The bliss is over - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Sipe

The bliss is over

I was just enjoying watching the Olympics for the last couple of weeks. At least it kept all the Gordons' off the telly. Then I heard Gordon was in Beijing and thought " oh ok, Ramsey has found another niche but no! it was Gordon Brown-aye, giving a politically slanted speech.. Just his lego face and whiplash smile---ugh grrrr. I know it's the handover ( no giggles) but sheet man! give the politics a break!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Re: The bliss is over

The Olympics has been steadily being more about politics than it is sport. With this one more than any other. The problem is, we need China. We hark on about their dreadful human rights record but like the fact that we can buy things imported from there nice and cheap. So, of course, we need to say in public how badly behind the times they are, but in secret we will be shaking Hu's hand and asking for another boat load of goods at ridiculously low prices to pass on to our citizens.
EddieGTA

Boris was there too the other day. Now don't get me wrong I think some of the plans he has as mayor are OK, but given his record of foot in mouth was that wise

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Boris for Prime Minister !!
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell811 View Post
Boris for Prime Minister !!
he reminds me of the tory boy Harry Enfield used to do, but in a likeable way

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

I love BoJo, he's great.

He's just not your regular politician, and is a bit unpredictable in interviews. He's a character.
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Boris is a character, like Ken Livingstone, Diane Abbott and the late great Tony Banks.

Politics desperately needs these people
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jarrett View Post
Boris is a character, like Ken Livingstone, Diane Abbott and the late great Tony Banks.

Politics desperately needs these people
Politicis doesn't need the likes of Ken Livingstone. Personally I can't stand the guy, on the other hand Boris while on the outside appears to be a bumbling fool clear knows what he's doing and is a great character.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Caine View Post
Politicis doesn't need the likes of Ken Livingstone. Personally I can't stand the guy, on the other hand Boris while on the outside appears to be a bumbling fool clear knows what he's doing and is a great character.
Totally agree, he may come across as a bumbling fool but a lot of what he has said has made sense and just been common sense.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
The Olympics has been steadily being more about politics than it is sport. With this one more than any other. The problem is, we need China. We hark on about their dreadful human rights record but like the fact that we can buy things imported from there nice and cheap. So, of course, we need to say in public how badly behind the times they are, but in secret we will be shaking Hu's hand and asking for another boat load of goods at ridiculously low prices to pass on to our citizens.
Errr. Remember Berlin Olympics?

It's nothing new.

And, in more recent memory, the boycott on the Moscow Olympics. I seem to remember we were urged to boycott those ones because Russia had invaded Afganistan. Then we were bank-rolling Bin Laden too.

What goes around comes around. Eh?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Caine View Post
^ This.

Boris seems to be more of a regular person, he doesn't tie up what he says in confusing politics speak, he simply says what's in his head.
AO Silver Member

He has been described as a wolf in clown's clothing.

I tend to agree. I think he's pretty scary to be honest. Doesn't seem to have any principles to speak of. Other than me, me, me.

By his own admission, during the recent "Who do you think you are" programme, as a journalist, he likes to say things for effect, rather than because he believes they are true. This is his idea of the role of the journalist.

Any respectable journalist should have the desire to communicate the truth underpinning their work, rather than the desire to be controversial and "punchy" (his words not mine).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page