Other peoples children .. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 33 Old 18-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Other peoples children ..

Took my beasts to a soft play/ball pool today. I was playing with my 2 year old in one of the ball pools in the under 3's area when this brat of a boy comes in probably age 5-6 and starts being a nuisance ... anyway I just minded my own business and let him get on with it ... until he started to throw balls at my daughter, so (in a very adult way ) I picked up a ball and through it at him, caught him straight between the eye's, he looked at me, firstly with a confused look (probably concussion!!!) and then I could see him think, "right I'll have a go at him them", I told him that he shouldn't but he obviously didn't listen and started throwing balls at me ... so I picked up another ball and managed to hit him in exactly the same position again ...

... at which point he left crying

Alfa 156 10v 2.4 JTD + AHM fitted Koni FSDs, Eibach Pro Kit Springs,
AHM 200+BHP remap, Q2, 8C Alloys, GTA lights, Leather Interior...

CarPuter Spec: Gigabyte MA785GM Motherboard,2Gb Ram,
AMD Athlon X2 5050e Socket AM2 45W CPU,
K8061 D/A converter, M4 ATX PS, 60Gb SSD, Garmin x20 GPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Re: Other peoples children ..

You nasty, Big Bully!! Serves the stinky brat right. Hope you did a 360deg recce, to make sure his reserved forces weren't looking?
(Post Link) post #3 of 33 Old 18-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
You nasty, Big Bully!! Serves the stinky brat right. Hope you did a 360deg recce, to make sure his reserved forces weren't looking?
I was up for a battle at that point ... didn't think I'd "win" so easily ...
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

the trouble is, kids like that invariably have a knuckle-dragging brainless gorilla for a father who can see no wrong in his kids and decides he's gonna tear you limb from limb instead
AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

probably the wrong thing to do but I have done something similar myself to a teenager who tried to knock my 3 year old over with a football - he got it back with interest and avoided us from then on - little creep
(Post Link) post #6 of 33 Old 18-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
the trouble is, kids like that invariably have a knuckle-dragging brainless gorilla for a father who can see no wrong in his kids and decides he's gonna tear you limb from limb instead
I was well up for that too
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
bring it on - he hits first and it's me sueing him
(Post Link) post #8 of 33 Old 18-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpat View Post
probably the wrong thing to do but I have done something similar myself to a teenager who tried to knock my 3 year old over with a football - he got it back with interest and avoided us from then on - little creep
That's the thing though ... I think I've taught him a valuable lesson in life ...
AO Member

County: Essex

Brilliant - might try that with the mechanic who mangled my door (may use a house brick instead of the ball though)
(Post Link) post #10 of 33 Old 18-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBrentwood View Post
Brilliant - might try that with the mechanic who mangled my door (may use a house brick instead of the ball though)
yes that might work ... just make sure you don't miss and hit your car
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Nice family type tale that is 156 Chris.: My eldest grandson, sixteen, fit, junior rugger player, is so protective at the moment, of his younger brother. I reckon he'll be his minder, until he gets a real interest himself in skirt?
AO Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156Chris View Post
yes that might work ... just make sure you don't miss and hit your car
No chance - i have a great arm on me!!!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBrentwood View Post
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpat View Post
Hate *******s like that. When I get my car back, people in my park better be ware I'll be on the war path for balls kids or flies that can hit into my car they all shall be warned to steer clear or there will be a verbal abuse on the cards. Or I shall stand in front of all their houses witha ball in hand hop it off their mothers windows repeatedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
Nice family type tale that is 156 Chris.: My eldest grandson, sixteen, fit, junior rugger player, is so protective at the moment, of his younger brother. I reckon he'll be his minder, until he gets a real interest himself in skirt?

That sounds like me with my too cousins, we still call them the babies even though they are 13 and 10 haha. But they need to be minded lol.

AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Shiny red 159Ti

Ugh, I hate that. I always thought I'd never be the type to have a go at someone else's child, but the old mama-bear instincts kick in sometimes, and you just have to do something, especially if the kid's own parents aren't doing anything. Not sure you'd find me walloping a kid between the eyes, mind you , but I would have done something.

I had an incident the other day, except my little boy wasn't with me. I was just parking up in Cheshire Oaks car park, and getting something out the boot, when I looked round to see a kid, about 7/8 years old, runnning hell for leather across the car park (she'd spotted the kid's play area). She shot across the road, straight out in front of a Ford Fiesta, driven by an old bloke. No idea how he didn't hit her, but he screeched to a halt, missed her by millimetres, and she just ran off . Poor bloke, he just sat there for ages, probably in shock, so I knocked on his window and asked if he was OK. He didn't look it, but said he was fine, we had a chat, and he went off. I did something very much out of character for me - I went and found her in the play area, and had a right go at her. I was shaking like a leaf, and really angry with her for nearly getting herself killed, and nearly ruining that guy's life. Looking back on it, I feel a bit sorry for her, she looked terrified of me , as I looked a bit like this , but I really hope something went in, and she doesn't do it again. The parents? Nowhere to be seen

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Alfa Stalking Trumpeting Muppet No3 & one half of the Scandinavian Trumpeting Pasta Monster
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Nice one Mama.... although you should have reinforced the lesson by hitting the girl between the eyes with a ball
AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

or a house brick - then again that may be a bit excessive.

I will admit that I have on several had a go at kids for running in front of my car - they just fail to see any danger.

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

I am very defensive of my kids but do try my best to let them get on with it by themselves when dealing with other kids.

It's a tough one but I think you went over the line Chris.
bobster

I have to agree with Bigfoot Chris, have a talk with them or if possible the parent & explain in no uncertain terms that its not fair to treat other children this way. Throwing something at small child to make it cry is wrong plus sending the wrong message to your own ?

I understand the strong emotions you went through Chris,which are normal.
I have 4 boys & one girl, my eldest boy was bullied a lot when he was around 8 -10 as he was a big lad & just had no aggression in him at all & would not fight back, one of his younger brothers used to sort them out .
It used to cause me great anguish,but as Bigfoot rightly said they have to work it out for themselves ,hard fact of life but they will turn out better for it.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

A big black car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156Chris View Post
Took my beasts to a soft play/ball pool today. I was playing with my 2 year old in one of the ball pools in the under 3's area when this brat of a boy comes in probably age 5-6 and starts being a nuisance ... anyway I just minded my own business and let him get on with it ... until he started to throw balls at my daughter, so (in a very adult way ) I picked up a ball and through it at him, caught him straight between the eye's, he looked at me, firstly with a confused look (probably concussion!!!) and then I could see him think, "right I'll have a go at him them", I told him that he shouldn't but he obviously didn't listen and started throwing balls at me ... so I picked up another ball and managed to hit him in exactly the same position again ...

... at which point he left crying

You decended to the level of a five year old. What would you do if your daugher had been the one throwing the balls about and some adult decided to teach her a lesson? Would you be in here moaning about people that throw balls at children?
(Post Link) post #21 of 33 Old 28-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
I am very defensive of my kids but do try my best to let them get on with it by themselves when dealing with other kids.

It's a tough one but I think you went over the line Chris.
with all due respect BF, but should I let a 2 year old "let them get on with it" with a 5/6 year old in the UNDER 3's SECTION ... you deserve on of these .... Yes dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
I have to agree with Bigfoot Chris, have a talk with them or if possible the parent & explain in no uncertain terms that its not fair to treat other children this way. Throwing something at small child to make it cry is wrong plus sending the wrong message to your own ?

I understand the strong emotions you went through Chris,which are normal.
I have 4 boys & one girl, my eldest boy was bullied a lot when he was around 8 -10 as he was a big lad & just had no aggression in him at all & would not fight back, one of his younger brothers used to sort them out .
It used to cause me great anguish,but as Bigfoot rightly said they have to work it out for themselves ,hard fact of life but they will turn out better for it.
If it was with my older daughter, then yes I would have just let her get on with it ... even if we were in the main section (for all kids) I would have let it go ... but he was in the UNDER 3's SECTION which is supposed to be a safe place for 2 year olds to play ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredshaza View Post
You decended to the level of a five year old. What would you do if your daugher had been the one throwing the balls about and some adult decided to teach her a lesson? Would you be in here moaning about people that throw balls at children?
If my daughter at the age of 5-6 had been in the UNDER 3's SECTION being a PITA then I would have thanked that parent and given my own child a bollocking ...

I did attempt to enter a dialogue with this child but he clearly wasn't listening ...
(Post Link) post #22 of 33 Old 28-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

...and also have you tried to throw those balls before, they are so light they pretty much float through the air ... I'm pretty impressed that I actually hit the target
HSTDriver

The fact remains that you, a grown adult threw an object at a 5 year old child (twice) and made him cry.

And then came on here and basically boasted about it.

I bet you feel so proud

AO Member

Kids will be kids i suppose, the blame lies totally with the 'couldn't give a t*ss' parents who are happy as long as they can just have a natter or whatever in peace. The fact their 6 year old may jump on someone else's 2yr old is not their problem it seems.

What you should have done however is picked up a couple of balls, gone to find the mother/father and thrown them between THEIR eyes . That would have upped the ante a bit, although may be seem as a bit provocative by some
(Post Link) post #25 of 33 Old 28-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
The fact remains that you, a grown adult threw an object at a 5 year old child (twice) and made him cry.

And then came on here and basically boasted about it.

I bet you feel so proud

should I have punched him in the face then? ... lets change the scenerio slightly then, we're out in the street and an oik of a 5-6 yo comes up and start's physically attacking your child, what would you do? ... exactly, use proportionate force against the attacker ...

If people aren't willing to control and disipline there own children then I will do it for them, I for one am p1ssed off with little brats thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it ...

... so in answer to your question, yes I am proud of myself :BOW: ... that child will have learnt a valuable lesson in life

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page