The dangers of wind! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
The dangers of wind!

Every day (well, every week day) I drive 22 miles to work and the same back in the evening.

The motorways become car parks for the periods of time I need to travel, so I use the back roads across country, which is usually enjoyable in my pride and joy.

HOWEVER, after all this weather, it has turned into something of an assault course!

Bits of tree and bush and spikey, scratchy things all sticking out of the verges and hedges trying to scrach the paint. (particularly bad in the dark on the way home).

Large puddles all over the place requiring careful attention, and this morning there was a broken down foreign tourist coach on a small road hidden by large hedges round a blind bend!

And the number of times artics come barrelling down tiny roads which a barely wide enough for two cars is terrifyingly regular these days.

Now, I understand that this is nothing compared to those poor people in Cumbria, but was wondering how many other Alfisti have had to survive more challenging journeys of late?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
Wind is pretty bad i must admit. Even worse for the mrs who is sometimes on the recieving end of mine. i know i know. I'm a naughty horrible disgusting man

County: Surrey
with you 100%; around here during the winter, it's like driving through a scenario specially created to advertise a butch 4wd; twigs swirling everywhere, branches dropping onto the road (they worry me!) the roads greased up by fallen leaves, deep puddles, flooded roads, drains overspilling, high winds, fallen fences...

I almost always wish a I had a little 4x4, like a Subaru Justy, at least for the next few months to pootle about in.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 25-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
I really do wish (this is a proper rant) that the authorities and/or land owners would cut back the hedges and bushes to stop them overhanging the highway!

The number of times that some huge spikey branch projects seems to be alarmingly more and more frequent.

This coupled with the fact the Alfa's paint is about the same thickness and fragility of wet tissue paper does not fill me with confidence about maintaining the cars good looks!

And yes, I am utterly with you about falling sticks! We were out the other day (fortunately in my partner's Corsa) and we heard a tremendous noise on the roof from just such an occurance! Fortunately we were not in Alfa (I would have gone off on one) and she is not so obsessive about Corsa.
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

Member car:

VW Tiguan smoker

Its the council or land owners responsibility to maintain their trees i .e a tree inspection and survey and then carry out any tree works from the report if they don't do any of the above they are liable for damages

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page