Stuff made in china - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 14-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands
Stuff made in china

why is it always such utter crap?

just sat on the bog and the hinge to the seat snapped, its only 3 or 4 years old.

I knew I should have not listened to mrs P and bought the version made from mighty English oak for £5 more, and now the DIY shops are shut as it's just gone 8pm. again

I may be the heaviest in the house, but 16st is not too excessive, I am only on the overweight bit on BMI scale so it must be due to the rubbish quality metal they use rather than getting an excessive pounding from my ar5e.

So who should I be mad at, the Chinese culture of making inferior products or UK manufacturers for shippiing production out there in the first place, or mrs purple for being influenced by cosmetic frippary over funtion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HSTDriver

As a certified geek, I must say that since Hornby moved lock stock and barrel to China, Scalextric and Hornby railways quality has improved beyond recognition.

But bog seats? Meh.

Unregistered

County: Antrim

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
As a certified geek, I must say that since Hornby moved lock stock and barrel to China, Scalextric and Hornby railways quality has improved beyond recognition.

But bog seats? Meh.
Ah how i miss my Horby Train-set, I used to throw my box of lego on the track to create a mountain then use the Flying Scotmans to punch a hole thru it at hi speed.

I recently gave all my trains and track to my mothers boyfriends young son and it was one of the hardest things i've ever done.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Blame Mrs P ...
AO Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

2.0TS 156 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple145 View Post

just sat on the bog and the hinge to the seat snapped, its only 3 or 4 years old.

I knew I should have not listened to mrs P and bought the version made from mighty English oak for £5 more, and now the DIY shops are shut as it's just gone 8pm. again

I may be the heaviest in the house, but 16st is not too excessive, I am only on the overweight bit on BMI scale so it must be due to the rubbish quality metal they use rather than getting an excessive pounding from my ar5e.

So who should I be mad at, the Chinese culture of making inferior products or UK manufacturers for shippiing production out there in the first place, or mrs purple for being influenced by cosmetic frippary over funtion?

Is that you Mr Prescott?

County: Oxfordshire
A large percentage of Chinese made stuff is made absolutely as cheaply as possible and this is indeed carp.

Some of it is not too bad though. Some major manufacturers get stuff made there, and it is ok. I just bought an Alpine Stereo that was made in China, but the quality as you would expect from alpine is very good.

That there hinge was made from a recycled sardine tin obviously...

Ralf S.
AO Platinum Member

County: herts
The missus travelled into central London to a would you believe a toilet seat library, to get the exact replacement for the one that had cracked after someone? had stood on it. The suite is a Visions in Lemon coloured one, which we don't want to change for a white more modern version as it doesn't show 'tide' marks so readily.
Nev

It's not.

I doubt you would classify Apple, Nokia etc as "crap".

HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post

I would classify Apple as "crap".

Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
My point is it's no better or worse than any other brand.

Apart from maybe Amstrad.

Stuff made in Japan used to be concidered garbage.
As did thing made in Taiwan.
And Korea.

Yet everyone uses products from these countries
and China now manufactures to tgese levels too.

0of0

This is kind of pointless throw away garbage that is prolly assisting in affecting the climate (shipping pollution included etc)

A fine example was a daft egg-timer that some-one brought us back from the USA - made in China obviously - the fecking thing wasn't even timed correctly

What is the point of manufacturing such a useless 'nick-nack' to have it travel around the globe when it is not even a nice looking ornament? :wall:

Nev

It's kipple to fill up space in cargo holds

0of0

Mebee just ballast

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Well I know it's hardly top rated but her Cyber Shot is Chinese manufactured, as is this Medion Laptop, as is the Dynoscan Diag thingie I think? All seem to work OK, but I do have a problem with some of those Chinese plastic covered electrical leads which just have a mind of their own, and worm and squirm all over the place! Makes no difference if they are cold or hot either!!
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

156, RX7

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple145 View Post

It could be worse! I got quite a nasty injury from a wooden type seat before, the actual seat split (I was about 8 stone at the time so no comments please) and trapped some skin meaning I was stuck there in pain until someone came to rescue me!! Very embarrassing but funny!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page