Why me? arrrgh - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Why me? arrrgh

I am a very CAREFUL and CONSIDERATE person when it comes to parking. Since i bought my GTV i have always parked my car at the far end of the car park at work, at least two cars away from the rest, so people dont ding my doors and i dont do the same to them with the unruly large doors of the GTV. Today i had a half day, pulled into the car park about 1pm and there was a peugeot 306 pulling into the space next to where i usually park, it had about 4 people in it returning from lunch and i decided not to pull up alongside them because they would be opening their doors and may dent my car ... i had no choice but to park a bit further up next to a BRAND NEW 58 reg Honda Civic ... went to get out and tripped up ... fell into my door and WHACK .. dented the door of the BRAND NEW car next to me ... and then .. wait for it ... one of the blokes getting out of the 306 goes 'hey thats my car' ... what are the chances of that? i was gobsmacked ... you can hardly see the dent but there's no denying there's one there so now ive got to fork out 60 to have it sorted ... i dont believe it ... why do these things happen it really sh1ts me, i only parked there because i was being careful ... ARRRGH ARRRGH ARRRGHARRRGH ARRRGH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Wrexham
Re: Why me? arrrgh

Tough break...

I always park in an end space if I can and then right up to the empty side to avoid getting dinged.

The car park is behind an Argos, so imagine my displeasure at seeing my (then) 2 year old, and otherwise immaculate 156 being repeatedly bashed as somone was trying to fit a small wardrobe into their car.

PUT IT IN THE BACK OF THE CAR OR PULL OUT FIRST
Rewe

We all hate it when our cars get clipped, but like yours, I reckon most GTVs give as good as they get. A combination of long, heavy doors and the handle close to the front means that often the most dangerous place for a GTV to park is next to another GTV!

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 19-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Some luck at last ... ! the 'dent' i put in the guy's door was so faint he couldnt find it again the next day so he said not to worry. So the £60 goes back in my pocket .. phew ... found myself a nice quiet spot in the car park now, its a separate 3x bay so i'm now parking slightly crooked in the middle one .. may get a note on my windscreen after a while but im not going to lose sleep over it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page