****holes that cannot open a door carefully - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

EddieGTA

Madness ****holes that cannot open a door carefully

I am always careful where I park in public car parks, yet I went to my parent today and while chatting with their neighbour he asked me where I got the dent from. Sure enough some ....... has opened their door and managed to proper dent my front wing

The only saving grace was another neighbour who is in the motor trade was there and had a look, he's going to pass me the number of a guy he is 100% confident can get it out. Still bloody annoying though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

156 JTDm 16v

Re: ****holes that cannot open a door carefully

Sorry to hear about the dent, i hate leaving my car in any carpark. All i think about when walking round is what idiot is parked next to me and are they going to put a dent in me car. I had 2 Mondeo's and both after only having them for weeks had dents put in the doors
AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Sorry to hear about that Eddie GTA Hope it gets sorted out okay
EddieGTA

Thanks guys, the one good thing was the comments from the guy that spotted it. I took him out in it a while back, and he asked the other guy if he had been out in it. He said the GTA is awesome

AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
Thanks guys, the one good thing was the comments from the guy that spotted it. I took him out in it a while back, and he asked the other guy if he had been out in it. He said the GTA is awesome
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Sorry to haer about this - as you say annoying
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverleaf146 View Post
Ah, you can't beat them parent & toddler spaces
No, but you can get a beating when you're seen in one when you shouldn't be

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Sorry to hear about this Eddie - i always park well away from the store and walk just to try and make sure no one parks next to my car

i park miles away and dominate 2 spaces wherever possible

EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansthebear View Post
i park miles away and dominate 2 spaces wherever possible
I won't take two spaces as I fear someone taking against it and keying the car, but I always park well away from the masses which makes it all the more annoying. Looking at it I am not sure it could be a door, for it to have hit the wing in the way it has it is too far forward. I suspect it may have happened at home, I have an allocated space and while my neighbours that park next to me are careful you get people parking through the day despite it being private.

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

Worse thing is when your in the car and some old duffer (apologies to those who feel offended by the term duffer) blatantly bangs their door against yours. Then looks surprised when you give them a mouthful as though they always do that but dont get caught.
AO Silver Member

i love mother and baby spaces, greatest invention ever, i dont park in them but it keeps the ignorant and their devils spawn away from my car.

the is nothing worse than the feeling when you come back to your car and realise a devils spawn wagon(mpv) has parked next to you in your absense, most adults dont give a **** about how they open their doors so there spawn certainly wont
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
i love mother and baby spaces, greatest invention ever, i dont park in them but it keeps the ignorant and their devils spawn away from my car.

the is nothing worse than the feeling when you come back to your car and realise a devils spawn wagon(mpv) has parked next to you in your absense, most adults dont give a **** about how they open their doors so there spawn certainly wont
Indeed, I always avoid parking next to people carriers and any car with child seats in the back.

AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:

Don't forget about disabled spaces either..... if you park in one and get asked what your disability is, tell them 'tourettes' (and then tell them to F&*^ off!)

Mark
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

Clare's had a similar experience with her GT this week
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Shiny red 159Ti

Quote:

Don't generalise, we're not all bad If I ever have passengers my little boy's always the first to remind them to open the door carefully
AO Member

Member car:

96 gtv 2l ts

ah.. read thankyou but if i find you***** post from myself in the rant room same sort of thing but ive been monopolised by parent and child space takers etc lol.........simple really respect other folks property !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
I am always careful where I park in public car parks, yet I went to my parent today and while chatting with their neighbour he asked me where I got the dent from. Sure enough some ....... has opened their door and managed to proper dent my front wing

The only saving grace was another neighbour who is in the motor trade was there and had a look, he's going to pass me the number of a guy he is 100% confident can get it out. Still bloody annoying though
Very frustrating!
K9d
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

I parked today on top floor of multi storey with at least 5 spaces either side of me, came back to car people carrier on right side and then "duffer" in Saab pulled up on left side at about a 20 degree angle to the space 3 feet of his car hanging out the back, if it hadn't been for the ramp behind me I would never have been able to swing out of the space, rest of level bloody empty.

Then later parking at local tesco, went to place where the staff park (they don't move their cars very often), reversed between 2 cars. When I returned went to drive out so we could get to boot 2 idiots driving against the arrows stopped me moving forwards. I then pulled right out and stopped blocking up the row waiting for next idiot to vent my anger on but none came

Why cant people just respect each others cars/property I have never hit another car whilst parking or opening my door but have had every car I have owned scratched by some thoughtless idiot.
AO Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm Ti

It Happened to me about 3 months ago. Parked in tesco car park where i live waitin for the wife, I was just about to move the car to see if she had come out. I then decided not to as I saw her walking towards me at that every moment i heard a horrible thump from my left rear side.
I jumped out the car and in the bay diagonal to me some 50 year old bag had not secured her shopping trolley while putting her shopping in her SH**TY Renault clio. I confronted her and the reply I got was ' I didn't do anything ' so I pointed out the new paint chip on my wheel arch about 4mm in size. Her next comment was (and if it were a Bloke I would of knocked him into the next week) ' it's only a chip, it's just a car.....' to which I exploded, I couldn't believe her attitude, I was raging it was a good job the wife was there. Then she told me not to get aggressive I tried to keep my composure and then explain to her what the grief she had caused me, wanted to rip her F***kin head off

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Slower, Slacker than Slugs!

146 2.0 Ti > 156 1.8Ts Sp1 > 156 1.8Ts Sp3 > Gt 1.9JTDm Lusso > 159 Ti 2.4 JTDm > 530d M Sport

Last edited by Okocha-No10; 08-11-08 at 17:11.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

As was said on the other thread buy your supermarket shopping on-line
AO Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEJD View Post
Don't forget about disabled spaces either..... if you park in one and get asked what your disability is, tell them 'tourettes' (and then tell them to F&*^ off!)

Mark
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okocha-No10 View Post
It Happened to me about 3 months ago. Parked in tesco car park where i live waitin for the wife, I was just about to move the car to see if she had come out. I then decided not to as I saw her walking towards me at that every moment i heard a horrible thump from my left rear side.
I jumped out the car and in the bay diagonal to me some 50 year old bag had not secured her shopping trolley while putting her shopping in her SH**TY Renault clio. I confronted her and the reply I got was ' I didn't do anything ' so I pointed out the new paint chip on my wheel arch about 4mm in size. Her next comment was (and if it were a Bloke I would of knocked him into the next week) ' it's only a chip, it's just a car.....' to which I exploded, I couldn't believe her attitude, I was raging it was a good job the wife was there. Then she told me not to get aggressive I tried to keep my composure and then explain to her what the grief she had caused me, wanted to rip her F***kin head off
When it happens once it is OK,
Problem is everyone seems to be doing that

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page