Dissapointed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 21-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Dissapointed

Driving Home a few nights ago i caught site of a Black Brera, when i caught up with it the driver decided that his car was better than mine, a GT. In his head race on! he immediately pulled in behind me and at the next opportunity then undertook me and pulled back into the outside lane.

At the next roundabout i had moved into the inside lane which leads to the motorway he then came thundering around the roundabout and cut me up, i was not bothered, but it was dissapointing to see an Alfa being driven by one who practices self abuse.

The car was displaying a private plate AR53HLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

CuriousOrange

See you on the road SKAG ............

AO Silver Member

Are you sure it wasn't a BMW in disguise?
(Post Link) post #4 of 21 Old 22-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Defo not a BMW, The Brera is a cracking car, i would have bought one but my two kids would not fit in the back.

Racing is fine on the right roads not going through the Clyde Tunnel / M8 in rush hour.

I run a TVR and attend track days so i know how to drive, i could wipe most peoples arses in my mothers Mini.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabies View Post
i could wipe most peoples arses in my mothers Mini.
Does your mother know ?
AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Quote:

The car was displaying a private plate AR53HLE
(Post Link) post #7 of 21 Old 23-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

The AR53 HLE was a sad joke as you are not allowed to swear or otherwise on this rant room, AR53 = **** you can guess the rest. My mother is away on her holidays, so she wont ever know if the car has been given a run out, a mini cooper s, what a fantastic drive, maybe some take this rant too seriously.

The Brera did have a private plate on it and it was being driven by a ******, **** it i may as well go for the whole nine yards, the **** behind the wheel looked like a total ****in tosspot does not deserve to drive a class car, he did not appreciate the brand, my wife drives a 156 so what if its old its still an Alfa and i once had an Alfa Sud, any way rant over
sirwiggum

So anyone who rags their Alfa and didn't have a Sud doesn't appreciate the brand?

AO Gold Member

County: Hertfordshire
Quote:
The AR53 HLE was a sad joke as you are not allowed to swear or otherwise on this rant room, AR53 = **** you can guess the rest. My mother is away on her holidays, so she wont ever know if the car has been given a run out, a mini cooper s, what a fantastic drive, maybe some take this rant too seriously.

The Brera did have a private plate on it and it was being driven by a ******, **** it i may as well go for the whole nine yards, the **** behind the wheel looked like a total ****in tosspot does not deserve to drive a class car, he did not appreciate the brand, my wife drives a 156 so what if its old its still an Alfa and i once had an Alfa Sud, any way rant over
Dude! Breathe!

Unfortunately, to55ers drive all sorts of cars... Even Alfas. We all just have to move on as best we can and get on with our lives, I'm afraid.
(Post Link) post #10 of 21 Old 23-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Phew!!!! iam breathing again, you guys are 100% correct even knob jockeys drive Alfas, there must be a way to prevent this type of focker buying into this special brand.
sirwiggum

Quote:
Phew!!!! iam breathing again, you guys are 100% correct even knob jockeys drive Alfas, there must be a way to prevent this type of focker buying into this special brand.
Psychometric testing before you can start the car.
The sat nav displays the test, and should your personality be undesirable, it will not start.

Would make a cracking deterrent for car thieves too!

CuriousOrange

Agree the mini cooper s a good car, had a little fun with one a few weeks ago, straight acceleration not a lot in it though he did me (just) after a long straight run; not a lot in it though

AO Gold Member

County: Conwy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
he did me (just) after a long straight run; not a lot in it though
About 6"
(Post Link) post #14 of 21 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

The Cooper holds the road like glue, if only my mother knew how it gets blasted when she is not around. It is now safely washed, cleaned and parked back in her garage for her return from holiday on Saturday.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
The Cooper holds the road like glue, if only my mother knew how it gets blasted when she is not around. It is now safely washed, cleaned and parked back in her garage for her return from holiday on Saturday.
Good skills!

I saw some video on one of these police camera / your knicked type programs.
Some undesirables stole a 156 not the best get away car, a few speed bumps later (every real alfa driver knows what happens over speed bumps to 156's) bits were falling off, then it burst into flames ... end of chase.
Obviously the car knew the drivers were not of the right type and committed suicide rather than tar the alfa drivers name.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchaisty View Post
I saw some video on one of these police camera / your knicked type programs.
Some undesirables stole a 156 not the best get away car, a few speed bumps later (every real alfa driver knows what happens over speed bumps to 156's) bits were falling off, then it burst into flames ... end of chase.
Obviously the car knew the drivers were not of the right type and committed suicide rather than tar the alfa drivers name.
Quite right too.

Everyone knows that the best getaway car is the MkII Astra. They'll take more abuse than a Las Vegas hooker and are fabulous off road.

The thieves were clearly muppets.

I quite enjoy having a dice with other cars, especially other alfa's.

It always goes down relatively safely though and you usually show each other respect (I say usually as you always get the unavoidable **** in a corsa or mondeo that doesn't give up and goes for the dodgy over take when he finally catches back up ).

I back off before too high a speed though as I can feel my licence flapping in my slipstream.
I value my licence too much.
I usually find other cars are fast on the straights in terms of outright speed but slow into , around and out of roundabouts, usually take them on the exit but then lose them as the coast past me at in excess of national limits.
AO Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchaisty View Post
I back off before too high a speed though as I can feel my licence flapping in my slipstream.
I value my licence too much.
I usually find other cars are fast on the straights in terms of outright speed but slow into , around and out of roundabouts, usually take them on the exit but then lose them as the coast past me at in excess of national limits.
I think part of that is probably down to those who think they are speed freaks but can't handle anything beyond a straight line.
(Post Link) post #21 of 21 Old 01-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

A Monkey could drive a car in a straight line, no skill in that whatsoever!

Its the lads in the three cylinder Corsas that make you laugh, they constantly burn out their alternators with the amount of electrical bits they add on to their two bob rockets. Or the big bore exhausts that sound good but on acceleration the car goes nowhere fast.

Try racing down the rest and be thankful road in Argyll that will test your skill as a driver, a fantastic road with awesome scenery. The true test is avoiding the sheep that sleep in the middle of the road.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page