Its official, most people are ***ts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 13-08-09 Thread Starter
UMB
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Not Happy Its official, most people are ***ts

[RANT]

You spend days, weeks, even months looking for the right car, you spend money on gas and train tickets to go and see those cars and you spend lots of time researching the car you want to buy. Then, when the Moon is aligned with Uranus and the dandelions are shaking hands with the squirrels, the car you will eventually buy comes up for sale. And thus starts your relationship.

Id like to think that when buying a car, what ever make or model, that in some small way its bought with a little passion, the person buying it prefers it over something else, which makes the purchase an exiting and rewarding one.

So with this in mind and knowing that there are many people out there who take pride in their property and take care not to damage it, or take care not to damage other people’s property with it, it raises a question…

WHY THE FCUK CAN’T PEOPLE TAKE CARE WHEN THEY OPEN THEIR CAR DOORS AND NOT USE MY CAR AS A FCUKING BUMP-STOP!! OR AT THE VERY LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO ADMIT THEY HAVE PUT ANOTHER DENT IN THE CAR WHEN I CONFRONT THEM!!!

I spent 6 hours on Saturday cleaning the car, I even spent 2 hours using a clay bar on it, it was such hard work but was well worth it, I don’t think the car came out of the factory as clean as it was on Saturday.

But then I made the mistake of going out to actually enjoy myself on Sunday, and when coming back to the car I caught the turd who was parked next to me as he examined the silver dent he made with his silver Ford Focus. A dent that , 12 hours earlier, wasn’t there.

I know there isn’t much I can do, the guy denied any wrong doing and subsequently tried to blame me for not parking properly. In a car park that was practically empty and parking the furthest away from the cinema and restaurant, this guy decided to come and park next to me, there where rows up on rows up on rows of empty spaces, but-he-had-to-park-next-to-me.

In the last year alone, I’ve given nearly £150 to 3 people whose cars I’ve accidently hit with my door to put towards dent removal. One occasion I waited 40 minutes for the owner to come back and on another I left my number on the screen.

I'm not after a medal or anything like that, but surely I can’t be the only person to be like that….

Anyway, thanks for reading, I'm off to buy paint stripper and a pack of balloons…

[/RANT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

147 GTA Q2

I feel your pain. Every day I see small marks on mine that are the result of others. They're not big, and you have to look to see them, but I know they exist. But hey, I live in the city, and it’s part of owning a car in the big smoke. The worst thing is to not drive your car because you are too scared of it getting marked.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

i hate women with shopping trolleys who cant control them!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
I did the same thing and waited when I dented someones door with my 156. It made me feel better and the person was very appreciative of my honesty.However I found wing mirrors were an issue with my 155 too. I had two broken in the space of a month. I actually lost it the second time because like you I was parked in an almost empty car park at the other end and they had parked there crappy dented people carrier next to mine and clearly just smashed it off and then tried to push it back in place. I am ashamed to say that when I left that car park the people carrier was also missing a mirror. Not that they probably noticed!!!! And I did feel slightly better.

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
first thing my driving instructor said to me many moons ago when i first got in his car, before he even introduced himself was to say in his thick West country accent "don't trust any other driver. They're all b*stards!" ...made me laugh back then, but unfortunately with age comes the cynacism and an untold amount of careless and untruthful drivers out there have proved him right. Supermarket car parks are a minefield of these people
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Skoda Rapid

I too feel your pain! A few years ago, I watched a woman in a tatty old Focus open her door onto my 147 and get in it making the edge of her door scrape down the side of mine. She showed no remorse and had the cheek to say my car must be made of cheap metal if it dented that easily!

Recently on a holiday trip, we parked up and stopped for lunch in a nearly empty car park. When we went back to the car, a Peugeot had parked beside us and the occupants (Walking types - all shorts, socks and sandals) were looking at a map spread out on the bonnet of MY car

I had only had the GT a few weeks and needless to say, my language and demenour made Mrs Kent68 blush. They really didn't seem to think they were doing anything wrong though. I had to resort to threats of violence to get my point across in the end.

As you say, why are people such ****s? It's basic decency to respect other peoples property.

Was this my first rant on AO?
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by langers View Post
i hate women with shopping trolleys who cant control them!
Supermarket car parks are the stuff of nightmares IMO.
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Should have used his face to make a den in his car!

I know what you mean about parking as far away from anybody and anything to return to find some ****king muppet has parked next to me! Why? Why? There is a whole empty carpark and you have to park next to me Because?!!!!

The missis say its cos we got a nice car, but who knows
sirwiggum

It's because people are inherently SHEEP.

That's why they seek others out for self-security. That's why they go around in flocks, do the same things, buy the same things, wear the same things.

Oh look, someone has parked over there. We can park over there. Park beside them.

AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwiggum View Post
It's because people are inherently SHEEP.

That's why they seek others out for self-security. That's why they go around in flocks, do the same things, buy the same things, wear the same things.

Oh look, someone has parked over there. We can park over there. Park beside them.
Sir I think you have hit the nail on the head
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
my first car was a £300 polo, rusty as hell. Parked up in asda and was sat in the car trying to get the rubbish radio to behave and new merc pulled up and reversed into the space next to me. Just as I was thinking "damn thats a little close" the bloke got out on the car flinging his door into mine.

I jumped out yelling at him, and his response was "well, what are you doing to do"

I turned back to my rusty polo and flung the drivers door into his, not only leave a scratch, but a dent also, while he was watching and he just walked off.

Damaged my car at the time, but god damn it was worth it.

NORM : 2nd in command

3rd on the Git list

(Post Link) post #12 of 27 Old 13-08-09 Thread Starter
UMB
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Thanks for the replys guys. as i said not much i can do except vent at anyone and everyone for a couple of days, and then find out how much it will cost to repair, then vent for a few more daya...

As my dad says. if you have a nice car, people will thing you are rich, and when they damage it, all they will think is "...pah! if they can afford a car like that, they can afford to repair it..."

never a truer word said i think!

cheers
AO Gold Member

County: Conwy
I remember in the first week on having the 166 I was in the Gym. The cross trainer was parked right in front of the window, so powering away whilst admiring my lovley new bella I was mortified to some shister filing out an application form on the boot of my car (jaw dropped). I shouted out the window to him and he had the cheek to say he'll be finished in a moment (jaw dropped again). I told him to fill his form out on his fecking boot!. You just wouldn't believe the cheek of some people!

155 2.0TS Super 166 2.5 V6 156 2.0 JTS Turismo

PS3: Jipper
XBL: Darth Dionysus
sirwiggum

I find when I park the GTV up away from the door, when I come back, boy racers in Corsas have congregated round it.

It annoys me when they lean against it chatting with their pals.

AO Silver Member

County: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMB View Post
I caught the turd who was parked next to me as he examined the silver dent he made with his silver Ford Focus...the guy denied any wrong doing and subsequently tried to blame me for not parking properly.
Sounds like a good slapping was in order
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
i came out of tesco's a few weeks ago and some dirty scrote was sat on the bonnet of my car, talking to his mates. i blipped the doors open and he looked around, all startled. then as i got closer he gave ME a dirty look how dare i blip my locks open whilst he's relaxing on my car

i pulled into the petrol station and lo and behold there he was at the pump in front of me in his old mondeo. i was gonna just go and take a seat on his bonnet but there was about 4 big blokes in the car so thought better of it

and don't get me started on people using my car as a bump-stop for their doors. twice i've caught people red-handed doing it, and on both occasions it's ME who's got the abuse from THEM luckily it was women both times, otherwise violence would have ensued

- Keepin' it moist -
AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire
Just stab the lot of them.

Or crush their heads in the door jams.

Sorted.

Last edited by Hamster; 13-08-09 at 21:49.

County: Oxfordshire
Take his number and claim on his insurance, or report it to the police.

If he bumped your car whilst it was moving you would, so why not when it was parked?
AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Alfasud, 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoHamster View Post

Sorted.
makes sense, i mean your not going to be able to park a car anywhere so that people can damage it because you'll be in prison.
more top quality advice on alfaowner.com
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfapud View Post
makes sense, i mean your not going to be able to park a car anywhere so that people can damage it because you'll be in prison.
more top quality advice on alfaowner.com
AO Gold Member

County: Conwy
Quote:

Sorted.
Yeah, in a Snatch styleeeee
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icheb View Post
Yeah, in a Snatch styleeeee
that's the one!

(It's amazing how much clearer my level of compassion is with a dislocated finger )
AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Alfasud, 33

someone may now want to mention that alfaowner.com is in no way affiliated with dojohamsters murderous intent
AO Platinum Member

Quote:

Sorted.
**This post is entirely of my own opinion, and is not to be taken as advice for anyone who is troubled by other common folk having no respect and making your car look like a 20 year old washing machine. It is not endorsed by Alfaowner.com, but if they want to, fair shout **
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
The basic rules of engagement in supermarket car parks are never park next to:-

Cars that are dented, extremely dirty or just total sheds - their owners clearly have no pride in their motor and aren't arsed about pranging it. Prime candidates for scuffing your bumpers or opening their doors onto your car.

People carriers or obvious family cars - child seats are always the give away. Don't want some oblivious child banging his door against your car, or some careless parent leaning into their motor to strap their little one into his baby booster whilst their door swings open onto your car.

Old people - they generally seem to need several metres of open door space to safely board or alight from their Micras.

The hugely obese - they also need plenty of room to ooze into or out of their motors.

If a space looks like a squeeze I always avoid it, as whilst I take car to slide carefully in and out, someone else may not.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page