Norovirus!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 30-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Not Happy Norovirus!!!

Anyone else had this bug? It's been in my house for a week now and the symptoms just seem to keep returning. My 2 youngest kids have both had it so far and just when you think its gone they are ill again. How long does this ****ing thing last? 2 of my kids have birthdays next week and i can see this thing totally ruining it for them.

The title says Norovirus but i dont know if that is what it is. The first symptoms were from the baby last Friday. My 2nd youngest got it on Monday and still doesnt seem right. I have been buying Dettol by the bucket load and cleaning non-stop but dont know if its helping.

If anyone has experienced anything like this then can you shed some light on it for me. Me and the missus are at our wits end.

Never Test The Depth Of Water With Both Feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: Norovirus!!!

Seek professional medical advice.

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Seek professional medical advice.
+1 to that ... first thing my missus does if something is "not quite right" ... she says she feels like a hypercondreact by proxy, but better to be safe than sorry
(Post Link) post #4 of 14 Old 30-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Maybe you get better answers in France, Nev but here you are told its a virus and will run its course and that there is a lot of it about at the moment. All well and good but doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
Maybe you get better answers in France, Nev but here you are told its a virus and will run its course and that there is a lot of it about at the moment. All well and good but doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know.
With baby's involved we see to find it much better, as long as their temperature is down and they are eating/drinking ok then there isn't too much to worry about ... if the temperature is (unusally) high etc then we go down to A&E, our local hospital actually has a seperate childrens A&E which is actually very good (although luckily we've only been there a couple of times ...)
Nev

Shocking. Sounds like they just told you "virus"
because they don't know what it is and can't be bothered
to do blood tests etc.

They should stop spunking away billions on daft IT systems
and pay for more actual medical staff so they have time
to treat people properly. Damn their eyes!!!

(Post Link) post #7 of 14 Old 30-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156Chris View Post
With baby's involved we see to find it much better, as long as their temperature is down and they are eating/drinking ok then there isn't too much to worry about ... if the temperature is (unusally) high etc then we go down to A&E, our local hospital actually has a seperate childrens A&E which is actually very good (although luckily we've only been there a couple of times ...)
They dont have a fever and both are wanting food. It just keeps rearing its ugly head. Very draining.

Quote:
to do blood tests etc.

Yer, thats exactly it. Everything is a virus apparently. Which one, though? I would like to know when things should start to get better, but all they can say is "it depends" and "it's hard to say". Total rubbish.

Thanks guys anyway. I was just wondering whether anybody else had seen something similar.
AO Platinum Member

I'm brasing myself for the run down to xmas ... it's always the time that those breeding grounds for disease (schools) get into full swing ... I shall be living in my garage on pot noodles and beer
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Shiny red 159Ti

If they are wanting food still, it's unlikely to be the norovirus. My son had it over Christmas (!) last year - he ended up on a drip in hospital because he wouldn't eat and, more crucially, couldn't keep any liquids down.

The most important thing you need to do is watch their hydration - little ones get dehydrated very quickly, and it can be very serious for them. If they stop drinking, then you need to get them to a doctor pdq. They can give you rehydration sachets, and, failing that, refer to hospital.

Tbh, if I were you, I'd take them to the docs - if it's been going on for nearly a week, then they need looking at, I'd think. Oh, and, yes, you're doing the right thing with the Dettol

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Alfa Stalking Trumpeting Muppet No3 & one half of the Scandinavian Trumpeting Pasta Monster
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Oi! I thought I held the title AO hypocondriac of the year? No, a serious subject, and infections of any description are easily spread, and not at all easy to erradicate!: Viruses another horrendous problem!

The senior consultant opthalmologist was forthright about my eye op. having a 67-70% success rate, and part of this was the attention to scrupulous sterile bathing, of the eyes, and regular hand washing, before bathing them to avoid infection. So far, five weeks after
Nev

Good News ZF.

When I split my chin open a few years back
the Doc prescribed some stuff called Biseptine
to spray on the wound 4 times a day.
Anti bacterial/fungal stuff.

Burned like buggery, but really helped to keep
it clean and heal quicker. I always have a can in
the first aid box now.

(No help for your eye, but I'm sure they gave
you some mild stuff to use. )

AO Silver Member

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

Quote:
to do blood tests etc.

Our NHS trust in Kent (Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells), had a BIG problem with MRSA and CDfcile over the last couple of years, so they sacked the last manager, and have advertised for a new one. Anyway, they cannot find someone willing to take on the job, so they have simply doubled the salary (Must be around the £300K mark by now). Hasn't anyone got the guts to stand up and say "It's because of lack of funding from the government" that we are getting these problems? I could take on that job, start tomorrow, get properly monitored cleaning teams in, and make sure the correct procedures were being followed. If they paid me £300K a year, I would immediately put £200K of it back into the hospital, just to set an example.
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

We had this in our house just before Xmas last year. Only managed to get rid of it with lots of cleaning and making sure anything that could be touched by hands is cleaned every time. That and making sure only one toilet was used by the ill. Washing machine was on constantly cleaning the baby's clothes. Projectile vomit from a 14mth old... Nice
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Shiny red 159Ti

How are they doing?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page