o/t. i phone app craze..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 64 Old 23-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

o/t. i phone app craze.....

not got a clue and too much money???? there's an app for that.... itchy bum and hands full of shiny new apple tat, there's an app for that etc. drives me up the wall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

I have a work iPhone 3GS. It makes and receives calls and text messages as well as reading and sending my emails perfectly, syncs seamlessly with my Google account for contacts and calendars and allows me to listen to all my CDs perfectly and with a brilliant interface.

Is there an app for that?
No. There doesn't need to be - it's all built in.
(Post Link) post #3 of 64 Old 24-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

realising that someone is just poking fun at the apple fanboys....maybe there is an app for......oh no there isn't is there. c'mon mate.
AO Silver Member

County: Berlin
One of the most overhyped products of all time. They start by releasing a pointless 2G device, which costs a grand, then charge another grand for the 3G version, which should have been released in the first place! Then it's the same cost again for obvious missing features in the 3GS! Unbelievable how the same people who compalin about Microsoft seem to think this smug behaviour is suddenly OK when it comes from Apple. Always hyping their products, claiming features are new (wow, it has GPS now - only about 3 years after everyone else ). Now they're being sued by Nokia for infringing their patents.

And, yes, there are far too many dumb apps for the iPhone.

Everybody stay calm. Don't panic. It's just the end of the world. It'll be all right, as long as we all keep chanting.
paintergirl

I've had to buy a truck load of applications for my Windows smartphone to make it even half as good as the standard iPhone.

AO Gold Member

County: Hertfordshire
Never used one, as it's never appealed to me. To be perfectly honest, I have nothing positive or negative to say about the iPhone, different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Just thought I'd check in and say hi, really.

Indifference toward Apple products... Is there an app for that?
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintergirl View Post
I've had to buy a truck load of applications for my Windows smartphone to make it even half as good as the standard iPhone.
Well what you should have done was bought a symbian one then

I hear Android is good too though I haven't tried it.
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

symbian terrible phone OS imho of course
keithyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan166 View Post
Never used one, as it's never appealed to me. To be perfectly honest, I have nothing positive or negative to say about the iPhone, different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Just thought I'd check in and say hi, really.

Indifference toward Apple products... Is there an app for that?
Several I should imagine.

I have a Samsung something phone. Not only can I send texts with it but I can actually ring people up too, it's incredible.

My wife likes going in the apple shop and playing with the toys. She was really impressed with the iphone. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was actually impressed with an ipod touch.

AO Member

Member car:

MiTo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineOneSix View Post
symbian terrible phone OS imho of course
It's certainly not magnificent but it combined with the devices it's available for gives you a lot more than you get from an iPhone.
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

GQV and Brera V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post

I have a work iPhone 3GS. It makes and receives calls and text messages as well as reading and sending my emails perfectly, syncs seamlessly with my Google account for contacts and calendars and allows me to listen to all my CDs perfectly and with a brilliant interface.

Is there an app for that?
No. There doesn't need to be - it's all built in.
What?......you can listen to CD's on your Iphone?
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

GQV and Brera V6

Samsung for me too. Have the thinnest phone in the world which does everything you might want to do with a phone. Its also a stylish little thing which people still coo at.

You don't get that with the Iphone!
(Post Link) post #13 of 64 Old 24-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

ohhh think i started something here lol. me? hacked n96 free everything. i think the general rule of thumb is....jap/korean, touch screen a rama mega mega pixel crap lens, american, backwards, always 5 yrs behind due to networks. euro everything you need, good mp good lens, no app ads thank fook! no contest.
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1997 View Post
Samsung for me too. Have the thinnest phone in the world which does everything you might want to do with a phone. Its also a stylish little thing which people still coo at.

You don't get that with the Iphone!
the iPhone is so much more then a phone though, it's basically a small computer running unix i think the iphone even has 600Mhz processor (well the new one) size... who care coolness, who cares. practicality deffo I won't stop using iphones now as I can't see anything that is as good
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo

It's no "more than a phone" than any other smart phone and if all you need is a phone everything else is superfluous.
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

never used or seen a smart phone that works as well as it though, it has more tech inside then any other smart phone too, for example it has an inbuilt compass, fully functioning compass which then interacts with the google maps an orientates the map to the way your facing, which has helped me many times that's just an example

County: Surrey
Am i alone in just not understanding what there is to be impressed by a mobile phone? What is it that's so profound about it? Are we investing too much energy and interest into something that, ultimately, isn't all that important?

I understand that ethos behind the iPhone; unlike other mobiles, it's not trying to port the landline experience onto a mobile...it's a mobile computing experience instead, which happens to offer a mobile phone function. Cool, ok, this is cool and very nice...but, in the great scheme of things, I can't help but feel a 'and so what?' attitude toward the iPhone. Nice i'm sure it is, I just don't understand what's so profound about it that makes people run their lives by it. It's a phone.

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire
I am permanently glued to my iPhone, I bask in it's hypnotic excellence. I am completely addicted to Worms, fantastic game...

It's just a fantastic entertainment system. The boredom it has saved me from over the past year or two... Sitting in waiting rooms, airports etc... Saves me from having stacks of CD's in the car too... Epic phone win!
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
an ipod touch with phone function, woooooow. dont impress me sorry

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewaudi View Post
I am permanently glued to my iPhone, I bask in it's hypnotic excellence. I am completely addicted to Worms, fantastic game...

It's just a fantastic entertainment system. The boredom it has saved me from over the past year or two... Sitting in waiting rooms, airports etc... Saves me from having stacks of CD's in the car too... Epic phone win!
i hear where you're coming from, but in my experiences of waiting rooms and airports, you're only moments away from surreal experiences and conversations with loons or lovely people. By tuning in, aren't you tuning out? I've posted here many mad incidents that have occurred while i've been killing time at airports and the randomness of amusing human intervention..i'm not sure these things can happen when you cancel out the outside world and slip into an isolated world of your own
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

each to their own, to me really it's the first phone that hasn't had probs since I stopped using my nokia 6310i I just like the features
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

MiTo 155 Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintergirl View Post
Check out xdadevelopers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rome View Post
One of the most overhyped products of all time. They start by releasing a pointless 2G device, which costs a grand, then charge another grand for the 3G version, which should have been released in the first place! Then it's the same cost again for obvious missing features in the 3GS! Unbelievable how the same people who compalin about Microsoft seem to think this smug behaviour is suddenly OK when it comes from Apple. Always hyping their products, claiming features are new (wow, it has GPS now - only about 3 years after everyone else ).
Agreed
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

actually the 3G version was free as was the 3Gs, only the 2G cost alot (which I did pay for and still have) but the other 2 are subsidised by O2.
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
i hear where you're coming from, but in my experiences of waiting rooms and airports, you're only moments away from surreal experiences and conversations with loons or lovely people. By tuning in, aren't you tuning out? I've posted here many mad incidents that have occurred while i've been killing time at airports and the randomness of amusing human intervention..i'm not sure these things can happen when you cancel out the outside world and slip into an isolated world of your own
Waiting room in the health centre the other morning was empty... Going for a blood test, dunno who they were with that took so long, but there wasn't another soul there, saved me from epic boredom.

Now not wanting to go down the toilet humour route, but how many iPhone users go to do their business and finish to find dents in their knees?

The iPhone has substituted the newspaper in the loo... You can get far more up to date information on the internet than in any paper.

I know that GPS isn't a new feature, but Google Maps is kept well up to date, and it's found me a pub or two that I had no idea existed, including a midweek meet one on Thursday...
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

MiTo 155 Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewaudi View Post
Now not wanting to go down the toilet humour route, but how many iPhone users go to do their business and finish to find dents in their knees?
You're right, it's not funny kneeling on the toilet

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page