Bloomin' cars! Grrrrrrr - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 21-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Bloomin' cars! Grrrrrrr

When is a Veloce not a veloce? When its Lusso with a Veloce Pack!!! I am so mad about this! I bought a brand new Mito Veloce but the DVLA say its a Lusso - turns out it was converted into a Veloce but i wasnt told this until after I queried the V5. if it cant be changed I hve to fight to get the car changed or my insurance and finance agreement can be deemed invalid. FFS i bought this for my birthday, and its all been spoiled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Darren156

Re: Bloomin' cars! Grrrrrrr

Isn't this the 18th thread covering this subject?

Seriously though, what's the problem here, it of course will have to be changed, otherwise the car will have to get thrown in the bin,

AO Silver Member

County: -

I am confused.com

I always though the veloce was just a trim pack.?

I have no idea what spec my car is by the way but I love it anyway
(Post Link) post #4 of 18 Old 21-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Actually - some Mito Veloces are on V5 as Veloce but mine is a Lusso with a Veloce pack, and yes that means there is a problem. At first view it seems minor but it invalidates my finance agreement, and also my insurance can be delcared void if i have to claim. My invoice, agreement and insurance say Veloce and dont match the V5. It may be a trim level, but if some V5's can say Veloce then so should mine. I was not aware of this when it was ordered so in law it is actually misdescription of the car. i guess some people just dont understand the law.

8th Alfa lucky
AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahsister View Post
At first view it seems minor but it invalidates my finance agreement, and also my insurance can be delcared void if i have to claim. My invoice, agreement and insurance say Veloce and dont match the V5.
That's a different story then

I though you were thinking about possible problems when selling the car on... best of luck fighting the dealer
v6hughes

seems it would be easier to change your insurance and finance than the log book. as your car is not a veloce its a lusso with a pack so if you changed the log book then that could be invalid

(Post Link) post #7 of 18 Old 22-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6hughes View Post
seems it would be easier to change your insurance and finance than the log book. as your car is not a veloce its a lusso with a pack so if you changed the log book then that could be invalid
Thats the problem, I cant change the finance without changing the contract. and i dont want to drive a 'Modified Lusso' . I ordered a Veloce. Other people have veloces with V5's that say Veloce so I dont see why I cant have what I ordered, and what I am busting a gut to pay for! Sale of goods act 1979 states its a misdescription of goods.
Darren156

Mate, aren't Lusso's cheaper as well? Meaning that if, for whatever reason, you wanted to sell it in a few months, it would be worth less than a 'real' Veloce? Because technically it's 'just' a suped up Lusso?

(Post Link) post #9 of 18 Old 22-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
Mate, aren't Lusso's cheaper as well? Meaning that if, for whatever reason, you wanted to sell it in a few months, it would be worth less than a 'real' Veloce? Because technically it's 'just' a suped up Lusso?
Got it in one! At last someone who understands! thanksx
Darren156

Not a problem mate,

It's alot like someone ordering a 156 GTA back in 2002, and the dealer supplying a standard 156 that's had a 3.2 GTA engine dumped in its bay. On the log book, it's still only going to be a standard 156, no matter what fancy bits have been thrown at it.

A better example would be these bloody CUP GTV's every one screams on about, A decent CUP can be bought for about £6000. OR, you can buy a standard GTV for £1500 and spend £1000 making it LOOK like a CUP.

Even when people do this and advertise it as a CUP, people still jump down their throats if it's not genuine, and that's what will happen to you when you come to flog it!

Yeah, you haven't got what you paid for mate, so if the DVLA can't do nowt, you're going to be forced to return the car sadly.

(Post Link) post #11 of 18 Old 22-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
Not a problem mate,

It's alot like someone ordering a 156 GTA back in 2002, and the dealer supplying a standard 156 that's had a 166 Super engine dumped in its bay. On the log book, it's still only going to be a standard 156.

Yeah, you haven't got what you paid for mate, so if the DVLA can't do nowt, you're going to be forced to return the car sadly.
I know, and I'm gutted.
Darren156

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahsister View Post
I know, and I'm gutted.
Don't be mate, once the dealer confirms that you can replace the car with a new REAL Veloce, tell them you'll bring it round next week, then drive this one like you stole it,

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

I may be wrong but as the car is on finance they actually own the car, it is their responsability to chase the supplying dealer to get the car changed not yours.

Contact the finance company and make a complaint - be fair but firm and state that it is they who have sold you a mis-described car.

Give them a reasonable time scale to (1 week to contact the dealer in writing copying you and 1 month to get the car changed), if this doesnt happen return the car to the finance company and cancel the payment.

The later would be a last resort, but the finance company are liable not the supplying dealer.

AO Platinum Member

What's the difference between a Lusso with a Veloce pack and a Veloce?

E.g. I thought a Lusso was a Lusso and a Veloce was a Veloce. Veloce has the white-letter instruments etc. Surely they didn't take a Lusso and dismantle the clocks, then replace them with the Veloce ones?

I think the dealer just wrote "Lusso" on the DVLA papers by mistake and anything else he told you is cobolars. You have a Veloce but the v5 is wrong.

Ralf S.
(Post Link) post #15 of 18 Old 28-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPalfa View Post
The later would be a last resort, but the finance company are liable not the supplying dealer.
Under section 75 of the sale of goods act, the dealer and finance company are jointly responsible.

I think there may be a resolution to this whole issue. Alfa UK sent me a letter confirming it is a Veloce and how it was registered as a Lusso in error (along with a number of other cars). I have forwarded this to the DVLA and I await their response. Hopefully the v5 will get changed.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

Hope you get it sorted ss, still hope your enjoying the car
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

This seems fairly (and sadly) commonplace. Launch a decent car and then balls it all up Can't be good come trade in or resale time and is bound to bugger up CAP price guides etc.
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire

At the dealers today and the veloce on show in the shoowrooms door plate said "Alfa Romeo Mito 155 Veloce/Lusso" Now whats that supposed to be?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page