The Keys to the Future... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Vaud
The Keys to the Future...

A local TV station have managed to land a two hours TV presentation where they can tell you your 'future'
They charge GBP 2.70 a MINUTE for you to call in and give you advice that most normal people could work out for themselves.
Before answering your call they ask for your date of birth and why you are calling.
Just overheard them telling a poor girl worrying for her father who's just knocked somebody over on the street in his car, that nothing serious like jail will come into the equation but rather a serious reprimand...... All this while making sure to make you wait and pushing cards around on a table in front of them and writing numbers down on a sheet of paper full of smiles etc.
There should be a law in this country against this kind of swindling. You can hear that its mostly foreigners and old people who call in for comfort.
The way they pull information from them and then turn it round to make it sound as if they are actually telling them something personal about themselves "out of the blue" sends me round the bend.
I'm sure it won't be allowed to go on for very long, but still; these kind of people who can look at you straight in the face smiling while ripping you off for GBP 2.70 a MINUTE make me physically sick.
I really feel for the people who call in, and would love to have their adresses to write to to tell them that their being swindled. I guess they only realise when they see their phone bills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

0of0

There's too much of this kind of thing allowed - it's preys on the weak / needy / ignorant

mikebrown

i would love to take a trip to this studio and take a fecking flame thrower to it....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page