Can I move a motorbike - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 14-08-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset
Can I move a motorbike

I own my flat and the private parking space that goes with it.

My space is next to a private parking area for the neighbour. My neighbour chains his motorbike to a post at the top of my space as it's the only secure place to lock it, fair enough, we have an understanding on this.

However he he become increasingly inconsiderate with his parking, to the point where tonight I cannot actually put my car in the space. His motorbike is fully in my parking space and if I try and park I'll damage both his bike and my car.

He's not in so I can't ask him to move it. Should I just pick it up and move it out of the space?

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rayq81

Re: Can I move a motorbike

Yes, I cant see how he can object as long as you dont damage it.

(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 14-08-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Job done, I'll send him the bill for putting my back straight...heavy bloody bike!
AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Not light, are they
VO2Max

...inch given, mile taken - why do people do that?

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
...inch given, mile taken - why do people do that?
Exactly, Bloody Bikes ..................

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

had a similar experience with my old next door neighbour. we had a friendly agreement that he could park outside my house as we always put both of our cars on the drive, and there are double yellows outside next door. no problem for ages but after a while he used to consider it was HIS parking space and you could hear him revving his engine and getting annoyed if ever we had a guest round who parked outside our house it even got to the stage where he'd get annoyed if we parked one of our OWN cars outside OUR house luckily he moved away last year

- Keepin' it moist -
AO Silver Member

County: -

I had this a few years back. We had a drive but no lowered curb so i parked my Supra outside on the road as there was no way i was gonna chance it over the curb. Our neighbour would purposely park right outside the drive effectively taking up 2 spaces.

They wanted me to park in the layby 200 hundred yards away. No chance of that either!! A few carefully worded letters to the windscreen and through their door later and they got the message.
AO Member

I have a similar situation (though i am the biker).

I live in a flat above a tiny high street, so no parking. I leave the bike parked at the back, in the shop's parking, and I always leave it as far over to the side as possible (tyres just on the edge of curb), locked to the tree. Huge space - and I can honestly say that the bike has never caused problems. on her agreement, she said i can park 1 car (currently a smart car!) and my bike, but one day, my neighbour was sick, and when his sister came, she blocked in the lady in the shop, so the lady came banging on my door at 8am when i was off work, to tell me to move my car + bike, and no more parking there.

I have no problem obeying her instructions, as i was only parked there on her agreement, but there was absolutely no need for the temper and the rudeness, when a simple 'is that your car?' would have sufficed! (And it wasnt even my car!). I dont park my car there during the day anymore, but the bike still stays. one time she looked like she was going to tell me not to park there, but by the time i got my helmet off, she disappeared. i knocked for her, but no answer.

But the bike is always parked out the way
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

its the same as pulling into a petrol station at one pump and the other guy pulls in right up to you even though a little bit of consideration would allow you to get past. Probably a rant on its own ... but ya i agree when its not interfering with anybody why do these people always want to complain.
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 156 v6

i get it all the time i live in a maisonette (upstairs) which means i dont get the driveway but i have an allocated parking space and the people who live below have two cars which will both fit on the drive if they park properly however because i work shifts the minute i go out my space gets nicked by one of them lol a few polite words ok well not polite sorted it but you shouldnt have to argue with people over trivial things like this its ridiculous

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page