My journey home last night (3 rants in 1) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

My journey home last night (3 rants in 1)

I normally have an uneventful journey home, rush hour traffic, occasional overtaking moment.
Yesterday, while wanting to get home for a lovely anniversary meal, was slightly different.
Immediately on leaving work was some plonker who didn't know which lane he wanted to sit on to enter a roundabout so decided to use both!

A little further on was a stretch of road with a 50 limit, dual carriageway, again someone driving at 40 in the outside lane!. After deciding to pass on the inside he decides to finally move into the inside lane without indicating. (please no lectures about undertaking, this is my rant)

Then, and this is the biggest ****er, two tractors holding up a queue of traffic, one turns off, the other proceeds for 12 miles with a queue of traffic at speeds of between 35 and 40 on an NSL road, passing numberous lay-byes. When I get to a point that I can pass him, he's on some kind of freaking radio. If I hadn't had somewhere to go I would have followed him to where he was going and probably shouted at him from inside my car.

Not only did my 50 minute journey take 1hr 15mins, but when I got home, the wife hadn't put a bottle of fizz in the fridge. Made up with that mistake with a nice meal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

This morning there was a JCB all the way to work, doing a maximum of 20mph on an NSL road. I believe they're legally compelled to turn into lay-bys or similar if they build up more than a few cars behind them, but this chump must have had 50 or more.
As a pointer to the size of queue he had created, I was in it for at least five miles, and still hadn't got to the point of being the car right behind him when I turned off.

And as if annoyance at him being a tool wasn't enough, it also depressed me to see how badly it showed up the general driving of everyone else. The vast majority driving absolutely nose to tail, and having therefore to slam on the anchors every time there was any change in speed at the front, causing a massive concertina effect. And people who, despite the fact that they're going nowhere anyway, will not under any circumstances let someone at a crossroads go across to the other side. Unaware, or selfish? I think probably both.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
bobster

This sort of thing puzzles me, you get a large slow moving truck/tractor that its impossible to see around & the cars in front ALWAYS get right up its backside so its impossible to see around . So after a few suicidal attempts to overtake they give up, why not just hang back 4 car lengths & wait for an opprtunity to overtake in a controlled way? #
If a car appears as you are overtaking you will have enough space to drop behind the tractor ?
Not hard , just no patience etc

AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

C30

Tractor going over 20 mph... he will lose his license going that fast...seriously
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
This sort of thing puzzles me, you get a large slow moving truck/tractor that its impossible to see around & the cars in front ALWAYS get right up its backside so its impossible to see around . So after a few suicidal attempts to overtake they give up, why not just hang back 4 car lengths & wait for an opprtunity to overtake in a controlled way?
Because some other **** will come flying up past you and deposit himself in that gap.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page