garages grafitti - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

garages grafitti

Just had some work done on my car and found that the last garage had left grafitti in the dirt under my car including calling me gay and other nice pictures. Would you complain or go back to use them again? I felt like they took my money and were taking the p$ss a bit myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Jaguar XJR V8

Re: garages grafitti

Do you mean under the car, where it was parked, or actually on the underside of the car (where you normally can't see)?

If it's on the ground, who know's who it's aimed at and let it go.

If it's on your car, you know who it's aimed at and go ballistic.

If they think it's fun to (secretly) deface your car, God knows what else they'll consider funny.....urinate in the fuel/coolant/washer bottle?

When my car was being 'examined' at the Insurance Approved Damage Agent (was hit by uninsured 3rd party), when I went to collect some personal belongings from it, found sandwiches on the seats, coffee cups (some with coffee in, others with the panel fixings in), as well as the front end 'missing'.

Some garages need to look long and hard at the 'service' they offer.
I'd rather not pay for a glass encased waiting area and espresso served by a leggy receptionist, if the engineer/mechanic/fitter/monkey doesn't know you leave the wheels on when changing a Sud Sprint's front pads/disks.

...if wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets...
(Post Link) post #3 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

yeah it was actually written on the exhaust silencers, i was quite shocked cos they have serviced our cars for a long time now. Not happy at all. Did you complain. Im not a complainer normally but i just think they are havin a laugh at me and im payin for the privelege
Darren156

I'd go berserk myself,

Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1019
County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Giulia

You've to tell us which garages you've used now!
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Not good trickii, think I'd be looking to change garages and tell them why. You can complain but they will of course deny it. Don't give them the chance, find someone else to have your business and then tell them why. Perhaps a letter in the local rag would be published as long as you wrote it in a light hearted way whilst gritting your teeth, readers would certainly get the point though. Don't get mad, get even !

I suppose a lot of garages talk about us and about our obsession with our cars but as long as it's kept between themselves and is only verbal we have to accept that.
(Post Link) post #7 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Im terrible at complaining - i always end up apologising for getting angry in the end I think ill just not go back - they will lose four cars from their business now. I agree nige i reckon quite a few garages probably find it strange/funny how well some of us like to look after our cars compared to the normal run arounds they maybe service so i dont mind wot they say to each other but writing things on my car especially when they know that we do a lot of work on it ourselves and would probably be under it sometime almost makes me think they knew i would find it. I wont say who it is just in case i get in trouble - its only a small independant garage in a small town so i dont think many if any on here will have used them
Darren156

Mate, what did they actually write?

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

I would think that many of us don't like complaining, seems to be a very British thing. I'm very laid back and try to ignore things and shrug them off but sometimes I do get so infuriated that I'll have a fairly polite but firm full on rant.

Currently practising my ranting skills on BT, I was promised what I have been requesting yesterday but so far it hasn't happened so currently practising my next verbal attack !

At the end of the day you may just as well move on to someone else and you can feel satisfied that they have lost a fair bit of business. The reality though is that they will probably not care, that seems to be an all too common and prevalent attitude these days. Perhaps you can have a word with the garage owner if you don't think he was involved and just maybe he will take such a complaint seriously, no harm in letting your feelings be known trickii.
(Post Link) post #10 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Darren - they said i was gay and did a nice picture of someones manhood. Id find it quite funny if i hadnt been paying them a lot of money to actually work on my car. I think i will just leave it Nige - i dont think it would do any good complaining but there is a part of me that want them to know the business they have lost. Hey good luck with BT I know wot a nightmare problems with them can be sometimes
(Post Link) post #11 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi cloverleaf - yeah i think a letter may be in order im useless face to face. You know those times when you finish talking to someone and you think damn i forgot to say so and so and wish id have said this, i always do that
Nev

Maybe it was a come-on from some closeted homosexual mechanic?

(Post Link) post #13 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Maybe it was a come-on from some closeted homosexual mechanic?
he'd hav stood more chance if he'd reduced the bill a little
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Is this the mechanic Nev is referring to ?

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attac...1&d=1221397219

Last edited by Nige005; 20-10-08 at 13:10.
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

That's not on, it just shows a complete lack of respect for you.

I'm crap at complaining too, but a letter is in order here. Don't get emotional just state the facts. As a result of your mechanic writing X on the underside of my car and a picture of a penis I will not be using your garage again, and I will be advising my friends and family to do the same.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Go on name and shame them here ...
alfafamily

Get a felt tip and draw the same stuff on the wall in the garage reception, when the owner asks why, you can tell him, then ask for a refund, then threaten to report him to trading standards. Or of course you could just get someone to beat the crap out of the one that did it. B*stards. Things like that wind me up. Name and shame.

Global Mod Team

County: British Columbia
Garage

I would imagine the boss would love to know what his mechanic is writing on the customers cars.(unless of course the boss is the mechanic? )Most people probably don't look at the work they get done, it may be that this guy does this to all the cars he works on.

A letter and a follow up phone call if they don't respond. Good luck with it.

Does this garage have an e-mail adress?

woah woah woah, I think this is getting blown out of proportion.

Was probably the lads in the garages having a laugh with each other. No big deal IMHO.
(Post Link) post #21 of 41 Old 14-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Nige - i think that picture must be of a southern mechanic
alfa family - love that idea although it looked like theyve had a lot more practice than me as the detail was quite something
Cheers corbo, classicgal - i didnt no whether i was just being a bit sensitive - it could just be a thing they do instead of aimed at me but you tend to take these things personally if you no wot i mean. Gary I dont think they have an email address cos that is how i would have complained - its like sending a text a lot easier to do.
Im not goin to name them chris, if it was a big spot that others may go to i may have but its only a small spot but thats y i thought they wouldnt do that stuff.
I know wot ya mean G5een but it would be like goin to the dentist and paying him while he's doing a little doodle on the back of one of your teeth so everytime you come back he can have a little chuckle to himself
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Carry on using the same garage but write something insulting about the mechs where they are bound to see when they next work on it.

See what their reaction is.
Rewe

Thats not on Trickii! It has clearly upset you, as it would me. IMO, you have got to man up and complain. If not it will eat away at you for a long time and that is just not healthy. If you feel nervous, just keep thinking of all the moral support you have from here.

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

hmmm... wouldn't let it worry you if i were you trickii. just a couple of young grease monkeys having a laugh, they probably haven't a clue whose car it was anyway.

but if its really riled you then write to the garage and demand a written apology from the mechanic involved otherwise you'll let the whole of AO know which garage it was.
alfafamily

The varied reaction to this thread is interesting. To some people even a small thing like writing on the silencer is too much to bear. Others can just brush it aside. I'm afraid I belong to the former group.
It reminds me of (Pulp Fiction?) when it was said "you DO NOT F*** with a man's automobile".

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page