F**king a******e on the M6/A14 this morning... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 15-08-08 Thread Starter

F**king a******e on the M6/A14 this morning...

On my way to my first appointment today I happened accross a guy driving a flat bed tow truck with a beaten up MG ZR on the back. His vehicle couldn't take the speeds he was trying to sustain on the gradient involved and as such it was fluctuating between 60 and 75 miles per hour.

I cruised up to him at a steady 72, and then overtook him when the hill went against him, going down the otherside, he sped up and repeated tha favour. Come the next hill, he slows again... and past I went. But when I pulled back in I noticed he was tailgating me..... EXTREMELY closely....

Eventually he overtook again and went on his way. However, yet again, he couldn't keep his speed up, went slower.... and keeping my speed constant, I overtook again... however.... mid way through the manouever conditions went back into his favour. He matched my speed for a bit before letting me in and then promptly blasting me with the full force of his headlights and angrily waving at me!! Inevitably he went for the overtake come the next downhill stretch, and mid way through the move cut accross me with the flat bed portion of his vehicle WHILE I WAS STILL IN THE LANE HE WAS PULLING INTO. He would have hit me, the c**t would have wiped me out. Purely for the heinous crime of keeping a constant speed and overtaking him when he became slower. I never intentionally held him up, I was simply keeping constant speed.

My god I am so furious..... Had I not swerved I could have been dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Re: F**king a******e on the M6/A14 this morning...

What an ********. Personally, I'd have overtaken him again, then given him the bird before speeding off.

I was thinking the other day how easy it would be to have a video camera linked to the front of the car to a hard-drive in the boot or something that would come on automatically when you turn the ignition, that way you could submit videos of complete dicks to the police.

They are some Kn*bs sometimes aren't they. I experience this kind of thing occasionally and always follow the advice of a guy I know who has has a lot of involvement with big trucks. If you REALLY REALLY want to **** them off do this: Get in front of them when the gradient is against them - this is when they cannot accelerate and when they are not able to overtake you. Then get gradually slower and slower not only do you slow them up but it will take them ages to get up to speed again. Once you are happy that they are apoplectic enough, accelerate away with a friendly wave out of the window and the sweet taste of vengeance in your mouth!

I will add that most lorry drivers are the best road users there are and this methd should only be practised on the real d*ckheads.
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post

I was thinking the other day how easy it would be to have a video camera linked to the front of the car to a hard-drive in the boot or something that would come on automatically when you turn the ignition,
I'm looking for a system, but not for evidence
purposes. Just to post some vids of the dullards
I always see around here.

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire

To avoid plonkers like this I usually end up driving a little faster than I was intending too, either that or slow down and let him get ahead neither is ideal but it is preferable to getting flattened!
AO Member

People change when they get behind the wheel perhaps he was a jerk off in the first place!
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
I'm looking for a system, but not for evidence
purposes. Just to post some vids of the dullards
I always see around here.
I'v seen one advertised: its targeted at fleet managers who want to keep an eye on their reps.

Forget what it's called but it was advertised in Auto Express; might be on their website.

Consists of a forward looking camera, a GPS based speed and position logger and a hard drive to record it all.
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 18-08-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dunamis View Post
To avoid plonkers like this I usually end up driving a little faster than I was intending too, either that or slow down and let him get ahead neither is ideal but it is preferable to getting flattened!
The beggar is mate, i'm on a tracker. If I go over about 72 mph it flags up with my employer, and I get royally f*cked. I couldn't go any quicker...

As for slowing down. No.... Just no.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfens View Post
I'v seen one advertised: its targeted at fleet managers who want to keep an eye on their reps.

Forget what it's called but it was advertised in Auto Express; might be on their website.

Consists of a forward looking camera, a GPS based speed and position logger and a hard drive to record it all.
... and if they made me have one of these I'd buy a great big magnet and sit it right next to the harddrive ...
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
The beggar is mate, i'm on a tracker. If I go over about 72 mph it flags up with my employer, and I get royally f*cked. I couldn't go any quicker...

As for slowing down. No.... Just no.
mmm! that a bit of a bu%%er; my wife would like to fit one of them to my car!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page