I am speechless - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

EddieGTA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Re: I am speechless

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Carnt say what I really think else that will be the end of GTA Jim! All I will say is WTF!

EddieGTA

Not something I wanted to read on the train on the way home, after working late, knowing I am going to have to go in early tomorrow, and for what? To earn a fraction of what they are receiving in benefits!.

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Wait, so the actual rental price for the house is about £2500, but 'The Rent Service' told the council to pay £12,500 instead? But why? Does their manager own the house or something? There's no explanation in the story for it at all.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Wait, so the actual rental price for the house is about £2500, but 'The Rent Service' told the council to pay £12,500 instead? But why? Does their manager own the house or something? There's no explanation in the story for it at all.
I have no idea but whatever the reason, it is wrong. Even at £2500 it is wrong.

AO Silver Member

County: East Ayrshire

Member car:

156 JTS

Just seems so wrong all around. They are getting more in housing benefit a month than some get paid in a year.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Not Happy Re: I am speechless

That's just round the corner from here
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Boundary change meant the house is now in the wealthier Westminster area which has much higher average rental rates, although the actual market rate for that house is a lot lower. Clear case of beaurocracy gone wrong.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Clear case of Borrocks more like
K9d
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

I have worked for over 25years without ever having claimed any type of benefits, my job is looking rocky right now. If i'm out of work what will i get to help me with my mortgage etc, [email protected] all thats what, the less you do for yourself the more the bloody government bend over backwards to help you.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

I still don't get it. Why do they need a service to suggest an amount to pay in rent anyway? Why don't they just pay the asking price?
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Because being a government expense, don't they need to avoid potential conflicts of interest/bribes and use a third-party independent evaluator?

Don't know, just guessing really.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Indeed... I know of someone who was looking at renting a flat a few years ago and was asked:

"Are you a private renter or DSS ??"

And the reply when asked why did that matter was:

"Oh we charge more for DSS !!"

WTF
bobster

You know this really is to bad!

2 days ago there was a news report about a poor lady who has spent her life savings on buying herself the necessary Drugs as she has cancer in the brain & lungs &now has to go cap in hand to beg for the local PCT NHS to provide her with them. So far she has been turned DOWN!

I know this is not a NHS budget issue but how can this be at all fair when "Strangers" can walk ito this country with 7 children & claim £12,400 per month on top of her vast benefits??
Has this country gone bloody mad?
This lady & her Husband have worked solidly all there life & it appears they made the mistake of providing for themselves....Jesus Christ!

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

The NHS issue is very different, and massively complicated in it's own.
Suffice it to say that there simply is not enough money to buy every person the drugs they want to have. As horrible as it is at some point some one has to look at a drug and say 'we can not afford to pay the cost of this drug when compared to the likely benefit it provides'.
Someone can say 'how dare they not give me this drug which can extend my life by 6 months', well what about the person who dies 9 months earlier because they've spent the money on your drug?

This probably needs to be discussed in a thread of it's own, if at all.

Biggie - didn't express myself correctly. It is very sensible to have a body which says what an acceptable rental price is - but surely that number shoul dbe used as an upper limit! If it's less than that then I don't think there's any logic behind overpaying!

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

stop the world i want to get off!!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Audi S6 5.2 V10

Seems bizarre to me that the 'The Rent Service' suggest the amount of rent the council should be paying in the first place.

Landlords should submit there expected rentals for properties to the 'The Rent Service' thus creating competition in the market and pushing down the cost to the tax payer.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryrs View Post
Seems bizarre to me that the 'The Rent Service' suggest the amount of rent the council should be paying in the first place.

Landlords should submit there expected rentals for properties to the 'The Rent Service' thus creating competition in the market and pushing down the cost to the tax payer.
You just know someone somewhere is raking it in from this.

AO Platinum Member

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a bit of nepotism (i.e. corruption) going on... what's the relationship between the landlord and the person in the rent service who recommended paying £12k.. or the person in the council who agreed to it...?

Ralf S.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Audi S6 5.2 V10

Personally i think it just boils down to rubber stamping forms and not giving it any thought/common sense.

Bit like the 21 year old guy claiming child benefit for 19 kids when he had none.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

Years ago, when I first met my wife, she was working in with a bloke who used to do 15 hours a week. He had five kids, and they were provided with a house and a large brand new Peugeot estate car as part of the benefits system. They had no incentive to get off their bums and work, because every luxury of life was being provided for them. We have both been working for thirty years, and in the last month we have both been made unemployed. I can claim £60 a week jobseekers, but my missus can't claim until October 16th. When we put in a joint claim (or hopefully we will find jobs before then), we will receive £100 a week between us. We are not able to claim anything for our mortgage or other benefits. I can only claim for interview expenses if I give them 48 hours notice, and it is for a permanent job. We re-mortgaged four years ago, and we have a couple of ISAs. We have been told that they count as savings, despite the fact that we are still paying for them, so that might count against our claim.
This story from the BBC just makes me feel sick, and it can only fuel more anger towards immigrants who seem to find it so easy to "play" our benefits system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
Not yet,I want to move to the UK
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyalfagtv View Post
Years ago, when I first met my wife, she was working in with a bloke who used to do 15 hours a week. He had five kids, and they were provided with a house and a large brand new Peugeot estate car as part of the benefits system. They had no incentive to get off their bums and work, because every luxury of life was being provided for them. We have both been working for thirty years, and in the last month we have both been made unemployed. I can claim £60 a week jobseekers, but my missus can't claim until October 16th. When we put in a joint claim (or hopefully we will find jobs before then), we will receive £100 a week between us. We are not able to claim anything for our mortgage or other benefits. I can only claim for interview expenses if I give them 48 hours notice, and it is for a permanent job. We re-mortgaged four years ago, and we have a couple of ISAs. We have been told that they count as savings, despite the fact that we are still paying for them, so that might count against our claim.
This story from the BBC just makes me feel sick, and it can only fuel more anger towards immigrants who seem to find it so easy to "play" our benefits system.

I don't know what to say to that, other than I hope things sort themselves out for you very quickly. Your story against this one really does bring to light how deplorable the UK benefits system is.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
I don't know what to say to that, other than I hope things sort themselves out for you very quickly. Your story against this one really does bring to light how deplorable the UK benefits system is.
What He Said !!
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
Well said Adam. Andy, I hope things do resolve very soon.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page