Things that wind me up more than they should... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

8Likes

EddieGTA

Things that wind me up more than they should...

11yrs of commuting on public transport I suspect the first lot will be related to this, so;

#1 - Personal hygiene on public transport. Example being the guy that reeked who sat opposite me today on the underground. Shower and deodorant please!

Stay tuned for more

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage
keep em coming Adam
crazycarb

Isn't that "smellism"? making derogatory remarks about folk who choose to excersise their right not to wash?

EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
Isn't that "smellism"? making derogatory remarks about folk who choose to excersise their right not to wash?
How people want to smell in their own bedroom is their own business, but in public

EddieGTA

#2 - People on rush hour trains sitting crossed legged. It amazes me the disdainful look you get at times when you wish to sit in the seat opposite them and have the temerity to force them to sit properly. Add to that just now getting off the District Line train, someone sitting cross legged managed to trip someone up.

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

#3 - People who think that just because the put their stuff on the seat beside them and then spread their rubbish across the table that they have dibs on the whole space! If I want to sit there I will.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol
#4 - People.

AO Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

Panda 100hp

I just hate public transport full stop.
Unregistered

County: Lancashire
If I use public transport once a year that's one time too many
Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
I quite like using the bus, but then ours is a country bus, full of strange people that make for great company

If I catch the 9:30 bus into town I get to sit with the guy who collects toy buses - he's really sweet and is always keen to show off his latest purchase - and his friend sits across the way who is just so pleasant to everyone who gets on the bus, it's a joy to listen to Everyone on the bus seems to ken each other - even the grumpy bloke who gets on at Denton Tyres (that's what they all call him anyway.)

Murphy comes on the bus with me and is quite often one of a few hounds being taken into town

I don't think I'd like to travel on the Tube every day. A few years of daily busing and training it in Brum gave me all the experience I want, ta very much

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders
The-Cutest-of-the-BORED No 5 The BORED Collective

147 1.6 Turismo 916 Spider P1 Lusso & Giulietta Lusso 1.6 JTDM

AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol
Public transport isn't so bad if you don't have to
be somewhere by a certain time.

EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamack View Post
#3 - People who think that just because the put their stuff on the seat beside them and then spread their rubbish across the table that they have dibs on the whole space! If I want to sit there I will.
Yup, that one is on my list. I have seen two people take up a block of six seats in rush hour with suitcases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Man View Post
If I use public transport once a year that's one time too many
It's lucky I like my job, I spend 4hrs a day on trains and the underground to get here and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintergirl View Post

I don't think I'd like to travel on the Tube every day. A few years of daily busing and training it in Brum gave me all the experience I want, ta very much
I don't mind it so much now. I worked for another company in the building opposite about 6 years ago and back then the District Line was miserable and always going wrong. But this time round in 7 months it has only ever gone wrong sadly due to two occassions where someone jumped in front of a train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Public transport isn't so bad if you don't have to
be somewhere by a certain time.
I think that is something government don't appreciate when they're sat in London. There is a big difference between public transport in the City and out.

To drive here would be bonkers and stressful beyond belief so public transport is better, but even where I live which is just inside the M25 I couldn't be without a car. The buses are just not reliable and frequent enough to be viable. I go to my parents every Friday, and wouldn't be able to do that without a car as past about 19:00 there isn't even a bus to catch!!

Unregistered

County: Lancashire
4 hours a day on public transport, I'd sooner slit me wrists
AO Member

County: Greater London
# getting to the platform just as the doors are closing and next one not due for another 12 minutes, then standing in the -4degrees and snow flurries watching your train pull away from the platform.

# screaming children on a packed carriage at rush hour. poor children for being put through rush hour mayhem, poor us having to listen to screaming children all the way home.

# the annoying chinese guy who rudely pushes past everyone (women and children included) just to get in the door first every morning, even though there are plenty of seats to go around at that time of the morning (7am)

# people who walk through stations along corridors and up stairs whilst trying to finish reading their newspaper/book and not looking where they are going or care about the que of people trying to get past them.

# the woman who furiously knits a scarf as a passtime, sending fluff all around the carriage making everyone sneeze.

# the women who try to put on makeup on the journey, again sending puffs of face dust all around making people sneeze.

#mr big on his mobile phone, that thinks everyone on the train wants to hear his plans for this evening, shut up blud, get me dread, bear jokes, yeah yeah scene.

probably a few more will come to me, that's my experience of the last 15 years of getting tubes into central london every day.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
How people want to smell in their own bedroom is their own business, but in public

Classic.
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
Yup, that one is on my list. I have seen two people take up a block of six seats in rush hour with suitcases!
So, as a visitor, where do you put your suitcases so that they are within sight and not being stolen. The aisle is clearly no go as they will be a major obstruction. I realise that you will say "don't travel at rush hour" but sometimes it is unavoidable.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixf666 View Post
# getting to the platform just as the doors are closing and next one not due for another 12 minutes, then standing in the -4degrees and snow flurries watching your train pull away from the platform.

# screaming children on a packed carriage at rush hour. poor children for being put through rush hour mayhem, poor us having to listen to screaming children all the way home.

# the annoying chinese guy who rudely pushes past everyone (women and children included) just to get in the door first every morning, even though there are plenty of seats to go around at that time of the morning (7am)

# people who walk through stations along corridors and up stairs whilst trying to finish reading their newspaper/book and not looking where they are going or care about the que of people trying to get past them.

# the woman who furiously knits a scarf as a passtime, sending fluff all around the carriage making everyone sneeze.

# the women who try to put on makeup on the journey, again sending puffs of face dust all around making people sneeze.

#mr big on his mobile phone, that thinks everyone on the train wants to hear his plans for this evening, shut up blud, get me dread, bear jokes, yeah yeah scene.

probably a few more will come to me, that's my experience of the last 15 years of getting tubes into central london every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
So, as a visitor, where do you put your suitcases so that they are within sight and not being stolen. The aisle is clearly no go as they will be a major obstruction. I realise that you will say "don't travel at rush hour" but sometimes it is unavoidable.
No of course it can be unavoidable, I have had to travel on the train to catch a flight in rush hour. The question is how can you seriously think it acceptable to take up 4 seats with luggage, when people are standing

a) There is space between sets of 6 seats for luggage... USE IT!
b) There is overhead storage that can take quite a big case, don't be a lazy ****er! put it up there!
c) Rather than take up 6 seats, sit on the 2 seats by the door, there's space there enough to keep your luggage within sight and not take up seats.

I fail to see how this is unreasonable, and how anyone taking seats for nothing more than luggage is anything but selfish and ignorant.

keithyboy

I must be weird because I much prefer public transport to sitting in traffic. The bus is as almost quick as the car, I always get a seat, I don't have to look where I'm going, I don't have to park pay to park it, and it dumps me right outside the office. I've more or less given up on the train due to unreliability, high price, and massive overcrowding. I'm not bothered about a seat for a 15 minute journey but it would be nice to have sufficient personal space to read a book and get there when it's supposed to.

I took my son to work at rush hour on the train when he was in the nursery there once. Never again, complete nightmare from start to finish.

Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
I don't think you're weird, keithyboy

Have you really got a Rancho?
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixf666 View Post
+ the accompanying parents wailing about there being no seats for the tired little ones at rush hour, announcing loudly that "I couldn't travel like this every day....isn't terrible.....so crowded".

It'd be less crowded if you'd avoided rush hour with your kids!
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyboy View Post
I must be weird because I much prefer public transport to sitting in traffic. The bus is as almost quick as the car, I always get a seat, I don't have to look where I'm going, I don't have to park pay to park it, and it dumps me right outside the office. I've more or less given up on the train due to unreliability, high price, and massive overcrowding. I'm not bothered about a seat for a 15 minute journey but it would be nice to have sufficient personal space to read a book and get there when it's supposed to.

I took my son to work at rush hour on the train when he was in the nursery there once. Never again, complete nightmare from start to finish.
For London, public transport is the only option really. My first job had free parking, so one winter when the trains were really bad I drove for a few weeks. Traffic was awful, it took longer and was stressful from having to second guess what muppets on the road are doing.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintergirl View Post
I don't think you're weird, keithyboy

Have you really got a Rancho?
AO Member

County: Tobago
supermarket self service checkouts.

what's the problem you think?

ok, try these:

you - the one stacking all your purchases on the bagging bit. bag it as you go along, quicker for everyone that way.

or, you. yes, you with the kids. i know junior's little face lights up as you let him scan the items but it's not a toy. and he's doing it wrong. put him down, buy your stuff and go. (also applies to the ATM)

erm - where are you sending your accomplice? yes, you. the forgetful one. you've shopped once, don't make us all wait here whilst said accomplice nips back into the store. pay for that lot and get to the back of the queue with whatever it is you've forgotten.

and why are you only just finding your money?. you finished with the scanning minutes ago. now it's paying time. (this also applies in queues for anything where the prospective payer has been in line for more than a minute or two)

i have lots of these
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
all ENTIRELY valid
EddieGTA

Continuing on my list

#3 - Lovefilm instant. A new arrival just in. How can a pay streaming service offer such miserable picture quality in 2013?

You want, jerky motion. You got it.
You want screen tearing. You got it.
You want HD to look like a VHS. You got it.

The VOD stuff we were encoding 6 years ago through an old Tandberb encoder at 2.9mbit/s was better than this rubbish.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page