B& Bloody Q - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Knightboat

B& Bloody Q

Had to pop along to my local B&Q superstore yesterday to get a few small things for the house, only to find that they have completely ‘UN’organised the entire store , and nothing is were it used to be, as a result it took me 30 minutes to find what I wanted! Further more when I entered the store I could not find the baskets by the door or indeed anywhere! When I asked one of the attendants milling around he replied “sorry sir we don’t do them anymore” WTF!
So I had to get a FULL size trolley for 2 tubes of sealant a couple of bags of screws a roll of electrical cable and a light switch! Plus being a Saturday (and there being no bloody baskets! ) it was packed with people pushing empty trolleys around!
Is it just me getting old (30 next year ) or is this just madness! I am seriously thinking about complaining, but on the other hand I just can’t be that bothered and think I will just take my business elsewhere!

And breath out........... that’s better

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HSTDriver

Re: B& Bloody Q

B&Q have always been numbnuts. Staff are generally spotty youths who know nothing about DIY. Or anything else for that matter.

normally the item you want is out of stock, or you want half a dozen and they've only got 5 or some other such frustration.

I try to avoid them (and homebase-just as bad) as much as possible, but with a big project like our house refurb(probably a third of the way through now) it's inevitable to end up there sooner or later

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

I went into B & Q some weeks back and some old bloke in an orange apron walked up to me and asked me if I wanted decking. Luckily I managed to get the first punch in
Global Mod Team

County: British Columbia
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
I went into B & Q some weeks back and some old bloke in an orange apron walked up to me and asked me if I wanted decking. Luckily I managed to get the first punch in

sorry, this is a rant...............well we have Home Depot, similar type of store and there used to be people that knew a thing or 2 about fixing up your house, now they've all gone and it's the spotty youth in charge, not much help at all.
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire

Quote:

What ever happened to proper hardware shops.We used to have one in Abingdon and it was staffed by three old geezers who new exactly where everything was.You could go in there with your broken thingummywhatsit and say
'can i have seven of these please' said bloke would dissapear and magicly reappear with exactly what you wanted.I rebuilt my old honda with fixings exclusively from that shop.

Its now designer flats,ho hum.........
AO Silver Member

my local tescos has just had a re-unorganising but the bread and eggs are still the first things in the store so they are well and truely squashed by the time you get to the checkout
Knightboat

Quote:

Boom Boom!

Knightboat

[QUOTE=fredzedex;2161153

What ever happened to proper hardware shops.We used to have one in Abingdon and it was staffed by three old geezers who new exactly where everything was.You could go in there with your broken thingummywhatsit and say
'can i have seven of these please' said bloke would dissapear and magicly reappear with exactly what you wanted.QUOTE]

I know the type, and as you said they are a rare thing these days

The basket thing really got my back up though! As some group of managers somewhere will have had a meeting and thought how can we inconvenience our customers! I know lets have a zero basket policy! That way they will have to use those rusty old trolleys and might just buy something big that they did not plan to buy, result! Another great marketing ploy by B&Q!

GJ
AO Platinum Member

County: Herefordshire

Member car:

Spider S4

I hate B&Q with a passion.... I once bought a shed from them and it came with the wrong roof..... to cut a very long story short.... after visits by two store experts (to prove that I didn't know what I was talking about) followed by a visit from the store manager.... they delivered 2 more roofs.... neither of which were right. In the end they gave me my money back and I made my own roof from timber I bought at Homebase
EddieGTA

In this sense we are quite lucky, the local b&q here there are some guys that know what they are talking about, I got some good plumbing advice from one of them.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

A big black car.

And even when you have carried the stuff around, since I couldn't be bothered going for a trolly, they refuse to even sell you a bag!!!

What are they on?

They can stuff their eco-friendly policies, I want decent service.
AO Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
'can i have seven of these please'
and 4 candles,
And a plug. Sink or bath?
No 13 amp.

I'll get me coat.
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

NO...HANDLES FOR FORKS!

If you think B&Q is bad you should try Focus. I'm not one for making sweeping generalisations, but every Focus employee I have ever come across is a total fu****g moron. The only thing worse than the staff is the quality of the products.

And yet....I keep....going...back
hansthebear

you could easily carry that little using some kind of advanced hand/arm combination.

and

who in their right mind would bother to become an expert in their field for £5 an hour.

DIY, not "get annoyed and have a rant when a student working part time to afford beans on bread doesnt do it for you".

or something.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansthebear View Post
you could easily carry that little using some kind of advanced hand/arm combination.

and

who in their right mind would bother to become an expert in their field for £5 an hour.

DIY, not "get annoyed and have a rant when a student working part time to afford beans on bread doesnt do it for you".

or something.
You can still afford deodorant and the ability to acknowdge my existance on minimum wage.

I don't like the way minimum wage has become a reason not to make an effort in your job. Not a rant at you, just a general observation!
GJ
AO Platinum Member

County: Herefordshire

Member car:

Spider S4

..... and guess what

I popped into B&Q today because it was convenient....

The aisle where they were displaying the bits I wanted was 'coned off' because they were re-stocking it.... odd that there was nobody re-stocking anything.

So I interrupted the chat of two of the staff and enquired about the items I wanted..... "Oh you need to see the bloke at the desk just round the corner"..... I pointed out there was nobody at the desk just around the corner.... "Oh they'll probably be along in a minute - hang on here they are now"....

They arrived, deep in conversation, "EXCUSE ME" I muttered....politely......

They looked at me as if I was from another planet.....

When I explained what I wanted they said they were "just going to deal with another customer and then they would see what they could do"

I dumped the couple of items I had picked up.... and left the store.

I'm never, never, ever going there again

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaGJ View Post

I'm never, never, ever going there again
You'll be back once you've experienced Focus.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

A big black car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbo View Post
You'll be back once you've experienced Focus.
Two things about Focus, 1. There is a really, really pretty young checkout girl at my local branch. 2. Umm.... that's all.
AO Member

Member car:

alfa166

Not Happy Re: B& Bloody Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgal93 View Post

sorry, this is a rant...............well we have Home Depot, similar type of store and there used to be people that knew a thing or 2 about fixing up your house, now they've all gone and it's the spotty youth in charge, not much help at all.
oh thats a shame, i used to love that about US/Canadian Home Depot, they would have some older guy on the section who knew all the ins and outs.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredshaza View Post
Two things about Focus, 1. There is a really, really pretty young checkout girl at my local branch. 2. Umm.... that's all.
Which focus is that then?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page