People who can't walk in a straight line - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

keithyboy

People who can't walk in a straight line

Why? All you have to do is fix the target you're walking towards and just walk. It's not hard.

Near where I live is a place called Farnworth, and it's the home of what I like to call the Farnworth Walk. The exponent is usually about 40 and wearing tracky bottoms and a sheepskin jacket. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'll have slippers on too. He'll be eating a baked product containing offal and pubic hair purchased from Gregg's even though it's only half ten.

Armed with his steak and pube bake, he will walk down the padestrianised street at a snail's pace. Suddenly, with no warning, he will veer off to the left or right trampling anyone who gets in his way.

In Manchester, it's more subtle. They don't dress the same and they sort of follow an arc along the footpath, starting right at the curb, cutting in to the wall and back out to the curb over about 20 feet. If you're attempting an overtake on the right when they move out, they won't think twice about putting you in front of a bus.

*******s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Peoples inability to walk in a straight line is one of the infuriating things that contributes to me doing the majority of my Christmas shopping on-line these days.
The Trafford Centre, for instance, gets me in a raging mood within about ten minutes of walking through the doors.
AO Platinum Member

County: -
The Farnworth Walk! Seen it myself!

County: Surrey
a pal of mine does that. He veers to the left all the time. It's like his tracking is out on his feet.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyboy View Post
Why? All you have to do is fix the target you're walking towards and just walk. It's not hard.

Near where I live is a place called Farnworth, and it's the home of what I like to call the Farnworth Walk. The exponent is usually about 40 and wearing tracky bottoms and a sheepskin jacket. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'll have slippers on too. He'll be eating a baked product containing offal and pubic hair purchased from Gregg's even though it's only half ten.

Armed with his steak and pube bake, he will walk down the padestrianised street at a snail's pace. Suddenly, with no warning, he will veer off to the left or right trampling anyone who gets in his way.

In Manchester, it's more subtle. They don't dress the same and they sort of follow an arc along the footpath, starting right at the curb, cutting in to the wall and back out to the curb over about 20 feet. If you're attempting an overtake on the right when they move out, they won't think twice about putting you in front of a bus.

*******s.
there all walk like there piggin drunk there, or do an emergancy stop infront of you, or the favourite, stand in the door way for a chat

hate farnworth
roeburndale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa-Red View Post
stand in the door way for a chat
Thats the one that really p1$$es me of..........i like startling them with a very loud & assertive "EXCUSE ME".......made quite a few jump

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
a pal of mine does that. He veers to the left all the time. It's like his tracking is out on his feet.

AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeburndale View Post
Thats the one that really p1$$es me of..........i like startling them with a very loud & assertive "EXCUSE ME".......made quite a few jump
yep, always works

and prams
keithyboy

Whilst we're on the subject of people standing about. Why, when people are waiting for lifts in shopping centres, do they stand 6 inches from the doors and attempt to barge in before anyone else can get out? I can cope with them being too ****ing idle to use the stairs but give the poor sod with the pram/wheelchair who needs the lift a chance to escape FFS.

AO Platinum Member

County: Fareham, Hants
My direction can be adjusted randomly depending on how pretty the female is.

County: Shropshire
You are lucky, try it in a supermarket (with a trolley!)

Homicide is but a pause in front of the beans aisle away.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
We've got one in the office that just seems to have no spacial awareness when it comes to walking along a route together, it doesn't seem to matter which side he starts on.... he just manages to somehow walk you over to the other side
AO Platinum Member

County: Fareham, Hants
Supermarkets have online shopping. Much more civilised than walking about with a trolley. Or Mrs LR goes on her own. I hate supermarkets with a passion.
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

MiTo 155 Veloce

The Farnworth Walk
...................Classic!.................

I live on the edge of Farnworth, but rarely go into the (cough) 'centre', but next time I do I'll be sure to look out for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Le Rosso View Post
Supermarkets have online shopping. Much more civilised than walking about with a trolley. Or Mrs LR goes on her own. I hate supermarkets with a passion.
I agree Supermarket shopping is a PIA, though I find if Mrs D does the shopping solo the bill is generally twice as much as when I dare to accompany her
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_D View Post
The Farnworth Walk
...................Classic!.................

I live on the edge of Farnworth, but rarely go into the (cough) 'centre', but next time I do I'll be sure to look out for this
where abouts? i never seem to stop in farnworth, just a through road to bolton for me
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

MiTo 155 Veloce

Quote:
where abouts?
Entering from the Kearsley roundabout, second right after the town hall, first left, all the way down to the bottom, turn right..........

Actually no where near there, but you can see it from St Peters Way if you're travelling towards Bolton. The first [I think] bridge after the first speed camera, look left where there is an opening in the trees and you might see a red mito

Quote:
i never seem to stop in farnworth, just a through road to bolton for me
Probably best to keep it that way
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_D View Post
Entering from the Kearsley roundabout, second right after the town hall, first left, all the way down to the bottom, turn right..........

Actually no where near there, but you can see it from St Peters Way if you're travelling towards Bolton. The first [I think] bridge after the first speed camera, look left where there is an opening in the trees and you might see a red mito

Probably best to keep it that way
cool ill keep an eye out in the morning then

mrs works in bolton
Mymatemarmite

Some of these random walkers appear to be distantly related to Rene Arnoux....For those not into pre Hamilton F1 racing, this was a French guy who would litteraly block your every attempt to pass.....many old folk and general idiots enjoy this tactic in Torquay

AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

RénoLaGünah

I find it most entertaining to just keep on walking in my planned route and bounce off said malingerer.
They turn around to give a mouthful and kak themselves when they realise the target for thier abuse is a 20 stone 6'4" rugby player who grunts at them and keeps going as if nowt happened. They should learn from the experience and be safer pedestrians in future.

I find it most satisfying when a group of lads block a doorway and I pass through as if they don't exist.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkywills1 View Post
Some of these random walkers appear to be distantly related to Rene Arnoux....For those not into pre Hamilton F1 racing, this was a French guy who would litteraly block your every attempt to pass.....many old folk and general idiots enjoy this tactic in Torquay
aye Rene vs Gilles in Dijon, not even for the lead, but want of the best battles ever

propper racing

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page