Meal out... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 17-08-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146ti

Meal out...

I have my girlfriends mum n dad over on hols (here in the IOM) so we booked a sit in meal in a restaurant, as soon as we sat down for the meal it started to go wrong 25mins before the girl came over to ask what we would like to eat so we orded starters & the main course & carried on with our drinks, with more drinks & more drinks 1 hour later the same girl came over to us & said thats there been a mix up in the kitchen & the chief has only just put on the starters (to which I started to lose it) but I remembered that I had to behave myself...... we weren't the only ones in the place losing their rags at least 6 other parties were losing the plot to cut the story short we did finally end up having our meals but 2 had to go back because they were cold when we went to pay I was all for telling them I'm not paying but misses mum got there before me & ended up having a 20% discount (oh by the way there was a party of six people came in just a couple of mins after us at 7.30pm when we were leaving they were still waiting for their starters.....that was at 9.45pm) The name of the pub is "The Colby Glen" in colby Isle of man.

Stupid people shouldn't breed...!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Re: Meal out...

Given the huge mark-ups on restaurant booze, it was probably a ploy: keep 'em drinking while they wait...
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Great review, I'll have to go some time !!
Nev

Sounds like they need a visit from Gordon ****ing Ramsey.

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Sorry to hear that
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

I'm not sure if this is an urban myth or not, but I'm sure from an old legal standpoint you only have to pay what you think the meal is worth.
AO Gold Member

County: -

What really annoys me with restaurants is when you book a table for say 10 of you, they take the booking, but when you turn up the service is [email protected] - food takes ages, comes out in stages etc. Then when you complain, the reason they give is that you're group is too big........................

Don't take the bl00dy booking then

That has happened so many times - I'd rather they were honest and said they couldn't cope with large groups!
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
I'm not sure if this is an urban myth or not, but I'm sure from an old legal standpoint you only have to pay what you think the meal is worth.
Total myth I am afraid. If you see the price beforehand and order than that is what you agree to pay.

If, like anything else, it is not as described or otherwise demonstrably sub-standard then you have cause for redress.

What you cannot do is eat a meal, say it was OK but then say "I am only prepared to pay £XX" when your only reason for doing so is that you arbitrarily declare it was worth less than advertised.

Paul.
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
I do recall hearing (on Nick Ferrari's LBC breakfast show) that if you're not satisfied with a meal or the service recieved, you can leave without paying anything at all. Apparently you must find the manager and inform him/her the reasons for not paying, and you have to leave your name and address with the manager.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page