2 wheels on pavement!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 17-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk
Madness 2 wheels on pavement!!!!

Why O why do some people park their vehicles half on pavement and half on road?? They leave so little room on the pavement that I have to walk on the BL**%$Y road to get past!! It doesn't even help with traffic flow because there is still so much of the vehicle left on the road that only one other vehicle can pass anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

K9d
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
I walk on the pavement and if I "accidently" smash into their mirror that is a terrible shame.
When my kids were little used to use their pushchairs like Bodiceas chariot down the side of the car.
sirwiggum

You have to sometimes in my street as it's very busy, cars parked on both sides.

Not me being a git, just trying to get parked at home. Sorry for not having a driveway / garage.

Nev

SOP here, especially tourists

K9d
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwiggum View Post
You have to sometimes in my street as it's very busy, cars parked on both sides.

Not me being a git, just trying to get parked at home. Sorry for not having a driveway / garage.
Can understand in that situation, I get plenty outside my house who just cant park
Plenty of space but they are just too stuuupid
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands
is the verge OK?

one benefit of doing so is no dog mess outside my house, (although I have seen one dog **** its leg up my alloys )

blimey, can't I evan say c-o-c-k in the correct context, time for a rant

Last edited by purple145; 19-07-09 at 18:21. Reason: swear filter making my post unintelligable....
AO Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple145 View Post
is the verge OK?

one benefit of doing so is no dog mess outside my house, (although I have seen one dog **** its leg up my alloys )

Ever get the feeling you can't win sometimes?

The ones that bug me are those who have a driveway but there is a grass verge between the road and the footpath, so they park on the bit of driveway outside their drive gates blocking the whole of the verge and footpath so to get past you have to go on the road or cross over. One road near me is notorious for it, at least half a dozen cars do this and there's a school across the road.
Darren156

Down my little cul de sac I often park slightly on the pavement, but it's not a raised pavement and it's right outside my house and the road is narrow. So I do it. Job done.

AO Silver Member

I'm afraid I too am guilty of this heinous crime - but in all fairness the path is very wide (I can fit down it more than comfortably) and I pop my wing mirrors away.

I'm not posh enough for a drive or garage
AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

RénoLaGünah

I often park 2 wheels up but I always leave enough room on the path for a pram or poor person walking with shopping.

Not everyone was given common sense though and you see muppets parked like the car dropped out of the sky. I like to think that I consider the path/road users and try to help out both by taking up a bit less road without blocking anyone.
AO Member

County: Aberdeen
It does my nut in people who park on the pavement, especially those who are too lazy to walk the extra distance to their house by parking where there is plenty of space as if they have some sort of special licence that allows them to use the pavement as their own special parking space. I have moved on from shouting at people and leaving notes to taking the point of view that if its on the pavement then it is part of the pavement and have been known to walk over cars to prove the point - usually having walked in mud or dog poo (another rant altogether would you like it if I went to the loo outside your house?) so the lazy barsteward of a dirver gets the point when they return to their cars. Drivers don't like it when pedestrians wander onto the road so they should stay off the pedestrians pavement.
gazza12345

I live near a football pitch, and every sunday when there is a match everybody parks on the path (covering the whole path).

This always abstructs me, so one day i drove down there and parked in the middle and blocked both lanes in both directions blocking a busy road.
i was advised by a community lieasion officer to move my car before it got towed away, so i advised her to have all the cars parked on the pavement towed away aswel.

45 minutes later a tow truck pulls up (presumibly to tow my car away) but the road was so busy that he couldnt get near my car with his truck.

And neither could all the people on the path move their car because of grid lock...............RESULT

K9d
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza12345 View Post
I live near a football pitch, and every sunday when there is a match everybody parks on the path (covering the whole path).

This always abstructs me, so one day i drove down there and parked in the middle and blocked both lanes in both directions blocking a busy road.
i was advised by a community lieasion officer to move my car before it got towed away, so i advised her to have all the cars parked on the pavement towed away aswel.

45 minutes later a tow truck pulls up (presumibly to tow my car away) but the road was so busy that he couldnt get near my car with his truck.

And neither could all the people on the path move their car because of grid lock...............RESULT
I like your style
AO Member

As long as there is a decent amount of room to get past I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I don't get why people park on the footpath when there is no need to do so but it's never particularly bothered me as long as pedestrians have room.
AO Silver Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza12345 View Post

You are a god among mere mortals. Much respect. That's bloody genius
AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

RénoLaGünah

Quote:
Originally Posted by madyak View Post
It does my nut in people who park on the pavement, especially those who are too lazy to walk the extra distance to their house by parking where there is plenty of space as if they have some sort of special licence that allows them to use the pavement as their own special parking space. I have moved on from shouting at people and leaving notes to taking the point of view that if its on the pavement then it is part of the pavement and have been known to walk over cars to prove the point - usually having walked in mud or dog poo (another rant altogether would you like it if I went to the loo outside your house?) so the lazy barsteward of a dirver gets the point when they return to their cars. Drivers don't like it when pedestrians wander onto the road so they should stay off the pedestrians pavement.
Perhaps a slightly extreme approach you got there.
Needless to say my placid nature would go out the window if I found someone trecking across my Alfa. That said.... I don't dump it on the path, and its only ever for a minute or two.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
I used to live on a street that was jam packed with cars and the only way you could park due to the width was on the pavement leaving just enough room for a pram or single file pedestrians on the pavement so cars could drive down the street.
Unregistered

County: Antrim

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Personally i park with all my wheels on the pavement because i'm sick of having my wingmirros clipped. When anyone complains saying that the pavements are for people, not cars! I just shout back "BUT MY CAR HAS SOUL ACCORDING TO THE INTERNET!"

Usually they walk off after that.
0of0

Hate it too - footpaths = pedestrians - road = vehicles - get the astreisk off!

Good rant

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Depending on how wide the road is depends whether I do the 2 up 2 down but when I do I always make sure there's enough room for a wheelchair or pushchair to get thru.
Smallville

I have to park outside my house, and park half on half off.

You do get some people make a comment but I just don't care!!!

AO Member

County: West Midlands
I'm afraid I'm guilty but only when one car is on the drive. We live opposite a junction and a wave of the older kids have suddenly all started driving and like to hare round the streets so I like to keep the junction as clear as possible. I make sure there is plenty of room for people to walk past (single file though) and room for a pushchair (as I've had to walk round cars plenty of times with the pushchair) even though I know there are no pushchairs in the cul de sac end of the road.

I hate people parking on the pavement but am guilty of it myself

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page