Haven't these knife wielding morons proved by their actions that they are sub-human, and therefore should have no "human" rights?

I have to agree with jl - We are allowing ourselves to be swamped by a wave of anti "law of the jungle" types who insist on supporting lame duck policies and moronic free loading dumb @rses in the name of so called human rights, at the expense of the vast majority of real humans.

Aaaah, feel better now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page