Main Stealers Parts Desk !!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 21-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Main Stealers Parts Desk !!!!

WHY oh why oh why do Main stealers parts desks close for 80% of the weekend ?

Allways annoyed me as its not just alfa dealers but all of them. The two days that the majority of us work on our cars, ie, the weekend they close at 12 on a saturday and all day on a sunday !!!!

Im a tad annoyed as beechdales in derby state on their website that the parts desk open on a saturday untill 12.30 - I turn up yesterday at 12.15 and they have buggered off home and the closing time is shown as 12 !!!!!!

Fortunatly i was only going for a badge and too get a price o a few bits but ill certainly be complaining in letter to them and making it be known that my alfa was off the road all weekend due to their inability to update the bloody website !!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr

And relax

dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Re: Main Stealers Parts Desk !!!!

Your lucky you got a Mains Dealer, I don't think we have one down here in Wales with a parts department !!!........
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Truthfully, the DIY'ers, are a nuiscance factor, or can be!
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Yeah it annoyes me too, just like banks begrudgingly opening for a couple of hours on a Saturday if at all.

Some of us have to work in the week.
(Post Link) post #5 of 21 Old 21-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverleaf146 View Post
Why would you need to go into a bank at the weekend
maybe the same reason you need a parts dept at the weekend - cus you work 9 - 5 monday - friday ?
(Post Link) post #6 of 21 Old 21-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Yeah, but what do you actually need to go into a bank for, even during the week ?
Paying money in ?

sorting out issues with overdrafts and the like

as good as computer banking is there is no alternative to face to face talking when some things need sorting.
Nev

They don't open at all here.
And have only just started opening the sales depts.
on Saturdays. :rolleyes

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
You can pay in via ATMs I'm always astonished why people go into a bank and queue up, when you can do virtually everything you need via a machine or internet banking
I'm looking forward to the day when I can download 20 notes and upload cash deposits !

All I'll need then is a pipe from the pub to download draught Bitter and send the pub an on line payment !
AO Silver Member

Quote:
You can pay in via ATMs I'm always astonished why people go into a bank and queue up, when you can do virtually everything you need via a machine or internet banking
Some things are better done in person, a larger cheque for example I prefer to pay in over the counter and get a signed reciept. I recently wanted to move my direct debits to another account and that could only be done in the branch according to telephone banking. To discuss what mortgage options are available...

Plenty of reasons really.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverGTV View Post

Allways annoyed me as its not just alfa dealers but all of them. The two days that the majority of us work on our cars, ie, the weekend they close at 12 on a saturday and all day on a sunday !!!!

Im a tad annoyed as beechdales in derby state on their website that the parts desk open on a saturday untill 12.30 - I turn up yesterday at 12.15 and they have buggered off home and the closing time is shown as 12 !!!!!!

Fortunatly i was only going for a badge and too get a price o a few bits but ill certainly be complaining in letter to them and making it be known that my alfa was off the road all weekend due to their inability to update the bloody website !!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr

And relax

dave

Retail customers make up less than 10% of a parts deparment's business. Their biggest customer, their workshop, is closed for most of the weekend too. That is why they do not open for the rest of the time.

And I'm afraid they know only too well that you won't buy any more parts from them even if they stay open 24 hours a day. They have a fairly good idea how much they will sell throughout the year you see, based on the number of cars in their area.

I tried opening on Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday when I ran a parts department and it really wasn't worth it. I never ever got a customer on a Sunday, not ever

bazza is nomes and my love child

My Flickr address: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gibboleica/

My website: http://www.lawrencedavidphotography.co.uk/
AO Silver Member

Quote:
I think the key word there mate is prefer - there isn't actually a need to do that. As for changing DDs, discussing mortgages etc, I can do that via the internet or over the phone...
... but isn't life about preference? There isn't a need to own an Alfa? It's still a royal pain when you want to do something on the wekend, and a few types of business won't accomodate you....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

When something goes wrong, you cannot argue the toss over the internet. I use internet banking, but have to go into the local branch on the weekend if anything goes wrong. There is no way, that I would pay in a large amount of cash via the "hole in the wall", and what if you required to withdraw a couple of grand in £50 notes? For those of us who like to work on our cars, and work during the week, there is no alternative to a Saturday morning trip to the dealers. The internet is great, but if you own an Alfa, then you very often have two or three choices of parts, and you need to talk with someone experienced.
HSTDriver

Sometimes I get the 'ump with working shifts.

and then something like this cheers me up.

Who the bleedin' hell wants to work 9-5 in the first place? More often than not my days off are midweek, or I'm home from work early enough to get what I need doing sorted out after I get home (or before I leave for a late shift)

And I don't have to worry about the shopping mall scrum at the weekends.

Shift work is the answer

Don't worry. At least most call centres are open in evenings and at weekends. They'll happily ring you at 8:30pm or even on a Sunday if you're lucky
AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13roy View Post
Your lucky you got a Mains Dealer, I don't think we have one down here in Wales with a parts department !!!........
Yes we do DF in Cardiff have a parts department

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverGTV View Post

Grrrrrrrrrr

And relax

dave

I see the Beechdale web page has been updated.....was it after your rant.....
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
Truthfully, the DIY'ers, are a nuiscance factor, or can be!
is that because we are more knowledgable than the guy behind the counter?
AO Silver Member

I tried to change my DD's over internet banking and phone...they told me to go to a branch to do it, so there is a need in this instance.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

I've been with First Direct for many years now, and can do everything online or over the phone. Paying in, I can do at branches of the HSBC and even that can be done at the machines, with a scanned image of any cheques on the receipt.

When I Have had to speak to them, I've always found them very helpful.

As for buying parts, I've always used GSF, but until this month, when I got the 147, I'd always had Citroens, so GSF were top notch for mail-order. That's a point.. Any recommendations for online Alfa parts suppliers?

a

When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously

petrolheadery: http://www.kickingtyres.co.uk/
words and pictures: http://dotcomnot.org/
AO Platinum Member

The "My bank is better than your bank.." discussion is very illuminating but it's irrelevant to the thread. I work 9-5 and the only time I can get to a dealer is Saturday morning.

It would be more convenient for me if they were open all of Saturday and Sunday too. When the Younger Mrs S. Cinquecento bust a clutch cable (on the way back from the dealer, ironically) I had to wait until Monday to even start looking for a part.

Titch was off-the-road Monday. Luckily Bishops (Guildford) had a cable in stock, so I was fixed and ready to go again for Tuesday.. otherwise I would have been without that car for 4 or 5 days.

It's all about service. Does the dealer want to offer me better service or not..? Trouble is, I think ALL car dealers are closed for 3/4 of the weekend.. so there's no competetive reason for anyone to offer anything more.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
dnf
AO Member

Member car:

various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
The "My bank is better than your bank.." discussion is very illuminating but it's irrelevant to the thread.

Ralf S.
untill very recently i would have agreed with you--but the truth is they are both buisinesses with the only differance one wont be pulled out of closure/recievership by the government/taxpayers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page