alibi - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 06-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
alibi

anyone fancy providing me with an alibi for when i go round and brutally murder my in-laws with my bare hands tomorrow morning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jay w

wassup Al?

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

"I had to do it Occifer, they were a bunch of coconuts"
Nev

Sure.

(Post Link) post #5 of 27 Old 06-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
wassup Al?

long story, i won't bore you with the details but they've just cost me £1600 with no conceivable hope of ever paying me it back
AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Alfasud, 33

she ran into my fist...58 times
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

A thirsty 147

No problem. Just say you were over here, ill cover you. But we would really like to hear where did the 1.6k go???

I don't remember anything officer, I woke up covered in blood...... honest!

(Post Link) post #9 of 27 Old 06-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

ok, a few years ago the father-in-law owed me some money which he couldn't afford to repay. so instead i agreed to arrange 2 big fat life insurance policies for him and the commission would cover what he owed me.

BUT anyone in the financial services industry will be aware about 'clawback' - basically if a policyholder cancels his policy in the first 2-4 years then the commission gets taken back by the insurance company (pro rata). anyway, he's had to cancel both policies as he's 3 months in arrears on his premiums and has no way of paying them, or future premiums.

so i've just been hit by a clawback of £1600 by 2 insurance companies

the irony is he needs his life cover more than ever cos the next time i see him i'm gonna kill him

- Keepin' it moist -
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Family eh?

Is he the sort of chap to beat himself up about it or just not give a shiv?
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

A thirsty 147

Never do business with family!!! Golden rule. I like it straight through the papers. No cousin relationships.
jay w

That is a complete b**tch mate, but that's families for you....

Mother in law has stiffed us so many times i now do not get involved with her in anyway whatsoever

(Post Link) post #13 of 27 Old 06-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

he has at least given me warning of it this time (although i do get a report from the ins co. whenever a premium has been missed so i knew he was behind). i think he was angling for me to pay the premiums for him but NO - i did this for him in the summer and he never paid me the money back.

he's very embarrassed about it, but he's been a complete financial shambles for so long he seems to expect special dispensation from everybody he ever deals with. not any more
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
he's very embarrassed about it, but he's been a complete financial shambles for so long he seems to expect special dispensation from everybody he ever deals with. not any more
If he's been carried and excused for it most of his life then I think it's time he grew up and took the fall.

We have a family member who is a complete waste of space, he came to us for Christmas and all the time he was here sat in his room playing on his phone, didn't say a word to me or Suzy unless we spoke to him and then only got one word answers.

We spent a small fortune on making a nice Christmas for both her and My family as it was first time we have ever done it and he didn't even say thank you.

The family makes excuses for him as they feel 'responsible' for his happyness.

I just think he's a manipulative C**T

Sorry for stealing some of your Rant Thunder

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior
(Post Link) post #15 of 27 Old 06-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

no worries G-dog. a couple of years ago the f-i-l was having a financial meltdown moment so me & his son sat him down, rang all the companies he owed money to and made arrangements with them. he started talking about selling his house and asked if i would take the equity he has and build an extension on my house with it so he & the m-i-l could live with us NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
no worries G-dog. a couple of years ago the f-i-l was having a financial meltdown moment so me & his son sat him down, rang all the companies he owed money to and made arrangements with them. he started talking about selling his house and asked if i would take the equity he has and build an extension on my house with it so he & the m-i-l could live with us NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Hmmm, sounds like somehwre along the line he's become dependant on rather than independant, that's a pattern you need to curb.

Good luck
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

VW T5

In laws gotta love em! Well no not really, one massive row don't have anything to do with em any more!
I'll cover for you Al! We were in a transvestite club in liverpool! The police wont think anyone would make that up!
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Alibis also available here as I can empathise - one of milady's family is into us for 5 figures and i've mentally written it off as I don't think he'll ever be able to pay it back....I daren't even work out just how much it is - I know how much I've sanctioned (£12k+) but I know that milady has let him have plenty more.....:-(
(Post Link) post #19 of 27 Old 09-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

crikey richard

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Jaguar XJR V8

I fall into one of two camps.

If you need money I'll give it to you (if I can afford it), but don't take the p155 and I don't expect it back, that's what giving means.

However, if you asked to borrow money then I DO want and expect it back, if you don't, don't bother asking for more.

A freinds husband had a similar (in outcome) problem and borrowed money all over the shop, I first gave, then loaned some cash (although not the £13000 he'd originally asked for!!), to enable him to pay some bills and keep the wolf from the door.

However, his situation got worse and worse and he ended up (after releasing equity in it to pay people back) losing his house. Now he (and his wife) live in a small (but modern) flat/apartment and pay more in rent than their previous household bills combined!
He was a financial advisor too, we think that he invested in something a little "high risk", but didn't tell the people whose money he was using that they may lose it all, and they did!

Sorry for the hijack Al, but it's not just your family that can get into a debt spiral....
Now if only I can find that £10k for the 159 Q4 that's just appeared for sale up the road.

PS a loose pipe on a boiler can cause a buildup of CO, it's an invisible, silent killer. Especially for 'vunerable' people. <-WARNING, NOT A HINT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_...isoning#Causes

...if wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets...
(Post Link) post #21 of 27 Old 11-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

i may require the assistance of a medical professional to confirm death - i can think of just the person
Nev

NURSE !!!

AO Platinum Member

County: Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
NURSE !!!

A little too close to home pehaps.

Feel for you Al. At least my only issue was that my chavvy ex brother in law only threatened to come and find me a baseball bat

Famiilies in law. Who'd have em?

County: Merseyside
I have a brother in law who whilst living with us at the time, kindly borrow my 147 whilst I was working away. He was 16 at the time, couldnt drive (legally or not) manage to bend it round something I still dont know to this day. For the following 18 months the car crabbed everywhere, got it tracked I dont know how many times, think he twisted the chassis or something as serious. If it wasnt for our wedding being a matter of weeks away I would have killed the little toe rag. Oh and three weeks before the wedding he stole £650 of my wife which was for the cake to bugger off to torquay with his chavvy girlfriend. That was three years ago, havent seen him since, thank god I still want to kill him and the now wife and I still unfortunately argue about him, she defends him slightly as he's her brother, I just bite mt tongue now.

I guess this isn't helping the turbulent mood currently coursing through chez Al?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page