Deliveries - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 02-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
Deliveries

my main laptop has been off to the repairers for the last few days - they're sending it back via DPD today - delivery time will be any time between 7am and 8pm

so they expect me to make sure that somebody will be at home for 13 hours on a working day. surely these delivery companies have the intelligence and technology these days to be able to give SOME kind of approx delivery time????

i tell you what though, it's catching - i sold something on ebay the other day and the buyer was coming to collect it from my house, they said 'we'll come on saturday, sometime between 1pm and 5pm' - cheeky barstewards. told them they'd have to give me a definite time or i couldn't promise i'd be in. they said 3pm, then turned up at 2pm. am i being picky or do some people really need their heads banging against a brick wall?

- Keepin' it moist -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: -
DPD delivered my new Blackberry at 730 this morning!!!

(Post Link) post #3 of 15 Old 02-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
DPD delivered my new Blackberry at 730 this morning!!!

send the buggers over 'ere i need to go out

The AA use a txt system where they give you a txt when they're on their way (I found this out yesterday). A bit pointless because it's not like your going anywhere.

I can't see why a delivery company the size of DPD can't do the same??
(Post Link) post #5 of 15 Old 02-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

they send a text alright, at 7am this morning saying we're coming any time between now and 8pm. the drivers obviously have their schedules mapped out for the day, surely it can't be that difficult to communicate this to the poor sods waiting in at home all day only for the bloody thing to arrive at 7.55pm

Thats more useless than the AA then.
AO Member

County: Cheshire
It's fair enough trying 2 pm if the agreed time is 3 pm, so long as they are prepared to wait the hour if you're out, or...what were you doing at 2.00 pm that couldn't be disturbed?
sirwiggum

Shambles. Half the time it's easier to miss the delivery and nip round the depot!

v6hughes

as consumers we should demand better customer service and no longer put up with it

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwiggum View Post
Shambles. Half the time it's easier to miss the delivery and nip round the depot!
Exactly what I do with nearly every delivery which comes to our house.
Nev

Send it to work.

sirwiggum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Send it to work.
I do that sometimes, but sometimes they request that the card address == delivery address, or they try to deliver it on a Saturday or on some non-uk bank holiday day off when the office is closed. Or they claim they can't find our office.

keithyboy

Even British Gas give you a call a half hour before they are turning up these days. If that useless shower can do it, given that they have to deal with breakdowns and things where they don't necessarily know how long the job will take, I don't see why delivery vans can't.

In the past I've had phone calls saying we've got this delivery, are there any times you won't be there? You say I really need to go out between 12 & 1 and they say fine. You return at 1 to find a card through the door saying we tried to deliver your parcel but you weren't in so we've returned it to our depot in Uzbekistan.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockodile View Post
It's fair enough trying 2 pm if the agreed time is 3 pm, so long as they are prepared to wait the hour if you're out, or...what were you doing at 2.00 pm that couldn't be disturbed?
Dunno about the OP, but sometimes I'm in work during the day? I can grab a quick hour or so to drive home and wait for a delivery, but needing to take a half day annual leave for a parcel seems inconvenient to me
Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
my main laptop has been off to the repairers for the last few days - they're sending it back via DPD today - delivery time will be any time between 7am and 8pm

so they expect me to make sure that somebody will be at home for 13 hours on a working day. surely these delivery companies have the intelligence and technology these days to be able to give SOME kind of approx delivery time????

i tell you what though, it's catching - i sold something on ebay the other day and the buyer was coming to collect it from my house, they said 'we'll come on saturday, sometime between 1pm and 5pm' - cheeky barstewards. told them they'd have to give me a definite time or i couldn't promise i'd be in. they said 3pm, then turned up at 2pm. am i being picky or do some people really need their heads banging against a brick wall?
Wahay a thread that I might be able to help on

With me being a courier, when we 1st to the sub-depot to collect our parcels, we also check to see what we need to collect and it will tell me what. If it's an item like that I would make sure I get to you 1st thing fella

Move down South and your deliverys will always be ontime and quick

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page