Bloody plumbers ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 03-10-08 Thread Starter

Bloody plumbers !

What can you do with central heating engineers who book a date to come and instal and new boiler and then don't turn up. What bloody wasters !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: Bloody plumbers !

Bet they weren't Polish then.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

I used a local guy down here near the Medway towns. I don't know if he goes up to London, but I could give you the details if you need them. Time is running short and Winter is getting it's claws into us.
AlfaLincs

Thats London for you..and here am I working as a heating engineer for a medium/large company (15 local authority and housing association contracts) and wondering if I should set up on my own.

Its interesting though. Under our contracts if we fail to show up at the agreed time we have to pay the Housing Associations a penalty fine.

There do seem to be shortages of decent engineers in some places. Frankly I don't fancy London as the parking is a nightmare, and vans get done over etc etc.

Once this credit crunch business hopefully settles I might look at going it alone...What do the team think..should I or shouldn't I.

Incidentally, If they do show up, I'd politely tell them to p*ss off. They could have called you and are obviously cowboys if they coudn't be bothered.

Whats wrong with the old boiler?

AlfaLincs

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post

Once this credit crunch business hopefully settles I might look at going it alone...What do the team think..should I or shouldn't I.

I
AlfaLincs
Get set up AL, I fear it will not be too long before my old back boiler needs replacing with something else and trying to find anyone willing and able is a nightmare.

PS. I think a good drop of Scotch works well for numbing toothache, followed by a trip to Roseberry Ave.........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page